Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
The humble, easily available banana is not as humble when it comes to its contribution to your health. And once you learn how much good it can do to your body, you will be compelled to add it to your daily diet. This god of a fruit protects you from innumerable diseases, keeps your hair, heart and head well as well as fights chronic diseases - and the list has just begun.
Here are just 15 reasons for you to have a banana every day -
1) This fruit is high in potassium and low in salt, it is your protective shield against blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
2) Iron rich banana is extremely good for anemic people.
3) The calcium-rich bananas are excellent for your bones and help in increasing bone density.
4) For people who exercise, bananas are an energy booster and sustain your blood sugar as well as protect against muscle cramps post workouts or leg cramps.
5) Bananas help beat depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin: the feel-good brain neurotransmitter.
6) It also enhances your moods and relieves PMS symptoms as well as stress levels in body and mind.
7) Due to high levels of vitamin B-6, bananas produce white blood cells and help in building immunity as well as strengthen nervous systems.
8) Weightloss - If you swap your junk foods with bananas, you might be inching towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be become more steady and consistent.
9) Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
10) Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
11) Extremely caring about your stomach, Banana not only soothes your digestive tract to restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea, it also helps in relieving constipation due to ts high fibre content.
12) Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
13) Fever too? A banana can bring down your body temperature to cool your temperature off.
14) Bananas make you smarter! It makes you very alert. The high levels of potassium help your memory as well. Think about it before an exam.
15) Smoke? High levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium in the fruit, help in speedy recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
Related Tip: Are Bananas Really Your Ticket to Weight Loss?
I have black spots on My face as well as pimples on my back l used scar removal cream for 4months but didn't see any changes. What should l do?
I have got skin rashes with itching in my inner thighs. The consistent itching has caused the rashes to grow wider.
I have pimples on face and shoulders since two years. So give me sone precautions and what soap should I use.
i am aged 60 male. My both knees are always itching and scaling. Everyday i am applying coconut oil but it is uncontrollable. can u please suggest a remedy please.If i scratch the legs a white line is coming.
Hai Mam/Sir Am Nandy. Am 23 years old. My skin is so oily. After washing the face, soon it becomes oily. My face seems to be so dull and oily. Also It seems to be so ageing. Shall I use any moisturizing creams or any other creams tat can control oil? Please suggest Me good product which can reduce oil. Thank you Sir/Mam Regards Nandy.
I am losing my hair quickly and have tried all type of medicines but getting nothing from them yet. So please help me to solve my problem.
I have etching problem on body mainly below naval & knees. Before some times I have suffering from etching & DINAYE. I had taken TERBINAFINE & LIVOCITRIZINE medicine & dinaye is almost cure but etching not cure. My skin is mostly rough. So please give me advice for medicine & best soap for me Thank you.
I have cough all the year and also have skin allergies like eczema with in 2-3 months. Is there any solution for both the problems?
Hi doctor I have hair falling problems only on top of my head and little bit on sides. Can you tell me the reason for this cause.
Physical exercise is one of the tried and tested ways to have a glowing skin such as running jogging or yoga sweat it out at least five times a week. Sweat removes harmful toxins from the body. Exercise not only flushes out toxins but also produces natural oils that helps skin to look supple and young