Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asim
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. AsimYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 41 yrs old female suffering from severe backache since last 10 days. It increases with the movement. I mean if I am on bed rest it's lil better but if I walk or sit at some place it aggravates. Kindly advise what it could be. Thanks.
When children suffer from Type 1 diabetes, it means that their pancreas does not produce enough insulin. To stay alive, these children should depend on the external supply of insulin. These children suffering from diabetes go through a devastating experience and in fact, this is a trauma for the caregivers too. There are lots of dietary and lifestyle changes that need to be followed. When children experience symptoms such as extreme thirst, weight loss, fatigue, blurred vision, irritability, and fungal infections, immediately taking them to the doctor is important. These symptoms may indicate type 1 diabetes. To diagnose diabetes, a range of tests are available. When children are affected by diabetes, continuous monitoring is required.
Tests: The doctor recommends various tests at frequent intervals to check if the different organs function properly. Diabetes in children can damage vital organs, and the tests conducted by the doctors indicate the rate or extent of damage if present. Cholesterol, liver function, growth, regular eye tests, blood pressure, kidney test, and thyroid tests are the common tests that are frequently done.
Insulin: External supply of insulin is something that keeps these children going. Many types of insulin are available. The insulin is prescribed based on the onset of the disease and the duration of the action. The dosage, combination, and type of insulin are recommended by the doctor. When Type 1 diabetes is not treated, there are lots of long-term complications like nerve damage, kidney damage, eye damage, heart and blood vessel disease, and skin infections that keep coming.
Cause: The cause of diabetes in children is not known. In a few people, type 1 diabetes is because of the immune system. The immune system considers the insulin-producing cells as foreign bodies and destroys it. The result is that the body does not get enough insulin, and the glucose levels are higher in the bloodstream. This leads to the life-threatening complications.
Risk factor: There are multiple risk factors for diabetes in children. If any of the parents or siblings suffer from type 1 diabetes, the risk among the child is higher. Increased risk for diabetes in children is also seen when there is genetic susceptibility. This disease is also common in the non-Hispanic children in the US. Exposure to certain viruses results in autoimmune disease that leads to pediatric diabetes. Early intake of cow’s milk is linked to childhood diabetes.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for childhood diabetes. The children are tested for antibodies. The presence of these, however, does not confirm the presence of childhood diabetes. There is no way to prevent the antibodies present in the body. It is essential to make the child feel comfortable. The caregivers should boost their morale, and help them stick to the diet chart and activity regime. Their needs can be specific and complicated. It is mandatory to stick to the appointment schedule. The children cannot afford to miss the appointments. Insulin therapy happens all through the life of these children. Options to take insulin are convenient these days with the insulin pen and insulin pumps. In teenage girls and girls who are hitting puberty, hormones may demand changes in insulin requirements. Consult a doctor and get to know what to expect at specific instances. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pimples on my face all the time. What should I do to remove them. Please suggest me something for that.
My eyebrows are thinning very badly, in fact it's almost gone. I'm 45 years old and have no diseases. I weigh 70 KGS.what to do
Antioxidants: What are they?
Antioxidants are free radical scavengers known to enhance our immunity. We know that fruits and vegetables with vibrant colors are great sources of antioxidants. Many times we wish that foods that taste delicious were as healthy as these fruits and veggies. Here is something to cheer you up. The foods listed below are not only tasty but also rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their sources:
- Eggs: Egg yolk contains an antioxidants called “lutein”. Lutein is known to prevent muscular degeneration and cataracts. Though the lutein content in yolk is lesser than the lutein content of the green leafy veggies, but according to some studies the lutein from yolk is more effectively absorbed due to the fat content of the yolk.
- Tinned beans: Tinned beans contains phytochemicals. Phytochemicals repair damaged dna and also neutralize free radicals. Small red beans, dark kidney beans and black beans are rich in antioxidants. You can now enjoy your baked beans with a touch of health.
- Whole grain pasta/noodles: These whole grain dishes contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are strong anti-cancerous elements. Whole grain pasta and noodles contain 3 to 4 times more antioxidants than the regular ones. In combination to antioxidants these foods also contain good amount of fiber that help in regulating cholesterol levels.
- Yogurt: There is an additional health benefit to this yummy delight. Although it does not directly contain any antioxidants, it does contain riboflavin which enhances or promotes the activity of antioxidants glutathione. Riboflavin being a water soluble vitamin b, it easily flushes out of the body. You need to consume yogurt on a daily basis to be benefited.
- Organic milk: Organic milk is the milk obtained from cows that feed on organic food. The antioxidant value of this milk is 40 to 50 times greater than the cows raised in a conventional manner. Antioxidants like vitamin e, lutein and beta carotene are present in it. Organic cheese and butter are other options you may choose.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is not only a fast and favorite snack, but it also is good in its fiber and antioxidant content. A study carried out by the university of scranton revealed that the whole grain snack foods such as popcorn have surprisingly high levels of polyphenols which have anti-cancerous properties.
- Natural sweeteners: Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar contain good amount of anti oxidants. Darker the color of honey, greater is its antioxidant content. The non-commercial varieties of honey contain poly phenol. Adding these natural sweeteners in your dessert instead of table sugar does have some added benefit.
- Canola oil: Canola oil contains alpha-tocopherol. Alpha-tocopherol prevents the oxidation of bad cholesterol (ldl), preventing the release of free radicals. No wonder canola oil is considered to be heart-healthy oil.