Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AyeshaYour feedback matters!
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar.
However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow:
- A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
- Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
- Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
- Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
- Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Hello I have cholesterol problem. I go to gym. I am taking normal diet. So I am thinking to buy protein power. I used to take protein power before but very less. Now my question is I got cholesterol problem. So should I buy protein powder. If yes any suggestions of protein powder. My age is 31. Report of cholesterol Test Lipid profile Normal value Triglycerides. 232. Mg/dl. 36-160 Cholesterol 216 150 - 250 Hdl cholesterol 51.0 Male 35- 55 VLDL CHOLESTEROL 46.4. Upto 50 LDL cholesterol 118.6 Upto 150 Tc HDLC RATIO 4.24. Upto 5.0 LDLC HDLC RATIO 2.33. 2.5 - 3.5.
I have often headache, after that i am not able to have anything. if I have anything then I will get vomiting. Please help me.
I have dandruff on my heads .suggest me how to remove permanently. Because it itching very badly I can't stay. Do not suggest me tablet.
From yesterday I have filled cold. Cold also coming out through my nose and some low fever also there in my body. What should I do? Please suggest me.
My friend have headache problem. When he wake up from bed from that time only headache starts. Neck muscles pain also there. He is a ca student & he studies daily 15 hrs. Pls tell me the suggestion for him.
What to do control high BP as my BP is 129/100 and my age is 27 years my height is 175 Cm. And weight is 89 Kg Please suggest me weather any thing is there to worry. Please help. Thank you.
I have never problem While sleeping my legs automatically vibrates. What is my problem actually? What is the solution? Help me.
Having dandruff, have tried all type of shampoo and oils available in market. Even shaved my hair still dandruff coming again.
Respected sir, My skin type: combination of oily and dry skin (50% oily and 50% dry) Age: 20 year Please suggest me best cream for totally removal of acne and some minor blackheads from my skin within possible short period of time. Suggest me a cream name which gives best result for removal of acne. I will wait your reply.
A mole or nevus is a dark, raised spot on our skin comprised of skin cells that have grown in a group rather than individually. These cells are called melanocytes and are responsible for producing melanin, the pigment (color) in our skin.
Moles can form from sun exposure, but we are also born with them, inheriting them genetically. Although number of moles varies from person to person, fair skinned people generally have more moles due to lower amounts of melanin in their skin, and the average adult has between 10 and 40 moles. Moles can even come and go with hormonal changes such as pregnancy or puberty.
Most people develop more moles on their skin naturally with age and sun exposure, and — most of the time — these moles are harmless. However, we need to conduct skin checks regularly (recommended monthly, especially if you have a relative with skin cancer, or at least every three months) to see if our moles have changed.