Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. B Girish

Gynaecologist, Bangalore

Dr. B Girish Gynaecologist, Bangalore
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. B Girish
Dr. B Girish is an experienced Gynaecologist in Raja Rajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore. He is currently associated with RC Hospital in Raja Rajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. B Girish and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

RC Hospital

No.484/A, Near ICICI Bank, 18th Main Road, Ideal Homes Township, Rajarajeshwari Nagar bangaloreBangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. B Girish

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Doctor, Delhi

Water is the most valuable resource in the world. After all this years we begin to understand that. About 70 percent of the human body and brain are made up from water.

Water is so vital to our survival in every sense of the word.

Alkaline water has the biggest level of hydration and is a excellent source of minerals vital to our body.

Because of our today’s ways of nutrition which is mainly consisted of processed food that includes salt, sugar, caffeine and alcohol – the most common form of pH imbalance is excess acidity.

Symptoms that point to the fact that your body is too acidic are tiredness, headache, stomach ache and a weakened immune system.

If the environment in our bodies is too acid or alkaline, our otherwise healthy cells can become toxic, collapse and die. An unbalanced pH damages the tissues.

If the body experiences an acidic environment for a longer period, it will ultimately deposit excess acidic substances into some area of the body in efforts to alkalize itself.

In that way, acidity increases in some areas and some cells die, but others may still live and/or adapt or turn into malignant.

Cancer cells can’t live in alkaline water.

That’s why drinking alkaline water is very, very useful.

Our body surveillance systems are responsible for our pH balance values, so they remove acid residue without damaging living cells.

However, if the load becomes too big, the result can be fatal to your body.

One more reason why you should drink alkaline water is the hydration of our body.

So protect and regenerate your body by making this water and drinking it on a daily basis.

Making it is simple and easy.


This is what you need:

2 Ltr water, clean filtered water (if only tap water is available, than use that one)
1 organic lemon, washed, cut into eights
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt


Fill the jug, than add the lemon slices (do not squeeze them!) and then add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt in it and cover it. Let it stay overnight (8 to 12 hours) at room temperature.

Drink 3 glasses of water every morning when you wake up before you eat or drink anything else to achieve the best pH balance in your body.

Start trying it tomorrow and your body will thank you!
17 people found this helpful

Hi I had sex with one guy unfortunately. I'm getting too much of pain in my ass. Not able to go toilet properly it's getting very pain. And not able to walk properly and not able to sleep in night properly and not able to sit properly. Feeling to die. Please help me.

Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S)
Ayurveda, Indore
Hi I had sex with one guy unfortunately. I'm getting too much of pain in my ass. Not able to go toilet properly it's ...
Gay sex is very unnatural thats why causes lot of problems also if you had unprotected sex get tested for std. It may last a few days at the MOST, but it does go away. Just be sure to keep the area clean so it doesn't get infected. Use warm water to soak your anal area in it. Also use analgesic cream ask for it at medical shop. Never ever indulge in such unnatural activity that can cause lot and lot of damage physically and mentally. Opt for ayurvedic medicines that will help you solve all your problems naturally and without any side effects.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir/mam I have got small rashes in and outside my vagina. It burns while urinating and touching. I have got cultured done the result was negative. Please help me and suggest me some good ointment or medicine. Thank you.

BHMS, MD - Alternate Medicine
Homeopath, Nagpur
Is there itching present & is most likely due to infection and personal hygiene is very very important also see that whether your husband has infection because also you may have Infection can be very well treated by homoeopathic medicine for more details
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have vagina pain, when I participating in sex. Please tell me solution for this.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Advanced Infertility
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Vaginal pain during sex has many causes ranging from lack of lubrication or wetness to a disease called as endometriosis. Try using ky jelly or visna gel if it still causes pain you need to see a gynaec.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mene meri girlfriend se sex kiya tha without protection. Uske bad uski period date miss ho gyi .ha usko irregular date ka problem he. Uski pichala period 2 month bad aya tha. Lekin tab hamne sex nai kiya tha isliye koi tension nai tha. Is bar sex kiya date miss ho gyi aur 16-17 day ke bad normally period start ho gye. To kya use koi pregnancy ka khatra hai. Suggest plz.

