Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwin
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshwinYour feedback matters!
My colour of lips is turning blackish. .what should I do to improve the colour nd softness? Please suggest.
Beside of my nose colour is very black and dark spots and pimples and my frd told to use panderm plus and I started to use panderm plus after I use I be very white but few minutes I will become very black in colour then want must I do please tell me some suggestions.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"
I am 20 year old. I am losing my skin fairness as I am exposed to sun light. Can you please suggest some homemade fairness tips to improve skin fairness. Now I am trying boiled potato and milk face pack. Will it have any effect ? Or is there something better.
Hello doctor, I have several cut marks in my hand. These marks are about 3 years old. please suggest me some creme to remove these scars.
If you have ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you have heard about the chemical peel. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to blister and peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure:
- All chemical peels are the same: All chemical peels are definitely not same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter and reduce wrinkles. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
- It involves a long recovery: Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heal in 2-3 weeks, but usually remains red for a few months. Depending on the chemical used, you may also feel unwell after a deep peel.
- It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue: You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can remove wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms.
Chemical peels can do a lot for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely. While you can get a superficial peel at a spa, deep peels should be performed only by licensed plastic surgeons or experienced dermatologists.