Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashvin AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello, Iam 19 years old and I have been wearing specs for 2 continuous years and my power is LEFT (1.50) & RIGHT (1.25). Can you tell whether I can use CONTACT LENSES instead of specs or not? Is there any side effects of Contact Lenses?
My eyelid is inching since 3 days, I am using ceprofloxin. Eye drop. But when I o look at mobile screen problem again persist.? Shall I do.
I am 27 years old male. My eyes are getting dried very often. Already I am using Eco tears eye drops suggested by doctor. But there is no improvement. I am getting stressed because of this eye problem.
Halo Dr. I am tamil singha. 27 years old. My eye power is -3.25 and -2.75. Is it possible to reduce this power through Homeopathic medicine or Acupressure techniques? Please suggest me. I get failure in other way only lasik surgery is left for me.
I am having problem in my right eye. Whenever I watch a movie. It gets wet just after half an hour, becomes red and sometimes swells up. Don't know what to do?
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.