Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. B A PrasannaYour feedback matters!
Breakfast is the first meal of the day, so ideally it should also be the largest meal of the day. There are many foods that you may eat for breakfast, but not all of them are beneficial to your health. So, you should pick foods that provide your body with the necessary nutrients in the right quantities.
The best breakfast foods are:
- Oatmeal: Oats contain complex carbohydrates and fiber that induce satiety. They are also rich in potassium, folate and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the body. You can combine oats with honey and chopped fruits to add flavor and taste.
- Greek yoghurt: Yoghurt is a derivative of milk, rich in protein and probiotics. It is extremely beneficial for weight loss, your digestive system and overall body. You may add chopped apples and mangoes to the yoghurt and make a smoothie for your breakfast.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit helps in optimizing your blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity. It also promotes satiety and contains high amount of immunity boosting elements. You can combine this fruit with complex carbs, such as whole wheat pasta and a protein source to balance the meal.
- Bulgar wheat: Bulgar wheat or broken wheat is a good source of fiber and manganese; it is also a complex carbohydrate, which promotes blood sugar stability. You may boil Bulgar wheat along with vegetables to make porridge, add a boiled egg to the mix and you have a super healthy breakfast dish.
- Whole wheat wraps: Whole wheat is rich in magnesium, which reduces the chance of metabolic disorders, such as diabetes. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties along with keeping your blood sugar steady. Stir fry some vegetables and then wrap it in a whole wheat pita bread. This will also add vitamins and antioxidants in large measure thus, adding quality nutrition to your breakfast.
- Upma: Upma is a very healthy and light dish for breakfast as it contains carbohydrates, fats and proteins in a balanced amount. It is digested slowly in the body; hence it does not spike your blood sugar levels. It also promotes satiety and does not cause bloating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 41 year old working in IT company. My shoulder and neck is paining after sitting in front of computer after a day long.
I am 17 year old and have some problem about my sleep continuous. When go to sleep I could ntt sleep. because I have some dirty pictures I my dreams. Sir pls help me. Or could not sleep in my life.
I'm having migraine for many years. Now a days it's severe migraine attacks. Is this due to lack of sleep or smoking. I do smoking. Do I have to quit smoking.
I'm a unmarried boy every day I'm doing hand job now I have one dout. In my future I can meet any problem in baby forming process. Please give me a crystal clear answer details?
8 months ago I developed severe itching on my forearms and used to scratch it a lot.Not sure what caused the itching. Since then I have unsightly hyperpigmented patches of various size and shaped on my forearms and a little bit on arms.They are not raised or scaly.They don't cause any problem but look horrible. I have tried mellalite cream for a few months , no improvement.I have started using vit A and sunscreen since past 6 months,no improvement.I am 52 years old and have asthma. Not on steroids.
Tennis toe is also known as runner’s toe since athletes are mostly runners; skiers and tennis players also get this injury often. Due to its ugly appearance, tennis toe is also known as a black toenail. This injury causes bleeding under the toe along with moderate to heavy pain. Although it is not considered to be type 1 serious injury, it can still force an athlete to abstain from participating in any events. The blood from the toenail might take its own sweet time to get out of the way. As a result, the recovery time for this injury can last for weeks together. This, unfortunately, is also an ideal condition for infection to set in.
How does it happen?
This condition may arise because of the friction between the toenail and the running shoes or constant downward pressure on the toe. In case if the shoe is tighter than normal, it can damage the toenail. If on the other hand, the shoe is very loose, it can result in similar condition due to heavy pressure on the nail. Tennis toe can also arise in a situation, if the toe constantly bangs the shoe from inside. Extreme hot weather may also result in toe swelling. Finally, one may encounter tennis toe if a blow is faced on the toe. Irrespective of the cause, the blood clots inside the nail resulting in swelling and pain. Too much damage might result in falling off of the toenail altogether.
1. If the tennis toe is minor, the injury resolves all by itself
2. The toenail should be clipped together to ensure that it does not result in any friction with the shoe.
3. During the injury, it is advised that a person wears bigger size shoes with wider toe space so that it does not result in any further irritation.
4. If the toenail is torn, make sure to tap it up so that adequate protection is there from outside forces.
5. In case the injury is serious a doctor might have to intervene and drain the blood with a surgical instrument.
6. Another medical solution is to remove the toenail surgically, drain the blood and tape it up for a good one week until new nail formation takes place.
1. Running shoes should be at least half a size bigger than the normal size.
2. Toenails should be regularly trimmed in order to avoid any injury.
3. If a person has a tendency of sweating too much, it makes sense to wear a pair of socks at all times.
4. While running, shoe laces should be tightened to avoid sudden friction between the toe and the shoe resulting into tennis toe.
I am 32 y old .i am getting throat pain and dry cough since last 15 days. Taken clavam625 1-0-1 8 tablet with cough syp but nt getting relief. Pain in the night more and not able to index food. I try Hexdine for mouth wash nt getting benefited. Kindly advice medicine or course of treatment.
Can't control on my senses I feel like I want to do sex every time Is that a diseases or the sign of adulthood.
Hi I am having too much coughing from last 1 week and reason of that my right part of back is paining a little my age is 18 and I used to smoke but from 2 days I have stopped smoking. Please guide me.
I am 34 years male. I am suffering from urinary bladder pain from last 4 months. My bladder is squeezing and pain. I am going to urin 10 times per day due to pain I am taking plenty of water. abdominal scanning is normal report. Blood reports are normal (All). I used meftal spas, Cystopen, dicklofine. It is only temporary relief only. Urinary examine details are given below: Colour: Yellow, Appearance: slightly turbid, Reaction: Acidic, Albumin: Nil, Glucose: nil, Pus cells 6-8 /Hpf, Epithelial cells: 2 to 3/Hpf, RBC: nil, Casts: nil, Crystals: Nil, Others: Nil. Please give your advice why I am getting pain. Last year also I faced same problem for a month only. Now I am suffering pain at blade from 4 months please give advice. Is urine reports are normal? Regards, sudhakar. K.
I am getting head ache too much while I'm studying. My age is 24 years old and 73 kg weight, now a days I'm getting lot of pimples on my face. May I know what are the food should I eat to reduce this problem and what kind of food should be avoided.
1) Helps diabetics by slowing sugar release into the bloodstream.
2) Boosts metabolism and increases energy because it is more likely to be burned as fuel than stored as body fat.
3) Helps treat malnutrition because it is easy to digest and absorb.
4) Kills disease-causing bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses because of the antimicrobial effects of its fatty acids.
5) Prevents strokes and brain disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6) Prevent tooth decay - coconut oil fights bacteria responsible for tooth decay and could be a healthy, non-chemical additive in toothpaste and mouthwash.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.