Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Shankar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My baby boy on 13th completed his 3 month. Last week he suffered from serious issue, in his poo I saw blood so I consulted with my paediatric Dr. he said it's fresh blood and it's because of infection, and he gave him Taxim-O-O syrup for 5 days. But still issue is remain as it is. But blood may comes in every poo it comes in mostly morning poo. 1 or 2 times. Along with that he also have congenital heart disease it's because of that. He is on medication like calcium syrup and tonoferon. It's because of this medication. Is this a serious issue what can I do for this pls help me Dr. His weight is 4.24 n it's low so Dr. gave him simyl MCT OIL.
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
Hi doctor. My baby is 7 days old. After delivery weight is 2.550 kg.how to increase the baby weight. Am really feel about this sir/mam. Please suggest food to increase strength of my breast feed having more breast milk.
My baby is 1 year 9 month old . But he not speak clearly ' he is looking healthy . Understand everything but when I told him ' he didn't respond . He smile crying walk other activity normal.please help
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My baby girl is 2. 5 yrs old. Is this the right time to send her to dance or drawing class or any other? as, its is said, every child is special, I want her to find out, what talent she carries. How can I provide my assistance on it?
My daughter is 4.5 years old she has not passed stool since 12 days she is on homeopathic medicine what should I do she is very fussy in eating wants only plain white rice no dal n no vegetables only chicken or egg.
Hello. Mere baby boy ku 1 month se cough problm hai Doctr koforest & senerest b use kiya my ne Doctr ne hi Diya thai ab my kounsi drop use karo jis se cough door hojae my baby age 5 months runig doctor. Sporidox drop b use kya but cough vaisa hi hai.
I gave birth to a boy on the 24 week1day of pregnancy. 760grms weight. Now in ICU. Have any problem in future?
Hi sir. I have a 6 months baby girl. I have done all the types of vaccination which is mentioned in child doctors file. But I have an doubt that the vaccine of phnemonia is necessary to give to child or not in indian whether ?
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My son is 8 yr old and was admitted in Fortis hospital for typhoid and recovered but after 10 days he had stomach ache and vomiting and diagnosed as viral and given Ondem and Meftal- spas SOS but had temporary relief frequently complaining the same first weak of July he start going to school again had vomiting, loose motion and stomachache and white smelly stool does not want to eat anything become very weak and irritable and also had salivation while sleeping. Please advice.
My friend have some kind of problem every month which pains her back alot. She says every girl face this problem every month and there is no medicine for this problem. Whenever I ask her about this problem she never tells me and I really want to help her. Can you please tell me what is this monthly problem so I can help her?
Sir mere ladke ki umr 25 Day apni ma ka milk nhi leta vo use nind jyada krta hai our jibha bhar rheti hai please help.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.
When you hold your new born in your arms for the first time, you will count him or her as the greatest blessing of your life. This is also the time when you are burdened with the responsibilities of another human. The sleep patterns in new-borns are erratic and you will never see them follow any pattern as such. They sleep off just about any time of the day and you will not see any pattern until about your angel is about 6 to 7 weeks old. After that age, they get quite adaptable and you will be able to get him or her adapted to certain patterns. This will make things very easy for you and your partner.
So why won’t your baby sleep?
1. Your baby is too excited to fall asleep
Babies are a powerhouse of energy. Activities like tossing him in the air or giving him an exciting bath full of fun and frolic will probably do the opposite of winding him down. It will make him more excited and he will not want to go to bed thinking he would miss out on the other fun activities that are in store for him.
Solution: Replace the fun tickles with other activities like comforting massages or story time and lullabies. Dim the lights, cosy up the room. Make it a routine and you will find your baby easing into a deep slumber in no time.
2. Your baby is too sensitive to the external or internal environment
Every baby is not a sound sleeper. Some babies may jolt awake with just a simple nod, others may dose off amidst noise and screams as well. If your baby is of the first kind, then you may face a bunch of troubles to keep your baby calm and cosy. You may bother your baby’s sleep if your phone starts to ring around her or by the constant honking of cars outside.
Solution: Keep her surroundings as warm and comfortable as possible. Keep her in a room that is away from the bustling noise of the cars, if possible or sound proof her room. Start by dimming the lights and getting her comfortable clothes that will keep her free when she is sleeping. Keep her sheets and pillows clean and ensure they do not remain wet.
3. Your baby snacks in the middle of the night
As it was mentioned before, babies have erratic schedules. They can get hungry or cranky just about any time of the day. Mid-night snacking is probably numero uno reason as to why your baby will not fall asleep at night. If you feed your baby to sleep every time, he or she might associate it with nursing.
Solution: It is okay to train your baby to comfort itself in the middle of the night. Whenever it may think it is hungry, he or she will cry and expect you to nurse him to sleep. Put him in the nursery when he is relatively sleepy to allow him to fall asleep all by himself. You may stand by till he does, but do not swaddle him. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.