Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwath Kumar A.C
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwath Kumar A.CYour feedback matters!
Although sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are capable of affecting both genders, the impact on men and women is different. In women, this problem can cause long-term issues such as infertility. Although most STDs can be readily treated as soon as the symptoms surface, some cases might not throw up any symptom. Some of the curable STDs that can affect women are discussed below:
Gonorrhoea: This STD is caused by bacteria living in mucous membranes of the vagina, urethra, mouth, rectum and eyes and is capable of spreading through contact. The symptoms in women include excessive discharge from the vagina, abdominal cramps, pain in the pelvic region and bleeding from the vagina after sex.
Chlamydia: The STD is a result of a bacterial infection of ‘Chlamydia trachomatis’. Symptoms in females include burning sensation during urination, unusual vaginal discharge and bleeding between periods. Without treatment, the infection might spread to the urinary tract which could potentially cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is capable of causing problems in pregnancy and even infertility.
Genital Herpes: Genital herpes is generally caused by the herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) or the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). The virus is commonly known to be the chief cause of cold sores. Symptoms may appear soon after infection and usually are severe. This includes blisters which turn into raw and painful sores that scab and heal over time. This might be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Chancroid: This infection is a STD caused by the bacterium ‘Haemophilus Ducreyi’. It occurs most commonly in the vulva (the female external genital organ that includes the clitoris, labia as well as the opening of the vagina). The condition starts out as a tender bump that appears during the incubation period after intercourse. The incubation period generally ranges between 3-10 days. The bump turns into an ulcer i.e. an open sore, due to the death of the cells. This is usually painful.
Syphilis: It is caused by the bacterium ‘Treponema pallidum’ and the disease mainly occurs if you have sexual intercourse without any protection, that too with multiple sexual partners. The other mode of infection is blood transfusion. Symptoms of Syphilis include appearance of ulcers around the genitals or the oral region known as a chancre, severe rashes around the hand or feet coupled with other symptoms of mild fever, headache, throat pain and immense fatigue.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have replaced one of the heart valve with Bio Prostate one about 6 1/2 years back - Now the valve is getting narrowed in a moderate to serious condition as informed by the Cardiologist after a 2D Eco Test - Can I have a valued advice how to control the narrowing?- Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from PE and ED from 5 years there is kiddy baby penis how to make it big my testosterone is normal I have no any stress how to give hardness in erection it become very loose and there is too much shrinkage in this.
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.