Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AshwiniYour feedback matters!
Sir my teeth have pain during 10 to 15 days and it is also problem in eating foods so I m request I to please answer my question in next 24 hours.
Cavities are more common among children, but changes that occur with aging make cavities an adult problem, too. Recession of the gums away from the teeth, combined with an increased incidence of gum disease, can expose tooth roots to plaque. Tooth roots are covered with cementum, a softer tissue than enamel. They are susceptible to decay and are more sensitive to touch and to hot and cold. It’s common for people over age 50 to have tooth-root decay.
Decay around the edges, or a margin, of fillings is also common for older adults. Because many older adults lacked benefits of fluoride and modern preventive dental care when they were growing up, they often have a number of dental fillings. Over the years, these fillings may weaken and tend to fracture and leak around the edges. Bacteria accumulate in these tiny crevices causing acid to build up which leads to decay.
You can help prevent tooth decay by following these tips:
Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaner.
Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (where decay often starts) to protect them from decay.
Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examination.
I have sensitivity problem from last 9months. When I eat sweets like cake, bakery cold items, coke, & etc suddenly my teeth gets pain. Dont know why its happen. Can you please tell me is there any solution to cure this problem?
I hurt my gums with the match stick while I was trying to remove plaque. But now it swelled up and I feel pain in gums. Should I consult some doctor or dentist?
I'm 22 years old and I am suffering from pyria since 8 months. So please suggest me some medicine to reduce it. Also you contact me.
I have problem with my teeth. My teeth are open bite. To fix this problem my doctor recommend me braces. But for that I have to remove my 4 teeth. I want to ask, removing teeth is good or bad? Will it affect my future health?
I am on dieting due to gym. Suffering from constipation As result in ulcer in my oral cavity. What should i do?
They are particularly useful for people with limited movement, such as disabled or elderly people, who often find that using a manual toothbrush does not allow them to clean thoroughly.
Hello Dentists, For past one week, there is bleeding when I brush, Actually my lower right side last teeth is half grown, and my gums are torn a little to make room for growing, Thinking am brushing on that gum harsh and it bleeds. It may be the reason or any other problem ?
Sir/Madam from last 1 week there is pain in my tongue. There have been many pores and cuts in the tongue? What tablet or medicine shall I take?
I have some dark black spots in my teeth as I am a smoker. So I wanted to know that how to remove these dark spots?
Harmful effect of drinking water in plastic bottles is understood as well explained in an encouraging manner. In present life style, it has become a part and parcel, as we use, for example, tooth paste. But what is the alternative? That suggestion is not given. It will be highly appreciated, if right suggestion to alternative use of plastic bottles is well explained. D. Banerjee Pune (Maharashtra) Email: dlpbanerjee1950@gmail. Com.
I had a very good set of teeth earlier. But for few years I am smoking and chewing pan masala. Now it develop stains. I feel frustrated now a day because of this. What should I do to clean my teeth. Should I get them washed..
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.