Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.h.nikhilaYour feedback matters!
I am having a pain in my back since many days the pain is at the back bone due to which I cannot bend down properly and most of the time I cannot stand more for long time x ray say that it is a muscle strain please help me.
I am suffering from pcod. Having severe hair loss n wait gain. N insulin level is high. Kindly advise.
I had very dense hair. Just after 2013 my haor started getting thinner nd thinner and tended to fall vigorously. Lot of dandruff. Scalp always itchy burning and irritating. Hair are dry as hell. I drink lot of water. Jave been taking medications from all streams. Have applied all types of oil. Please help save them. Please. Im just 22 and no such thing in my genes as father still have good hair in his late 40s.
Hi Doctor, I want to consult with you my mother's problem. My mom suffering from headache problem in which her head got very severe pain, face got swelled, she vomited, blood pressure became low and sometimes the pain is unbearable and she started crying. This is from last 10-12 years. We are done with CT-SCAN and everything found normal. Please help. Hope for the best. Thank you.
I am 19 years old female nd I am having pigmentation on my face with black spots so please recommend me witb the medicines.
I am living in pune frm last 3 years and my hairfall has increased a lot. I am not getting why. Please help.
Prostate cancer is a cancerous tumor in a man’s prostate gland, a small gland that is responsible for producing the seminal fluid which transports and nourishes the sperm. It is a very common type of cancer among men. A few cases of prostate cancer tend to develop slowly while others may progress very fast.
In the initial stages, prostate cancer may not show any symptom. However, in the latter stages, there may be symptoms such as:
Pain in the bones.
Urination can get troublesome.
Presence of blood in the semen.
Pain and discomfort in the pelvic region.
The exact causes of prostate cancer are not known. It starts to develop when certain cells in the prostate gland start to mutate. These mutations cause these cells to multiply at a very fast rate and thus, soon form tumors. Although the causes are not known, certain factors tend to aggravate this condition; them being:
Color: According to certain medical reports, a darker skin may mean increased chances of suffering from prostate cancer.
Age: The risk of developing prostate cancer tends to increase with age.
Genetics and Family History: Faulty genes could be another cause of this condition. Also, having some member in the family who is diagnosed with this type of cancer only increases the risks of you suffering from them.
Obesity: If you are obese, then you are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
The treatments for prostate cancer include:
Radiation Therapy: In this procedure, high energy rays are used to target and destroy cancer cells. Usually X-rays or protons are used to treat the cancer cells.
Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is a type of treatment wherein certain medications are administered to prevent your body from producing testosterone.
Surgery: If the other treatment methods do not produce desired results, then a surgery is carried out for the removal of the prostate gland. In addition to the prostate gland, some adjoining lymph nodes and tissues are also removed.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is method of destroying cancer cells by injecting chemicals into the body. The medicines are injected into the veins in the arms.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized oncologist and ask a free question.
I have a skin disease fugal infection full icing under arms and lower part of the stomach any suggestions please.
I am 25 years old. Am having a excessive hair fall. Have been taking all the measures but could not find the solution will be great if you provide some tools. Thank you.
I am 23 years old. I have a digestion problem or something like that. I started jogging after a long time and whenever I tried to push my limits I encountered digestion problem and even now it is there. I had this problem earlier also, it was not so often then. When I am having this problem, I use to poo two times a day but it is not proper. Not proper loose motion but something like that. I am having this problem from the last one and a half year. Please suggest me what to do.
Hello doctor, Due to heavy weight of my body my activity running very slow. That's why I can not work easily. please give me some advice.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.