Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash R
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash RYour feedback matters!
Hey. My delivery date is 10 sep. But today I feel pain in my lower abdomen n in thigh. But I have no yellowish water in vagina. Its white n in little amount. I feel pain alternatively after every 15 min. It is the sign of labour pain. Please tell me symptom of labour pain.
The lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood is termed as Anemia. You may also be diagnosed as anemic is your red blood cells do not have a high enough hemoglobin count. Since hemoglobin is responsible for the amount of oxygen in our blood, being anemic results in a decreased flow of oxygen in the blood.
There are 5 different types of anemia. These are:
- Iron deficiency anemia: When the iron levels of the blood are lower than normal.
- Sickle cell anemia: When the red blood cells are shaped like a 'sickle' and hence more fragile. This is an inherited condition.
- Thalassemia: When the body does not produce enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. This is also an inherited condition.
- Megaloblastic anemia: When the blood does not have enough vitamin B12 and hence cannot transport hemoglobin through the body.
- Hemolytic anemia: When the red blood cells are rapidly removed from the blood due to an infection, medication or disease.
Lack of oxygen can have a serious effect on the organs of the body. Hence the symptoms of anemia are also the effects of the disease.
Some of these are:
- Lack of energy
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Reduced attention span
- Numbness of the hands and feet.
Anemia can also lead to a number of major health problems such as:
- Heart disease: Anemia is directly linked to heart disease. When the blood carries less oxygen, the heart needs to work harder to pump it to the rest of the body. Thus, people who are anemic are at a higher risk of having a heart attack than a non anemic person. Anemia can also lead to arrhythmia or a condition where the person suffers from an irregular heartbeat.
- Pregnancy complications: One of the first and most vital supplements prescribed to a pregnant woman is iron. Iron is essential not only for a healthy baby, but also for your own body. Anemia caused by a lack of iron can result in premature birth and a number of other complications at the time of pregnancy.
- Increased risk of infections: Lack of oxygen in the blood can affect your immune system by lowering its ability to fight infections. This makes the body vulnerable to diseases.
- Cognitive damage: Anemia in children can result in a greatly reduced attention span and weaken their memory. Sometimes, even when treated, this can result in permanent scarring and reduced IQ levels.
Fighting anemia is not hard. Consult your doctor instantly if you recognize any of its symptoms and start eating food rich in iron to fight this disease.