Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Singhal
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok SinghalYour feedback matters!
I have migraine from two years. It is very pain ful for me any medicine in not benefit to me pls help.
Why it was said that in epilepsy medication side effect is tolerable then disease itself? Bcoz there are so many side effects of medicine despite of that it is recommended?
For past 10 days I have numbness all over the body like needles poking I consulted Ortho doc he gave me pregabalin neuopreg 75 mg for one month I am taking this for 10 days but no improvement. Actually I am an epileptic patient was under medication for more than 10 years but stopped the medication for seven years without Doctor advice. I was healthy I dint get fits for more than fifteen years. I got delivery 2 years before and its a normal delivery. I took MRI brain scan seven months before it was normal. Why I am getting this numbness. Wat to do.
I was injured in a road accident 4½ months back. Have not touched my vehicle since then. Can I start driving two wheeler again? Considering restricted neck movements and history of clotting. Is there any chance of size/epilepsy attack? If yes then please rate on a scale of 10.
I have a major problem that m unable to wakeup at early morning daily I wakeup at 9 am or after 9 am there is excess of lethargyness in my body if I unable to wakeup in early morn how to do morning walk and exercise when I wakeup at 6 am forcedly means someone force me for wakeup my whole day disturbs m feeling excess of headache and finally sleep 4-5 hrs in noon m unable to do any work feeling depressed and irritated due to this while I sleep at 11: 30 on or at 12noon in night wht to do for sleep disorder please do not tell me do exercise wakeup morn my problem is only 1 unable to control my sleep if I wakeup in early morn then I do something please try to understand this prob is it sleep apnea or major sleep disorder suffer from hypothyroidism this sleep prob I suffer from appx childhood that time I have no work so no prob this time heavy work load so too much prob is their any treatment pill to control my sleep please guide me.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My father is suffering from paralysis in right side. Due to which he is unable to speak although all other body parts are working but weakness is there. There are some blood clots in brain. Around 3 yrs have passed hv tried so many hospitals and doctors. But speech problem is not solving please help me is there any surgery or else so he can recover little bit.
I am 23 year old actually my hand are vibrating I had done thyroid test and all the result are normal what should I do? Also if someone scold at me or getting pressure my hand are get vibrate please give me solution?
Hi sir. My father age is 65 years, having no BP and sugar. Last week he suddenly fainted while standing, after that we admitted in hospital. Doctor said that due to viral fever White blood cells and platelet count is low. Before that he did Neck Doppler CT scan test.In that impression it shows fibrocalcific plaque at left proximal ICA is approximately 34% diameter stenosis. And atheromatous plaque at right proximal ECA is about 36% diameter stenosis. Minimal intimal thickening in bilateral carotid bulbs. Can you please suggest any thing serious or how to reduce that plaque. Thanks in advance.
First time affected epilepsy 3 months back. Taking seezfree tab. 1gm (1-0-1. Pls guide me should I continue this or decrease the dosage. Is there any other medicine? How long I should take.
hello doctors! I'm 25 years old. Unmarried and working lady. I've been suffering from a number of problems, some from my adolescence which are still there and have become chronic and some have developed recently. I have many health issues at the same time, below is the list:- 1- i'm exhausted all the time, I feel lethargic and slouchy. 2- few years back I used to have extreme pelvic pain; I couldn't stand the pain and my Dr. Gave me injections of voveran. Now from the last year my periods are not regular, I just menstruate for one day. 3- i'm constantly putting on weight, especially around my belly. I exercise but it doesn't help. 4- when I was 13 years old my knees used to knuckle/crack a lot. This condition remained for 8-9 years. Now it doesn't happen but i've severe pain in my knees and ankles; i'm not able to climb stairs, I can't do cycling I can't walk fast, cannot jump/jog, in short I feel like a 60 years old lady. 5- also I pent when I climb stairs or walk fast. My folks say that i'm a lazy girl and not at all attentive. 6- i'm absent minded, so much forgetful. I misplace things most of the time. One doctor said i've dementia or alzheimer's. I'm shocked. 7- I look pale and have many skin problems, like breakouts, scars, black head white heads, patchy skin. Did consult doctors. But nothing did really help. Blood test already done, there's no blood infection. 8- i've consulted a gynaecologist too for my periods and skin issues, conducted some tests which were normal. I feared of pcos but luckily it was not that but there was some watery discharge from my left breast. 9- i'm short sighted too and my number is -8. Severe headache is common. 10 - in 2013 I was down with typhoid. My haemoglobin was 7.8 at that time and I took iron tabs (dexorange) for three months. 11- four five years back I had a bone marrow test which indicated my bones were weak. In later years I consulted an specialist he said I hv arthritis, I didn't continue the medicines. 12- my tongue has unusual black spots. My metabolism isn't good. Constipation is not a regular problem. 13- recently i'm realising that my body's tiny hair including my face is growing dark. I fear of hormonal problem. 14- from last one month i've chronic bony pain especially in my hands, feet and legs. My finger joints are paining like anything, I can't keep my feet on the floor, it hurts badly. I'm not able to sleep due to unbearable pain. In fact I can't explain my condition. Every part of my body pains, I feel sick, very very sick. Please help, what should I do, i'm stressed out, not even able to work properly in my office. Where to start? who's the right doctor? please help out.
I am 47 years male since one month I am suffering from numbness entire left part of the body skull to foot.
Sir I have problem of Fistula, I got surgery but it again formed, puss will discharge and it will be painful please suggest me the medicine to get it heeled and cured.
A good night’s sleep is essential for your mental and physical health. Proper sleep means your body is adequately rejuvenated and is ready to face yet another day with efficiency. When your sleep cycle is disrupted, the entire body mechanism is disturbed. Thus, sleep apnea can turn bothersome if not treated.
What is sleep apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea is a condition wherein there can be paused or shallow breathing while the person is asleep. At the time of sleeping, the muscles of the throat and tongue are more relaxed, and the tissues block the passage of air. It is most common in adults, and the primary reason behind it is excess weight and obesity. In the case of children, most common cause of this disorder is enlarged tonsils. Childhood obesity is another cause of this disorder in children.
Complications that could arise if the obstructive sleep apnea is not taken care of
- Sleep apnea or snoring can disturb your sleep as well people sleeping around you. This disorder raises the chances of health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure. If someone is already suffering from high blood pressure, then sleep apnea can even make it worse.
- When a person suffering from sleep apnea wakes up at night, his/her body gets stressed which makes the hormone system to go into overdrive which in turn increases the blood pressure of that person. Even the level of oxygen in the blood decreases when one cannot breathe well due to sleep apnea.
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to have heart attacks.
- The most common cause for this is the low level of oxygen or the stress of waking up suddenly. A person who is suffering from obesity is more prone to sleep apnea which also makes it harder to slim down. When someone suffers from sleep apnea, that person can have fatty deposits in their neck which block breathing during the night. Also, sleep apnea releases more the hormone named Ghrelin which makes a person suffering from obesity to crave for sweets.
- Sleep apnea is also a concern with some general anesthesia and certain medications. People suffering from sleep apnea are more prone to face problems or complications at the time of major surgery as they suffer from breathing problems especially when anesthesia is performed and they are laid on their back. It is imperative to consult with the doctor before a major surgery if one is suffering from obstructive sleep apnea.
Other health related problems
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to liver problems. This includes abnormal results on the liver function test, and their liver is most prone to show the signs of scarring. This disorder is also known as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Obstructive sleep apnea also results to excessive daytime sleepiness which also increases the risk factor for automobile accidents and can also lead to depression.
- Sleep apnea can also lead to stroke, heart failure, gastroesophageal reflux disease and abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- Sleep apnea is a common condition with mild to severe levels and can be progressive with age. Because of the complications that can arise due to this condition, it is crucial to get the condition treated as soon as the symptoms are observed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!