Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini C PYour feedback matters!
Hi What is the dental standard for defense? in my case orthodontics treatment is going on, so 4 teeth already extracted ( premolar ). And two wisdom teeth having root canal treatment. I have heard 14 dental points. Am I still eligible?
Hi, I am have bleeding in my gums while I brush, eat. Even I have done cleaning of teeth, still it bleeds daily, since last 6-8 month. Kindly suggest me what should I do?
Is it safe to take B-Complex capsule in case of having mouth ulcer. What can be the best treatment for this.
I am Sankar Srinivasan, age 48. I was affected by epilepsy in my childhood. Had phenytoin sodium tablet. Now reducing dose. My problem is, teeth enamel is damaging in 5 teeth's. Already extracted 3 teeth. I want to save my teeth's. Please kindly guide me Sankar Srinivasan.
I have a cavity in my last tooth of upper jaw & what is the approx. Cost of root canal treatment and, how much time this process will take? Please advice. Thanx
My father is 60 years old. He is suffering from gum bleeding problem from 3 years. He have consulted dentists many times and followed what they suggest. But still his gums continue bleeding. What to do?
Hi sir, am 26 years male having my teeth color yellowish, I would like to have shiny teeth having white color what I should have to do? advice me.
My mouth is smelling since last 10 day even I brushed twice in a day and using closeup tooth paste Tell me who can I rid off this smell.
My father is suffering from mouth ulcers this mouth ulcer is occurring frequently he is using doctor recommended cream n medicines but its curring very slowly and he is not able to eat anything except curd what is the reason behind this and how can be avoided and what is the solution for this.
My teeth is very pale and I drink fluoride water 7-8 years and current I brushed everyday but no improvement in my teeth also want treatment for whitish any damage someone says that it may gape in your teeth. Thats right or not.
My tooth are getting decayed. Recently I did root canal for one of my tooth. Now another one is decaying. Kindly provide any tips to make teeth healthy & avoid decaying. Right now I am using patanjali tooth paste I think it is safe.
Also putting a lot of pressure on the teeth can cause good amount of wear and tear of the teeth as well as the gums
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.