Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok M ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I have lumps on breast they always come back leave scars do not form heads open and close up on there own.
• The exact causes for cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage.
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease.
• Family tendency.
• Exposure to radiations.
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning
Dr Mrs Neeraj Gupta
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic
My father is suffereing from prostate gland problem and supposed to operate in pune but due to he had heart problem doctors avoided that. Can laser green tech help?
My Father he was 68 years old, suffering from rectum cancer for past 4 years. He is in now final stage. He is very sick now what kind of treatment you should give. SYMPTOMS 1.A Change in bowel habits. 2.Blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool. 3.Diarrhea, Constipation or Feeling that the bowel does not empty completely. 4.General Abdominal Discomforts, Frequent Gas, Pains, Bloating, Fullness or Cramps. 5.Weight Loss with no known reasons. 6.Constant Tiredness.
Upper lateral portion of my breast is paining. I can feel it While walking fast, climbing down steps etc. There are two more days for ma exact period date. This pain started three days back. Please help.
About my wife back pain started in her lumber and thoracic back portion in the month of feb. 2012. We started treatment under local doctor's advice and took pain killers and some muscle relaxant and pain healed. But, it got repeated every week and we did the same treatment for the span of month. After that we did total analysis and it was found that there is compression at d8-d-9 and infection from d8-d10 and l3-l4 of spine. Then we did biopsy (first biopsy) of developed lesions and all reports were normal. At this time othopedician doctor advise us that it can be non-detectable tb infection (as it is non-pulmonary) and we started akt-4 on the basis of symptoms even though mtb was negative up to 4th week of culture growth. She took akt-4 for 20 months (june 2012 to feb-2014). During last 6 months of this time of period she was absolutely fine and started normal movements which were restricted during initial part of treatment. Infection was healed partially, and lesions was also started to disappear. We monitored it by ct scan after every 3 months. But in dec 2014 when medicine supposed to stop completely, again sever back pain started and it was found that there is formation of pus and damage of tissues at d8-d10, l3-l4. During this time of period she suddenly lost her weight by 18 kg (within 15 days), so operated and currated all the pus and infected part from the infected location (second biopsy). That sample we again sent for all the lab tests and it is again negative for mtb. We cultured that sample further and it is fount that this is slow growing ntm (non tuberculin mycobacterium) infection. And rest of all test were normal. As it is very slow growing we cannot found out exact genome of that bacterium. So, at this time infectious disease specialist and spine specialist doctors took decision together and stop akt 4 and started her; 1. Amikacin sulphate 1g: daily im/iv 2. Clarrithromycin: 500mg twice a day 3. Doxycyclin and lactic acid bacillus: twice a day 4. Levofloxacin: 750mg once a day during this treatment only her bsl found high without any diabetic history; so she is also taking, 5. Reclide 80mg twice a day 6. Metformine 500 mg twice a day as amikacin daily 1 gm is very high dose we are monitoring her serum creatinine, lft, esr, crp level on weekly basis; and if serum creatinine level is above standard value doctor advising to stop amikacin for some time and once it comes to normal level again we are starting it. Rests of the medicines are same. Above mentioned medicine has been taken for 4.5 months and again we did contrast mri for analyzing effectiveness of therapy. But in this latest mri report it is found that there is new disease has been developed at d9-d10 vertebral bodies and intervention disc. So, we taken advice from Dr. Rajeev soman, hinduja, mumbai. He has diagnosed it as below; 1. Primary tuberculine infection 2. Secondary nosocomial infection 3. Non-tubeculine mycobacterium and prescribed following medicines for 6 months; 1. Inj. Tigecycline (tiganex) 50 mg, bd - 6 months 2. Tab. Clarrithromycine (synclar) 500 mg, bd - 6 months 3. Tab. Levofloxacine (levoflox) 750 mg, od - 6 months 4. Tab. Linezolid 600 mg, od - 6 months } now all medicines stopped due to severe side effect. Side effect recovery is going on. What should we do?
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer.