Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. B. Basant SinghYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from mouth sore badly, she is not able to open her mouth and eat food. She is having Gfolvin lb and opox 200 and candid mouth pain but it didn't relief.
I'm 20 year old. Every morning when I brush teeth my gums start bleeding. How to treat this by myself?
It all started in March, might be february if I take small issues also, For two days in February I felt nauseated. Then in March first week, I had one ulcer inside mouth which was painful and I took antibiotic for that. After two days I had shivering fever and the next day I had rash all over my body with itchy face and also swollen glands near my cheek and back of neck. After that I always tired and have pains in my armpits and groins. There are sudden episodes of painful muscle and sore armpits and also fatigue. Blurry vision is also common sometimes and in excess sunlight it increases more. Sometimes I feel like tightness in my neck which goes away within a short span of time. I am just scared what is happening to me. I added some blood test reports for your better perusal, which was done a month ago. Its been 8 months that I am having acute episodes! Please help.
Suffering from bad breath, getting very stinky smell from mouth for the last six months when im talking to people. Consulted dentist but they told orally there is no problem. Notable to figure out the exact problem.
I have yellow teeth. I asked doctors but they told me that their nature is yellow. Can I have white teeth suggest.
I am a 25 year's old. I am suffering for bad breadth. Coming bad smell from my mouth while speaking. I don't have any bad habits like smoking drinking etc. I consulting dentist and cleaning my teeths twice a year. Twice a day brushing too. Can u help me to get rid of the smell.
A dental implant is a titanium post which mimics the root of the tooth and it’s surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line. After the implant is positioned, your dentist mounts replacement teeth or a bridge to replace a tooth or teeth that have fallen off, into that area.
Implants are a very useful new way to replace teeth that have been lost due to ageing, gum disease or trauma.
The options which were earlier available to replace missing teeth were an ordinary bridge which was attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth.
- A big advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be chipped or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth or teeth in place.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip. It gives you improved speech.
- An implant also is better for maintaining dental health as it does not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Implants also don’t come loose as dentures can.
Because implants fuse to the jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. This means dentures and bridges mounted to implants don’t slip or shift in your mouth. This helps you eat and speak normally.
This secure fit also makes the dentures and bridges mounted over implants feel more natural than bridges or dentures.
Some people can’t get ordinary bridges and dentures because of sore spots, poor ridges or gagging and for them, implants are a heaven send.
Should you get implants?
You can only get implants if you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. If your bone is too thin or soft you may have to get a bone graft first.
You should also be committed to keeping your implants healthy. For this, you should be committed to meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these will ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
Two types of implants are considered safe by the American Dental Association. They are:
- Endosteal implants —These are surgically implanted directly into your jawbone. This is followed by a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant after the surrounding gum tissue has healed. And finally, an artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post. This can be done individually or grouped on a bridge or denture.
- Subperiosteal implants — These consist of a metal frame that is fitted onto your jawbone. After the gums heal, the frame automatically becomes fixed to the jawbone. After these artificial teeth are mounted onto the posts, which are attached to the frame, and left to protrude through the gums just like with endosteal implants.
- Implants are very natural but they are expensive than other dentures or bridges, the other methods of teeth replacement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.