Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini S G
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini S GYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. Mujhe pregnency ni ho rahi please tell me some medicine jis se mujhe pregnency ho jaye.
The inability to conceive for a prolonged duration after trying to do so is usually termed as infertility. This is usually diagnosed when a couple is unable to conceive even after trying regularly, without any kind of contraceptives. There may be many causes and factors for this and it may occur in either or both partners. So, you all need to know the causes and treatment of infertility.
- Age: Age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
- Disorders in ovulation in females: Ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
- Male factor causing Infertility: In many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
- Endometrial polyps: In such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
Hi I'm married and my wife have very small vaginal opening which we are facing problems to insert since 1 year please help us doctor.
I am planning for an iui treatment. I have been given clomiphene from day 2-day 6 Is it safe? What is the other option fr getting pregnant with erection problems. Sperm count and other factors all normal.
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.