Gynaecologist, Pune
Mene meri girlfriend se sex kiya tha without protection. Uske bad uski period date miss ho gyi .ha usko irregular dat...
Irregular period does not mean that ur girlfriend cannot get pregnant. If u don't want to have accidental pregnancy , use protection in future. As far as her current situation, if she has got her normal periods, that means she is not pregnant.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Tip for Healthy Teeth

Dentist, Sangola
Tip for Healthy Teeth
Brush twice a day, keep tooth problems away: brushing twice a day removes the tiny left out food particles from the mouth and keeps it fresher and cleaner.

All About Esophagectomy

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Delhi
All About Esophagectomy

The surgical procedure to remove the oesophagus (the tube between your stomach and mouth), partially or completely, and reconstruct it by using a section of the large intestine or stomach is called esophagectomy.

Esophagectomy is commonly used to treat oesophageal cancer.


Early-stage oesophageal cancer is frequently treated with an esophagectomy. Other than that, esophagectomy is also performed to treat oesophageal dysplasia (a condition in which cells in the oesophageal lining are precancerous or likely to develop cancer if not promptly treated).

Esophagectomy is commonly performed when cancer has spread to the stomach, lymph nodes or associated organs.

Some other conditions which require esophagectomy include:

  1. Oesophageal trauma.

  2. Swallowing of cell-damaging, or caustic agents such as lye.

  3. Problematic stomach disorders that make the passage of food to the stomach difficult.

  4. A previously performed esophagectomy was unsuccessful.


There are three ways a surgeon may perform an esophagectomy, which include:

  • Transthoracic Esophagectomy (TTE)

In this type of procedure, the incision is made on the chest. A TTE is mostly used to treat the following conditions:

    • Cancer present only in two-thirds of the oesophagus

    • Barrett’s oesophagus (Abnormal cell transformation in the lower oesophagus)

    • Damage to the oesophagus by swallowing a caustic agent

    • Reflux esophagitis (stomach acids return to the oesophagus) complications

  • Transhiatal Esophagectomy (THE)

In THE, the incision is made from the end of the breastbone to the bellybutton. THE is performed for the following conditions:

    • To remove the cancerous oesophagus

    • To tighten or narrow the oesophagus in order to make swallowing easier

    • To fix issues in the nervous system

    • To repair frequent gastroesophageal reflux

    • Correct a hole in the oesophagus caused by any caustic agent

  • En Bloc Esophagectomy

In this procedure, the oesophagus, part of the stomach and all the lymph nodes in the abdomen and chest are removed. The incisions are made in the abdomen, chest and neck; the stomach will be reshaped and brought up to the chest to put back the oesophagus.

Potentially curable tumours are treated by en bloc esophagectomy.


Recovery time of esophagectomy is three weeks approximately. You are allowed to go back to your regular diet after a month. You might find that you are eating smaller portions as you stomach size is reduced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.

3044 people found this helpful

How many days we can still wait for labour pains after the expected date of delivery? Please advice.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
How many days we can still wait for labour pains after the expected date of delivery? Please advice.
Hi . We can wait upto 1 week after the expected delivery date for labour pains to start on their own but that has some risks involved. Waiting after the dates can result in decreased liquor of the baby, causing stress to baby, which in turn will make the baby pass stool in uterus, if the baby inhales the stool then she will having lung infections, will not cry after birth and may need nicu admission. I usually do not wait beyond 2-3 days after crossing the dates for this very reason. I suggest you visit your doctor and get the baby examined by nst (non stress test) and ultrasound to see for liquor. If both are fine you can wait for 2 days. These tests need to be done alternate day after the expected dates to ensure that the baby is doing well inside. Your doctor will advise the best after seeing the reports. Hope this information has helped you. All the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the reason behind irregular menstrual cycle and is it a prblm if someone getting vomettings in that period.

FIMSA, FICOG, MNAMS (Obstetrtics & Gynaecology) , MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Delhi
What is the reason behind irregular menstrual cycle and is it a prblm if someone getting vomettings in that period.
Irregular periods are very common occur in 1: 5 ladies. Majority of times it is harmonal problem. Short of gynae checkup. Things can, t be sorted out
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I do masterbating 5-6 times a week, will it cause me in future or while having child ?

