Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. AshokYour feedback matters!
Myself Shankar 54 years old. Have loss of sensation on lateral aspect at right knee joint since past 6 months. I consulted doc he says that I am alright. He had prescribed me vit b12. What was the diagnosis.
I am having pain in my neck and back for long time. Now pain is almost unbearable. Kindly suggest tips so that I can reduce my pain and get some relief.
My wife is 57years old,at present she is suffering from satica (pain at right hip and right ancle from 1 month
I am of 23 years old and recently got hurt on my ankle during cricket. The pain still exists and I used painkillers like paracetamol, etc but no use. Can you suggest me better cure?
My father is having back pain and due to it he is not able to walk and having high pain in left leg xray report says that L4 is pressed. So please tell some remedies regarding it.
My mom has excessive pain in knees joint had many medicines but it doesn't give any relief please guide us if there any home remedies.
I am having knee pain for that what precious do I have to take tell me some tips to get relief from this knee pain.
Hi im 23years old and I hav sex with some person before 6years and now I feel some joint pains in legs and arms but somehow I went to doctor he has cured it. And now I have pimples in arms and legs I do not know what to do I have got test frm past. 15months of hiv its negative I almost tested 10 times but still worried. In the beginning I got doubt because of some pimples near penis but doctor says its common so pls answer me.
I have severe back pain when I wake up in the morning then it goes off. Y it appears and precaution to be taken. Please help me solve this problem.
My sister having back pain at 4-5 disc at down, done mri scan doctors told bouns weeks what can i do sir ? please help me sir.
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.