Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul khanYour feedback matters!
Hello doc I am facing a kind of burning sensation on my left hand neck and back, also I feel restless. There is feel of tickling and numbness in my left hand and fingers, it happens once or twice a week. I get gastric issue too when ever this happens.
Iam 57years old 2weeks back my knee started paining I got the x ray. I went to the family known bone setter. After seeing the xray. He told I have pblm of cartilage due to this getting pain. He changed 3 bandages alternative days and gave capsules 2 m n 2 night for one month. The outer pain has gone. But after sitting I stand or walk I feel pain inside. Please help me. It is already 10 days iam atbhome. I cannot effort sitting at home so long. Please advice n help me.
I am the age of 19years old then my height is of 5.2 then I want to grow height upto 6.0 then what should do and how.
My mother is suffering from diabetes last 5 years. Diabetes are out of control. Please suggest a better treatment.
Dear Doctor, This is Hariprasad, aged 50 Yrs. Old. I am frequently getting stomach ache/ disturbances. If I am absent for light solid food i.e. Idle/chapathi/ sorghum in the evenings, somehow better but getting weakness in the next day morning. If I have taken little quantity of fruits also getting weak in the morning. If I haven taken little solid foot it is very much difficult to digest. Due to this I confused. Hence, I request you to please suggest me what time table I have to follow? With Regards, O.Hariprasad.
I have ACL tear 2 year back that time I go for physio bt now I hear a lot about the cases of TKR with past history of ACL injury nd from someday I too have mild pain in my knee. I want to go for arthroscopy now please tell me that at this stage it will be effective and how much success of dis surgery?
In general, physical activity is better for preventing weight gain than it is for promoting weight loss, and it appears this also applies to yoga.
Most types of yoga don't have the same level of calorie-burning power as aerobic exercise does. Consider that a person who weighs 150 pounds (68 kilograms) will burn 240 calories in an hour of doing regular yoga, compared with 360 calories for an hour of aerobics.
But any physical activity is good activity. Yoga will get you moving, after all, and it can provide health benefits such as improved blood lipid levels and enhanced mood.
Regular physical activity should be part of any weight-loss plan. To lose weight, you want to reduce the calories you take in and increase the calories you burn. If you want to do yoga, the smart play is to include it in an exercise plan that includes aerobic activities, such as biking, jogging or swimming.
My daughter 13 Years problem in both knee bend like genuvalgum last 3 Years progressive. Please help
I am so thin and when I am back from my office I feel fully tired while there is no hard work that I have done.
I'm 19 years old, i am weighed around 45 kg for past 2-3yrs there is no change in my weight so please tell me how to increase my weight with in 3-4 months. You can recommend me to take anything that helps me to gain weight.
I am 20 years old. During exams I get really stressed out and I get dark circles under my eyes which are really difficult to revert back. What should I do to get rid of them for now and never get them back in future.
Sir how to maintain swelling muscles for full day as just after workout and not to shrink. Pls suggest food, tips etc.
Periods on 07-02-16. Last 2 days fully tiredness, if I eat tasteless, omit sensation. Backache like periods. I do not know what is it. Kindly tell me I want to consult doctor today. Kindly inform me at the earliest.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though, the constant change in lifestyle has altered the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential.
Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern. While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce fatigue that sleeplessness brings in.
The following is a list of foods along with their most significant benefits:
- Cherries: Cherries contain Melatonin which controls our biological clock and is often used to combat jetlag. Melatonin improves duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with Potassium and Magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning and are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes: Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and provide a good night's sleep.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation and are an excellent choice of snack for lack of sleep. Blueberries balance the level of blood sugar and stabilize the hormone of satiety, Leptin, thus, inducing better sleep.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk induces sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that Tryptophan and Serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products such as cheese can improve your sleep.
- Fish: Salmon, Sardines, and Tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. All these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
- Nuts: Be it walnuts, pecans or cashews, all nuts have a soothing effect. They are a rich source of Tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. They release Melatonin and Serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
- Herbal tea: For instance, Chamomile tea and Valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered as a god sleep inducing agent.