Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 1 year baby. She has SCID SEVERE COMMON IMMUNO DEFICIENCY. Now she suffering from intestine abstraction. Can we go for surgery for SCID patients. Any problem. please suggest me.
I have two preterm daughters advice the age till which they will need exclusive breast feeding.Please tell.
My relatives son is 14 years old. Whenever he eats any spicy food or salty food or washes his face with soap he gets a reddish rash under the lower lip and it gets very difficult for him neither to eat or speak. He constantly complains of severe pain and had tried some antiseptic creams like borolin. The pain and the reddish rash are not subsiding. I am afraid that is some bacterial infection. Please tell me what the problem is and by using which creams he can combat this infection.
Hi, I have one daughter of 10 months old. She is suffering from heart disease congenital acynotic. Please guide me if this disease is curable.
My baby of 5 months poops slightly green watery sometimes. . Is it normal ? Or it indicates any problem?
My 10 month old baby girl skin is becoming so dry and is scaly at some places. Her cheeks are becoming red. Please suggest some natural remedy or any moisturizer or lotion to make her better.
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
Hello. My daughter is 4 month old she is suffering from loose motion can you please advice your thoughts please
1) my baby sleeps fast while drinking milk, she is one month old, m not sure if I have enough milk or if she is tried sucking and than sleeps. I am giving her lactogen as top up 2) also I wanted to know if lactogen is good as top up or mum mum.
My son 1.5 yrs having fever twice or thrice in a day. Almost 2 week. Due to fever gems occur in neck. Please help me.
My daughter 11 yrs old has a disorientation of teeth/ jaw wereby she is not able to close her mouth properly. She often sleeps with mouth open. Her new teeth are big compared to the milk teeth 2-4 left to fall. Showed a dentist. He suggested to wait till all milk teeth fall. Any remedy available now as she finds it difficult.
My 4.5 yrs old daughter do urine in wc but she need diaper to do poop. As she feels unsafe or painful to do that without it. Standing in diaper she feels safe to poop. If diaper removed then she stops doing & stool becomes hard and she get constipated. please help to make my kid to do that normally. Thanks.
My baby is 17 months old his diet is also ok as per the dietitian but still he is too thin his wright is 10 kg600gm. Is there any medicine dat can make him little bit fatty.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.