Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok NethraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers every month its really very painful not able to eat food please help me out.
The invisalign system is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative approach to gently yet effectively straighten your teeth. Through a series of custom-made removable aligners, the invisalign system gradually and predictably moves your teeth to an ideal position.
What are the benefits of" invisalign" over conventional metaalic or ceramic braces?
- Oral hygiene is a lot easier to upkeep because invisalign clear aligners are removable, letting you brush and floss your teeth regularly.
- Invisalign treatment may give you visible results from as early as the first month of treatment. Even better, most people won’t know you’re going through treatment when you’re wearing invisalign clear aligners because they are virtually invisible!
- Got a special occasion coming up? no problem, just take your aligners
- Out for the event and pop them back in when you’re done. With invisalign treatment, it’s easy to make your smile picture-perfect for that special occasion.
- With invisalign clear aligners, you don’t have to worry about doing the
- Sports you want to. Invisalign treatment is a suitable treatment option for an active lifestyle.
- The invisalign system effectively straightens your teeth predictably and more comfortably.
- Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, with doctor visits
- Only approximately every 6-8 weeks. That means you can spend more time doing the things that are important to you.
3 din se mujhe mere muh mai jalan ho rahi hai mujhe lagta hai mere muh mai chhale ho gaye hai ye kis wajah se hote hai or ye kaise thik honge? Please advise.
What are the most important signs to look out for in terms of eye damage or dental problems? Is there anything I can do to keep my eyes and teeth as healthy as possible?
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.
I am 67 yr male weighing 76kg height 5'6' with generally sound health. For the past 3 months I am not enjoying my food because of bitter taste, no matter what I eat. This is prominent in chewing on right side of my mouth. I also have problem of dry mouth and rough tounge quite frequently. Please advice about causes and remedies. Thanks.
My mother experiences dryness in her mouth during sleep and after she wakes up. Upon waking up she feels as if there is no saliva in her mouth. What should she do?
My question is dental one. I have a bleeding and swollen gums with bad breath. Get me remedy with medicines.
My friend suffering mouth cavity the opening size of will very small because chewing of ghutakha any suggestion for him tell me?
I am having teeth pain but in xray no cavity is shown what can be the other reason for pain. Please advise.
I am having sores in my mouth and tongue continuously since last few months and It's feel very burning on my tongue.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.