Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok M Shenoy
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok M ShenoyYour feedback matters!
My KUB ultrasound shows prostate weight of 25 grams, and REDUCED ECHOES from prostate. My urinary frequency is higher than normal, and I also get up one to two times during sleep to urinate. Ejaculation causes mild burning and discomfort in lower abdomen and sometimes penis. ALSO, in August 2015, I had a very severe bout of pain and burning in my genitals (penis, scrotum, perineum) and lower abdomen (just above penis). It lasted for 3 months. It was triggered by frequent ejaculation. Since then, I have reduced the frequency of ejaculation to once a week. What could I be suffering from? Should I get TRUS or PSA test done? What do reduced echoes from prostate signify?
What are the symptoms of cancer that shows in our body and explain the solutions to take care from cancer.
Cervical cancer (a malignant tumor of the cervix, the lowermost part of the uterus) is one of the most preventable types of cancer. Because of the Pap smear test, the number of cervical cancer cases has actually dropped over the past 20 years. However, many women still develop cervical cancer.
While some cases of cervical cancer cannot be prevented, there are many things a woman can do to reduce her risk of developing cervical cancer.
Reduce Your Risk of Cervical Cancer:
- Get a regular Pap smear. A Pap smear can be the greatest defense against cervical cancer. It can detect cervical changes early on, before they have a chance to turn into cancer.
- Limit the number of sexual partners you have. Studies have shown that women who have many sexual partners increase their risk for cervical cancer. You also increase your risk of developing HPV, which has been shown to lead to cervical cancer.
- Quit smoking or avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking cigarettes increases your risk of developing many cancers, including cervical cancer.
- If you are sexually active, use a condom. Having unprotected sex puts you at risk for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which can increase your risk factor for developing cervical cancer.
- Follow up on abnormal Pap smears. If you have had an abnormal Pap smear, it is important to follow up with regular Pap smears or colposcopies, and whatever else your doctor has recommended for you. If you have been treated for cervical dysplasia, you still need to follow up with Pap smears or colposcopies.
- Get the HPV vaccine. If you are under 27, you may be eligible to receive the HPV vaccine, which prevents high risk strains of HPV in women. The vaccine is most effective when given to young women before they become sexually active.
Again, cervical cancer prevention should be a top priority for all women. Small lifestyle adjustments, combined with regular medical care, can go a long way in preventing cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
Dear doctor, Please help and advice. I'm a Omani national I had a small tongue surgery for the removal of small tissue After surgery doctors send the tissue to laboratory and said that I have tongue cancer I have attached the report for your review kindly advice if this is something serious or there is nothing to worry Because doctors here are not really sure 'I m ready to travel to India if needed. Here the doctors are again saying that they need to do tongue surgery again. I'm desperately waiting for reply. Kindly also send me the details tongue cancer doctor whom I can reach.
Eating tobacco 3 to 4 time in a day can cause cancer tobacco leave and churna I am eating from past 15 years and my mouth is clean no damage should I continue or stop now I am 36 years old give me advice.
My grand father is having difficulty in urination and doctors said he is having enlarged prostate gland. Is this dangerous? Is there a need of surgery?
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.