Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini A P
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini A PYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from white discharge for last 1 year. I feels itching irritation and stomach ache .plz suggest me what should I done.
I am suffering from the problem of hair loss and over weight please give me the right direction for my problem.
I am experiencing hair fall. The volume of my hair has also decreased since a year. Help me with home remedies please.
I have very dry skin around both sides of nose, also feel burning sensation on this area. Some times tiny cracks also occurs. Its irritating badly. please suggest something.
My pimples are not severe but it comes now frequently. It was not like this but now m.having severe spots on my face. N m very much worried as bcz m of 25 age. N time to get marry. N my face cmplxtn was white bt nw it bcm dark bcz of acne n spots problem. Pls hlp me. My face is now staring having wrinkles bcz of dullness.
Mere face pr pimple ke gaddhe hai koi cream ya tablet jis se face clean n clear ho jaye aur colour bhi fair ho jaye.
I have knee pain for last 4 months when bend my leg. Sometimes it get severe pain. May I know the reason why it caused? I will do squat regularly, but after pain I stopped. Still pain persist.
Aloe vera is called as Kumari in Sanskrit. Kumari refers to a young girl. This name has two derivations. It is used in diseases of young girls, like pimples and menstrual problems. The plant is beautiful and looks young even after it grows old.
- Gruha Kanya,
- Sthula dala,
- Dirgha patra,
- Vipulasrava (Having profuse gel in the leaves),
- Maataa (it is like a mother to the patient),
- Deerghapatrika (Having long leaves)
- Ghrita Kumarika (leaf having slimy pulp similar to ghee),
- Amara, Ajara (Has rejuvenating and anti-aging properties).
Botanical Name- Aloe Vera Chinensis,
- Aloe barbadensis Mill.,
- Aloe indica,
- Aloe chinensis
Family Name- LILIACEAE
- Rasa (taste) – Tikta (bitter)
- Guna (qualities) – Guru (heaviness), Snigdha (oily, unctuous),Picchila (sticky, slimy)
- Vipaka- Katu – Undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion.
- Veerya – Sheeta – Cold potency
- Effect on Tridosha – Balances all the three Doshas.
Different varieties- At present A. vera chinensis, A. Barbadensis, A. vera are mainly being used as Kumari. The author also noticed several other species of Aloe arebeing sold or cultivated in the name of Kumari in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Distribution- cultivated throughout India.
STRUCTURE: Mature plant: They are succulent plants with perennial, strong and fibrous roots and numerous, persistent, fleshy leaves, proceeding from the upper part of the root, narrow, tapering, thick and fleshy, usually edges are serrated with spiny teeth
Flowers: The flowers are produced in erect, terminal spikes. There is no calyx, the corolla is tubular, divided into six narrow segments at the mouth and of a red, yellow or purplish colour. The capsules contain numerous angular seeds.
HABITAT: Grows mainly in the dry regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
PHARMACOLOGY: The important constituents are the two Aloins, Barbaloin and Isobarbaloin, Other constituents are amorphous Aloin, resin and Aloe-emodin. A mild purgative, sooths skin, Acts as a mild antimicrobial
Aloe vera chemical constituents
Aloe- Emodin, aloctin A(Glycoprotein), Aloenin(bitter Glucoside), barbaloin, Chrysophanol Glycoside; Galactose, Mannose, Aldopentose, Aloesin, Aloeesone, b-sitosterol, Alocutin A & B etc.
(Reference: Illustrated Dravyaguna VIjnana, Vol. II, by Dr JLN Shastry)
Part Used- Leaves
Dosage- Fresh juice 10-20 ml; Aqueous Extract 100-300 mg
Leaf pulp – 1 – 3 grams
Aloe vera uses:
- Bhedani – Useful in constipation
- Gulmahara – useful in abdominal tumors
- Pleehahara – useful in spleen disorders, splenomegaly
- Yakrut Vruddhihara – useful in hepatitis, hepatomegaly,
- Kapha Jwarahara – useful in fever
- Granthihara – useful in small tumors, fibroids, lymphadenitis
- Agnidagdha – useful in treating burn wounds
- Visphotahara – relieves boils, blisters
- Raktapittahara – Useful in bleeding disorders such as nasal bleeding, heavy periods, etc
- Tvak Roga – useful in skin disorders, psoriasis.
- Chakshushya – improves vision, good for eyes, useful in eye disorders
- Vishahara – Anti toxic
- Vatahara – useful in treating disorders of Vata Dosha imbalance such as neuralgia, paralysis, constipation, bloating, etc
- Balya – improves strength and immunity
- Vrushya – aphrodisiac, improves vigor
- Rasayana – anti aging, causes cell and tissue rejuvenation
- Pittaja Kasahara – useful in cough and cold of Pitta origin
- Shwasahara – useful in treatment of asthma and chronic respiratory disorders.
- Aloe vera for hemorrhoids: Because of its mild laxative action and wound healing properties, regular intake of mild doses of aloe vera in the form of capsule or juice, is very beneficial in hemorrhoids treatment.
- Aloe vera for heart –Aloe has blood thinning action. It is very useful against cholesterol. So, it is very useful in treating atherosclerosis (blood vessels clogged with clot and fat deposition).
- Aloe vera for women:Aloe vera improves ovulation chances, it induces menstruation, hence used in treating amenorrhea – absence of periods or decreased bleeding.It improves hair quality, prevents hair fall, cures dandruff, also useful in acne and blemishes.
- Aloe vera for constipation: To relieve constipation, its 10 grams of pulp made into paste, added with 2 grams of rock salt, mixed well, and boiled to evaporate water content. It is administered in a dose of 3 – 6 grams, once a day.
- Aloe vera flower balances Vata and Pitta Dosha, Guru (heavy) and is useful in worm infestation, infected wounds
- Aloe vera side effects: Aloe vera induces purgation and hence it is not ideal to take it during diarrhea.Care should be exercised while using aloe in children and during lactation.It is best to avoid it during pregnancy.
- Aloe vera juice benefits-Aloe vera juice is good for stomach, in skin diseases, has anti-microbial properties.It also acts as a blood thinning agent and detoxifies blood.Daily dose is – 30 – 50 ml. in single or divided dose, before food.
Aloevera Home remedies
- The leaf pulp 2-4gms is effective remedy in Dysmenorrhea ( Kashtarthava ). This Should be administered with sugar on empty stomach once a day, for three days prior to the expected date of menstruation.
- Kamala (infective hepatitis) the mucilage with curd is a very effective medicine. This can be given single dose 3-5 days. If the patient develops loose motions can with drawn for a day or two and if needed can be continued for another course of 3-5days.
- The beauty of Aloe vera can be matched only & only its own Beauty.