MD - Medicine, MBBS
Cardiologist, Panchkula
Try to reduce this.Although this is not going to affect your future sex life . It may have psychological effects.
10 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 26 year old woman. My question is having salt more sometimes with chili powder is bad for health.

PGDD, RD, Bachelor of Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
I  am a 26 year old woman. My question is having salt more sometimes with chili powder is bad for health.
Anything is excess of what the body requires is not good. Try to take more of natural foods like fruits nuts etc and good amount of water to help reduce the salt craving.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I took primolut N from 27.02. 16 to 06.03. 16, I got my period on 07.03. 16. But yesterday i. E on 09.03. 16 I saw some fleshy thing discharge with heavy abdomen cramps and pain with heavy bleeding. Pls help.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
I took primolut N from 27.02. 16 to 06.03. 16, I got my period on 07.03. 16. But yesterday i. E on 09.03. 16 I saw so...
If pregnancy was not the issue this fleshy thing was clot and happens when progesterone tablets are stopped after taking for 5 days or more. You r likely to experience this kind of bleeding for 2-3 days as you took progesteron (primolut). This will subside within 3 days.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My Dr. prescribed me vivo conceive f tablet for infertility treatment. So can you tell me side effect of this tablet and is this really help me for my treatment? I search on net for this tablet but can not find anything so I am little bit confuse regarding this tablet.

Ayurveda, Nashik
My Dr. prescribed me vivo conceive f tablet for infertility treatment. So can you tell me side effect of this tablet ...
this is health booster tab ,some gynec use in fertility treatment,. increase body heat ,constipation, acidity common side effects . what is exact problem related infertility? no data for exact role of this in infertility. u can consult privately with all reports & complaints
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is 8 months pregnant, can I have sex with her, if yes what is the position I have to use when I have sex, please recommend me thank you!

General Physician, Chennai
You can have sex the position cannot be missinory for mechanical reasons find out which position she is comfortable in.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Breastfed Babies Have Lower Childhood Leukemia Risk

General Physician, Himatnagar
Breastfed Babies Have Lower Childhood Leukemia Risk
When you are having a baby, chances are good that lots of people will have lots of advice. One of the things they’ll probably recommend is breastfeeding. Everyone from your obstetrician to the nurses in the maternity ward to possibly even your friends and family will tell you that it’s important to nurse, and with good reason. Breastfeeding has been linked with lots of benefits including better bonding with your infant, losing those pregnancy pounds faster, and a higher IQ in your child. And now, new research offers up yet another reason it is important to breastfeed–possibly decreasing the likelihood that your baby will develop leukemia as a child.
The study, which was conducted at the University of Haifa in Israel, found that nursing may lower the risk of pediatric leukemia by 14 to 19 percent. The scientists reached this conclusion by performing a meta-analysis of 18 studies that had been previously published. The subjects of each of the 18 investigations were mothers of children who had been diagnosed with leukemia and mothers of children who were healthy. They were asked questions that included whether or not they breastfed their children and their responses were compiled and compared.
The research was not designed to prove cause and effect, and these findings in no way show that failure to nurse a baby causes pediatric leukemia. However, that difference of 14 to 19 percent is significant enough to establish an association between breastfeeding and lowering a child’s risk of this disease. The scientists found that it was a minimum of six months of breastfeeding that appears to confer some type of protection.
The major weakness of this type of study is that the findings are based on recall. You might think that you would certainly remember the length of time that you nursed a child, but if you are asked about it several years later and have more than one kid, some of the details might be a little fuzzy. However, even if that is an issue, it stands to reason that most mothers can provide a fairly accurate account of whether or not they breastfed and the approximate duration.
At any rate, even if the 14 to 19 percent determined by the scientists is slightly off, the evidence still provides a link to reducing the chance of your child developing leukemia. And any potential reduction of a risk like that is something most mothers would jump at. Leukemias, which affect the bone marrow and blood, are responsible for approximately 30 percent of all pediatric cancers according to the American Cancer Society. It is the most common form of childhood cancer, and treatment typically involves chemotherapy and sometimes radiation or surgery as well.
While the research did not address exactly how breastfeeding might help prevent pediatric leukemia, the answer might lie in a 2014 study at the University of Kentucky in Lexington that showed breast milk is an effective route of transmitting antibodies from mother to baby. These antibodies serve a valuable function by quickly bringing the infant’s immune system up to speed and helping the child fight off infections. And as Jon Barron has pointed out,cancer is intimately tied to the strength of your immune system. Other research has found that breastfed babies are hospitalized less frequently than their bottle-fed counterparts, have a lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome, and have diminished rates of ear infections, diarrhea, allergies, anddiabetes.
Ultimately, to breastfeed a child or not is a matter of choice. But with so many proven health benefits to both infant and mother (breastfeeding has been shown to reduce your risk of breast and ovarian cancer as well as rheumatoid arthritis), it is hard to imagine many reasons why a woman would choose formula over nursing. Of course sometimes there are extenuating circumstances due to an adoption, inability to produce sufficient quantities of breast milk, and other issues that might preclude nursing. But any time spent breastfeeding is worthwhile for the health of both you and your little one.
27 people found this helpful

