Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Kumar PasaradYour feedback matters!
I am 56 years old and have high cholestrol and tri-gliceroiid levels which are being controlled by taking atorva t/g tablet once at night daily. I have been taking this medication for last two years. What are it's side effects and whether I can continue it's use regularly? is there any other way to control cholestrol and trigliceroid levels which does not have any side effects. Thanks.
As per my scanning report taken 6 weeks there is no fetal heart rate. Doctor advised to go for abortion. Is it true that heart beat starts before 3 months. My friends heart beat start only after 3 months. I'm confused whether to wait or go for abortion.
Hi three months ago I got high B.P I have taken tablets 20 days after that I have stopped tablets My age is 28 is it ok r not pls tell me.
Hi. My sister suffers from a very strange problem. Her heart beat increases, jaws tighten up, she gets flashes of cold throbbing pain on right side of head and current spark on head and forhead and so many other small small things at one go like an attack. Please suggest. Thanks.
I want to know various side effects of Prolomet AM 50 tablet I am taking for BP since last six years, and how to avoid those effects. Thanks and Regards.
Suddenly I got hypertension in night next-day I went to Dr. And diagnosed myself then fatty lever condition is identified. I take medicine of hypertension for 15 days. After it when I went to Dr. He just told me that you should have to continue your medicine all the life long. What should I do now.
Does eating more than 2 eggs with yoke increase the risk of high cholesterol? Those who do heavy weight training, need more protein, so how many eggs should they have in a day?
I am suffering from head ache from last three months and also have a chest pain. Can you suggest what are the measure taken to cure it.
I am habitual to smoking and m feeling pain in chest and my body also become weak so please give the suggestion to stop smoking.
My bp is high .at age of 23 .its 150/90 approx .cholesterol level is normal hdl is quite below and ldl is high .lft, kft all are normal .what diet should be taken and what further steps without starting the bp tablets.
In2003 may I was a smoker I got a attack and went for angiography.my report was non critical cad lcx50% om 100% lvef45%. Since then I have stopped smoking and taking regular medicines. Now I am taking nebicard2.5 and ecospirin av 75.my last report is tmt -ve8.3 Mets echo n hb 15.1 FBS99 rft n tc 197 hdl 38 ldl 133 th 143 . For how long I have to take medicines. Can I stop it
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
his chest is increasing, His chest size was being like a female and chest pain also.what can be done
I am a 53 years old woman with a history of 26 years of Diabetes. I got myself tested for cholesterol recently and got Triglyceride levels at 146 where as the normal range was between 35 and 135. What shall I do to make them normal as well? Something in the diet or in medication?
I have thyroid problem from 1 year. Almost 1 year back I got pain in my left leg knee and I was unable to sit on ground floor at the same time got pain in my left hand. I used medication 4-5 months but not reduced pain completely. Later on it reduced, but after words I used to get pain in my left hand again even now I am suffering from pain in my left hand. My heart beat is also increased in such a way that I can here it. My BP is varying from some times 130/90 to sometimes 140/100. please give suggestion to which specialist I can consult. And I have headache problem Which starts from my eyes. Once it comes it increases slowly. And I have to use medication compulsory to reduce it.
My body clock is disturbed from last 15 days. Iam not getting proper sleep. My bp is on higher side since then. Insufficient sleep is reason for higher bp?
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30 minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.