Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. B.G.RudrappaYour feedback matters!
Hi 3 months back, I had severe cold/cough and one night I was awakened suddenly to find that my throat, noses & both ears are blocked by cough. Next day morning I found that my nose, throat and left ear got cleared of blockages but the right ear still then blocked and some type of sound of air passing coming from inside the right ear. I consulted doctors - who gave me drep wax etc.- no result, then homeopath too but with no result. The air passing sound still comes out of the ear and I experience hearing deficiencies thro' right ear. Left ear is ok. Please advice & help. Thanks.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The problem is whenever I drink anything cold like cold drinks, juice, milk shakes, lemonade, etc, after some time I need to spit out cough from my mouth or nose. I want to know why cough is becoming in my body, and what is the cure of this disease?
I snore a lot. With mouth open. After waking up from sleep my throat gets dry. The sound of snoring is also different.
I am not sure if I am suffering from throat infection or cold. I am unable to swallow anything and my nose leaks too. Please help?
Is snoring a prime reason for sleep apnea? Can one assume that if there is no snoring, there is no sleep apnea. Give a detailed answer, sir?
Hi, Am 23 yr old girl, and am having Allergic sinus since from 7yrs, what should i have to do get cure, am fed up by taking everyday Citragene tablet
Hi I am 25 years old. I am suffering from throat infection. At small tongue place infection is there red infection. Please support me.
I have a hole in my ear. Whenever I am having cold then the water comes out of my ear and it pains a lot so kindly give me the resolution for this.
I have suffered from bleeding nose for 3 to 4 times in a couple of weeks. I have also been experiencing severe pain in the head recently. Can you please help me with this?
I have a problem with throat infection most of the times. I'm a lead singer so I get my voice strained. please help.
Okay actually I. Was having sex on 1 may twice. On this month I have sex many times, now I periods have not came. It supposed to come on 21 like that. At night I feel dizzy type.
My voice has been going in & out for a week. Now, it is going completely & my throat is sore. What can I do.
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
The 9 foods which help in treating a sore throat are:
- Bananas: These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
- Cooked carrots: Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
- Tea: Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
- Cooked cabbage: Cabbage contains antioxidants along with Sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C, which helps in fighting infection in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
- Sage: Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
- Honey: Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
- Licorice: Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties, which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is soft, which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
- Garlic: Garlic has strong antibacterial properties, which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.