Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
Your child needs complete care whether it is emotional, psychological or physical. A thorough evaluation of your child’s body and mind is vital at nascent stages. Especially if you observed any complaints by your little one that may require medical help, such as:
1. Frequent headaches
Much like adults, children too can experience headaches that last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A range of primary or secondary headaches like, migraine, meningitis, sinusitis or tension may affect children due to neurological issues.
2. Blurry vision
If you observe either a vision developmental delay or near-sightedness and farsightedness in your child, it might be related to neurological issues.
3. Slurred Speech
If your child is 7-8 months and is not responding to sounds or cannot babble non-sense words, it calls for a neurological check-up.
4. Motor and Co-ordination Delay
Sometimes babies are unable to perform motor skill activities like crawling, walking or using fingers to grip or hold, such delay requires attention of the parent.
Check if your kid has become lazy and decreased his physical activities due to fatigue and tiredness suddenly of late.
6. Abnormal Movements
Common involuntary movements or tics like eye blinking, twitching of nose, grimacing or making sounds is in some cases overlooked. Tourette syndrome is an example of such a tic, which has been evaluated as a neurological issue.
7. Tremors or Seizures
Children are prone to febrile seizures (fits) or tremors along with fever that occur between 6 months and 5 years. These are signs of neurological issues that require an immediate check-up.
8. Numbness in Limbs
Neurological complications in your child’s infancy may also cause joint pain and numbness of arms and legs.
9. Behavioural disorders
A change in behaviour or attitude in your child is noticed if he/she is suffering from attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, school problems, sleep issues, intellectual disability or other neural conditions.
This symptom is tricky in children, as it may be confused with general tiredness by your human eye. It may be unheard of but many children face trouble in performing easy tasks. A neurological exam may identify the source for treatments.
An underlying problem to the nervous system can cause harm or impairment in the normal growth and development of your kid. Early diagnosis helps in correct care, recovery and prevention of long-term problems. You can opt for a routine neurological examination if you find such symptoms in your child. These exams check the functioning of your child’s brain, spinal cord, nerves that come from the brain and spinal cord and offers accurate diagnosis.
Get your child the best treatment and care to rule out neurological issues!
My 14 year old daughter an epilepsy patient taking levipil 250 fir the last nine months twice a day after taking MRI & EEG. Now she feels shivering her legs also. Previously early morning she has seizures. After taking the tablets she has no seizures. But one day in the night she forget to take the medicine and on the next day early morning seizures again came. Please advice.
I am having a 3 years old daughter, who was recently admitted to Hospital due to Nonobstructive refluxassociated chronic pyelonephritis. The doctors have given medicine and regular check up at intervals are being carried out also. But, even after so much of medication, we are unable to remove the constipation. Any suggestions on this issue as to how to resolve the problem.
Hi, I am mom with 15 days boy. I didn't have lactation so doctor suggested me to take lactare capsules 2-2-2. As long as I need. Is it safe to take it for long term. Because if I stop taking I am not getting lactation. Please suggest me any others tips or ideas for increasing my supply. I want breast feed my baby. Even I am using capsules night times I am using formula for him. Please suggest any idea I want to feed my baby completely without formula.
Hi m having a 2 month baby. Since birth day my baby is having a white molluscum on his left chin. Its almost 2 month over but it is not going off. As I got infected a year before with this molluscum which was there during I was pregnant. please tell me is my baby infected through it in womb itself? How to get baby rid of it? please help.
Yesterday at 3 pm My son who is 7.5 years old while playing fell down. He didn't vomit or fell unconscious but complained that his head is paining. He slept around 3.30 pm and got up at 5.30 pm he was fine. Suddenly at night he complained again for headache. And now 6 am again he got up and complained the headache so I have him combiflam. I want to take him to you, please advise what I should do now?
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.