Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. B GowdaYour feedback matters!
My pet dog scooby,12 years old,eats well ,passes normal stools.But always sleeping.Not active as before.
My street dog pup is 1 month old .not having any feed from yesterday morning. And is crying having cramps need medical help .pls suggest me medicine or any injection my sis is mbbs and she can inject the pup maybe.
It is not unnatural to find some lumps or bumps on your dog’s body, particularly when the dog is approaching its senior years. These growths are among the most common issues found in older dogs. But it can also happen to the younger ones. It is natural to be scared and have doubts whether it is a tumor or a lump or is it cancer. As a dog owner, therefore, you must understand the different types of lumps, bumps and growths on the dogs so that you can consult with a reputed veterinarian without delay.
1. Understanding the lumps, bumps, and growths: The veterinary doctor would refer to an unknown lump as a tumor in a general manner. This term do not indicate the malignity or benignity of the tumor. These terms typically indicate that an abnormal growth of tissues has taken place inside the body which has a shape or is a mass. There is no reason to panic in case your vet says that there is a growth or something of similar significance.
2. Getting the right diagnosis of the lumps on dogs: The dog owners are most likely to notice growth on the dogs while taking it for routine grooming or while petting it. When there is a new growth or tumor on the dog, it is safer to consult with the veterinarian who can carry out a thorough checkup. He would discuss the medical history of the dog which may include daily lifestyle, diet, signs and symptoms of illness and then a physical examination will be performed. It is important to note here that sometimes, the growth may not be noticeable and this is the primary reason why taking it out to an experienced veterinarian is crucial. The expert would be able to find visible masses while carrying out a routine examination.
3. Testing the mass or lump on the dog’s body: When there is a lump or growth on the dog’s body, it is important to carry out some tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, radiographs revealing signs of metastasis and internal abnormalities, ultrasound, CT scan and certain advanced diagnostics.
In some cases when the lump can be easily accessed, the expert may recommend you to take your dog for a fine needle aspirate which is performed by inserting a small needle into the mass and drawing back the syringe. A little amount of tissue gets accumulated in the syringe which is then tested to determine the character of the lump. When the fine needle aspirate test is not effective, usually a biopsy is carried out under general anesthesia or mild sedation where it is cut out surgically or the entire mass is removed following surgical procedures.
Sir/mam, my dog (5 years old) is suffering with urine problem, i.e. He urinates but dropwise. He is otherwise active n takes meals properly There is no pain in stomach on pressing. Few days back he ate the whole small pack of pedigree and after that this happened. I gave him dexona n now giving norflox400. Pls help.
I have a GSD cross breed pet which is 6 years old. On monday the 25th it got bitten by some other dog. On that day itself he seems to be very frighten to go out. Usually he used to go out and come. Like wise that day aslo he went. But it got wounded and it seems to be severe. Today he is front legs got bulged. He won't allow us to treat. What to do. Please l. Suggest me. I bought eggs and chew sticks for him. Can I give that for him or no. Please. Clarify whether to give or not. Daily he use to take only milk food and white bread or toast. At present I am not giving any chew sticks or egg rice to him. suggest me please.
At home to know that your dog is fit, alert & free from any kind of ailments, you must monitor the following factors-
1. Playful, active, alert & response adequately to your calls
2. A sound appetite denoting a good health status.
3. Learn how to measure rectal temperature. A rectal temperature must not be lower than 99'F and should not cross 102'F.
4. Water intake is normal.
5. Urination, defecation should be upto the mark.
6. Tip of the nose will be bright, cool & moistened enough.
If all these factors say you that your dog is absolutely fine, you may consider nothing bad is waiting to be happened at the early hours.
Rough hair coats, diarrhea, malnutrition progressing to intestinal obstruction, and anemia are common issues with worms! We want to feed our pets - not the parasites. That is why we deworm. Don't wait until you are sure your pet has parasites – they have already caused damage at this point.
so always remember about deworming of your loving pet.