Menstrual Irregularities

B.A. Sanskrit, BAMS, M.A. Sanskrit, MS -Gynaecology Ayurveda
Ayurveda, Thane
Menstrual Irregularities

A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.

Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.

Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.

Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-

  1. Excessive weight gain or weight loss. Obesity has been found to cause menstrual irregularities.

  2. Emotional stress and anxiety.

  3. Persistent physical exhaustion.

  4. Illness.

  5. Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.

  6. Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.

  7. Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.

  8. Polycystic ovarian syndrome.

  9. Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.

  10. Inadequate rest and sleep.

  11. Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.

  12. Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.

  13. Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia has been known to cause menstrual irregularities.


  1. A balanced diet which includes enough proteins, calcium and vitamins.

  2. Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.

  3. Light but regular exercising.

  4. Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.

  5. Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.

  6. Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.

  7. Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.

  8. Maintain an optimum body weight.

  9. In case of missed periods for over 2 months, do a home pregnancy check up or visit the gynaecologist.

  10. Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life.

    If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.

4360 people found this helpful

Do You Know that Vapour Rubs or Balms can Help Relieve Mosquito Bites?

MD - Pathology
General Physician, Amritsar
Do You Know that Vapour Rubs or Balms can Help Relieve Mosquito Bites?

Do You Know that Vapour Rubs or Balms can Help Relieve Mosquito Bites?

You’d be surprised to know that in addition to curing common colds and congestions, over-the-counter vapour rubs can provide relief from the discomfort caused by insect bites, especially those from mosquitoes.

How do vapour rubs relieve mosquito bites?

Most of the over-the-counter decongestants available in the market have camphor, eucalyptol, and common menthol as their key ingredients, which are known to be active remedies for relieving itchiness experienced due to insect bites. Additionally, most of these vapour rubs have a strong odour, which is also known to repel mosquitoes, thereby preventing bites.

How to apply a vapour rub to treat mosquito bites?

To get relief from an itchy mosquito or insect bite you need to first wash your hands properly, and then clean the portion of the skin surrounding the bite and dry it. Then use the tip of your finger or a small piece of cotton to apply a small amount of the vapour rub on the affected area. Ensure that the skin completely absorbs the ointment by rubbing it slowly over the bite. This process provides you with instant relief. If the itchiness persists, you can apply the vapour rub again as and when needed.

Precautions to be taken

Like other medications meant for external use, you should abide by the instructions mentioned on the label of the vapour rub and pay heed to any warning signs. Moreover, if the application of the ointment results in irritation or reddening of your skin, immediately stop using it and look for another way to get relief from mosquito bites.


749 people found this helpful

My wife can not conceiving because both the fallopian tubes are blocked. So I just need to check if this blockage can be removed by medicine/surgery or any other suggestion.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, in cases of blocked tubes, hydrotubation may be tried to open the tubes hysteroscopically bt the success is limited. Also salpingitis and tuberculosis should be ruled out. If the block remains then the only option which remains is ivf through donor egg and husband's sperm. Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pcos problem now am in medication 3 month how long it will take to cure when am conceive.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
I have pcos problem now am in medication 3 month how long it will take to cure when am conceive.
It take three to six months, but apart from Medicines you also need to focus on your weight gain if any ,your physical activity and balanced diet. No junk oily fried foods are advisable.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed