Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My daughter is one year old, when she born her weight is 3.2kg. Nw her weight is 8kg. Is it a normal weight? She do all activities bt looking like little thin. Can you tell me her weight is ok with her age now?
My daughter is 1 year 4 month old and she is suffering with chicken pox but the concern is she was already suffering with cold and cough. Which is still there. Is there any problem or what should we do at this point of time?
My 2 years daughter has loose motion from today. Pls provide me some home remedies for her. As she is not taken any medicine. Thanks.
Dear, sir/ Madam My son age 4.10 months got fever ,diarrhea, n vomiting from yesterday evening 4.30 pm.n now his stools looking like watery green. He had a prescribed by Apollo ems ,Emeset susp, econorm susp, crocin ds susp.(Vomit 8 times, fever ups n downs, watery stools 15 times from yesterday) Kindly suggest me some medicines for quick relief. Thank u.
I have a 8 months old son having fever I gave him crocin ds he weights arounglf 7.8 and I gave him crocin drops 9 to 10 drops please guide me.
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.
Did you know that 29.1 million people living in the united states have diabetes? that's 9.3% of the population. Approximately 1.7 million new cases are diagnosed each year and 8.1 million people living with diabetes don't even know they have it.
Diabetes affects your body's ability to process sugar. All food you eat is turned to sugar and used for energy. In type I diabetes, the body doesn't make enough insulin, a hormone that carries sugar from your blood to the cells that need it for energy. In type ii diabetes, the body stops responding to insulin. Both cases result in high blood sugar levels, which can cause problems with your eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and other parts of your body.
So what does this have to do with that smile of yours and how can you protect it? first, it's important to understand the signs of diabetes and the roles they play in your mouth.
The symptoms of untreated diabetes
The warning signs of diabetes affect every part of your body. After a blood test, you may be told by a doctor that you have high blood sugar. You may feel excessively thirsty or have to urinate a lot. Weight loss and fatigue are other common symptoms. Diabetes can also cause you to lose consciousness if your blood sugar falls too low.
If diabetes is left untreated, it can take a toll on your mouth as well. Here's how:
You may have less saliva, causing your mouth to feel dry. (dry mouth is also caused by certain medications.)
Because saliva protects your teeth, you're also at a higher risk of cavities.
Gums may become inflamed and bleed often (gingivitis).
You may have problems tasting food.
You may experience delayed wound healing.
You may be susceptible to infections inside of your mouth.
For children with diabetes, teeth may erupt at an age earlier than is typical.
Why people with diabetes are more prone to gum disease
All people have more tiny bacteria living in their mouth now than there are people on this planet. If they make their home in your gums, you can end up with periodontal disease. This chronic, inflammatory disease can destroy your gums, all the tissues holding your teeth and even your bones.
Periodontal disease is the most common dental disease affecting those living with diabetes, affecting nearly 22% of those diagnosed. Especially with increasing age, poor blood sugar control increases the risk for gum problems. In fact, people with diabetes are at a higher risk for gum problems because of poor blood sugar control. As with all infections, serious gum disease may cause blood sugar to rise. This makes diabetes harder to control because you are more susceptible to infections and are less able to fight the bacteria invading the gums.
How your dentist can help you fight diabetes
Regular dental visits are important. Research suggests that treating gum disease can help improve blood sugar control in patients living with diabetes, decreasing the progression of the disease. Practicing good oral hygiene and having professional deep cleanings done by your dentist can help to lower your hba1c. (this is a lab test that shows your average level of blood sugar over the previous three months. It indicates how well you are controlling your diabetes.)
Your diabetes dental health action plan
Teamwork involving self-care and professional care from your dentist will be beneficial in keeping your healthy smile as well as potentially slowing progression of diabetes. Here are five oral health-related things you can do to for optimal wellness:
Control your blood sugar levels. Use your diabetes-related medications as directed, changing to a healthier diet and even exercising more can help. Good blood sugar control will also help your body fight any bacterial or fungal infections in your mouth and help relieve dry mouth caused by diabetes.
If you wear any type of denture, clean it each day.
Make sure to brush twice a day with a soft brush and floss correctly daily.
See your dentist for regular checkup.
My 6 month old baby is having slightly dry skin. Which soap or body wash and shampoo to use. We are from tamilnadu. Please help.
My children 6, 4 years old girl and boy they aren't eating properly not interesting to eat food, fruits. What can we do?
I want to know related to child growth and if growth is stunted at the age of fifteen. whom should I consult?
People who are at high risk of tooth decay due to high sugar and starch diets; receding gums, poor oral hygiene, orthodontic treatment etc. Can use sodium fluoride anti cavity toothpaste under the dentist's guidance.
These products like tooth mousse or cream is a break through in anti cavity therapy, which helps strengthen teeth to protect them from decay and also contains mild abrasive that removes stains.
Dr. Puja bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://www.prudentdentalclinic.com