Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kumar Devoor
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar DevoorYour feedback matters!
~ Ayurvedic Name: Dandak Jwara
~ Other Names: Dandy fever,Three-day fever, Breakbone fever.
~What's is a Dengue Fever?
1-Dengue fever is a disease caused by one of a number of viruses.
2-These viruses are spread by the bite of mosquitoes and are transmitted to the human body.
3-The disease is very common in tropical and subtropical areas of the world (including some islands in the Caribbean, Mexico, most countries of South and Central America, the Pacific, Asia and parts of tropical Africa). In these locations, the dengue fever arbovirus is endemic, meaning that the dengue fever virus naturally and consistently lives in that location and the virus are not carried by mosquitoes.
~Who gets Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever can occur to people of all ages. Children usually have a milder disease than adults.
~What's are the causes of Dengue Fever ?
When a mosquito carrying dengue fever virus bites a healthy human, the virus travels in the blood stream and then starts multiplying itself in the whole body. Dengue fever is not contagious, which means one person cannot pass it directly to another.
Dengue fever is also a type of arbovirus, which is short for arthropod-borne virus. The main virus causing dengue fever is carried by a mosquito named "Aedes aegypti" which transmits the virus to humans through its bite. An organism that carries a disease, without actually developing the disease itself, is called a vector. Aedes aegypti works as a vector for transmitting the disease.
An another cause for dengue fever is a virus name flaviviruses. More than 100 million cases of dengue fever occur every year in a whole world. A little bit percent of these develop into dengue hemorrhagic fever. It is possible for a traveler who has returned to the United States to pass the infection to someone who has not traveled. Risk factors for dengue hemorrhagic fever include having antibodies to dengue virus from prior infection and being younger than 12, female, or Caucasian.
~What's are the symptoms of Dengue Fever?
The symptoms of dengue fever are generally seen in around three days after transition of virus to humans through mosquitoes bite and after that patient starts feeling very weak. Dengue fever, however, is not a fatal disease.
Dengue fever may vary on an individual basis for each patient. One should always remember before looking for treatment that over-medication in dengue fever is likely to lead to further complications and some times it may also turn slight serious. A mild attack of the fever may pass off without having to administer any medicine.
~Some of the main symptoms of dengue fever are listed below:
Dengue fever usually starts suddenly with a rapidly climbing high fever, that's why the temperature in dengue fever is called a 'saddleback' type temperature.
Retro-orbital pain behind the eye.
nausea & vomiting.
loss of appetite.
rashes develop on the feet or legs 3 to 4 days after the beginning of the fever.
Swelling and pain in muscles and joints.
The joint pain in the body has given dengue fever the name that is "breakbone fever".The common symptoms of dengue fever may go in around 10 days, but complete recovery from dengue fever can take more than a month.
~Herbal Treatments for Dengue Fever
There is no specific treatment for the treatment of classical dengue fever, and like most people you will also recover completely within 2 weeks. For severe dengue symptoms, including shock and coma, early and aggressive emergency treatment with fluid and electrolyte replacement can be lifesaving.
Some treatment options that may enhance the curing of classical dengue fever are listed:
1) Mix 360 mg of Shunthi Churna with 125 mg of Hinguleshwar and now take this mixture at least 4 times daily, you may take with tea or hot water. If case the temperature of the patient rises beyond 104°F (40°C), then you may apply cold pad, on the forehead till the temperature subsides.
2) Another ayurvedic medicine used for treatment of dengue fever is tulsi (holy basil). Medicinal properties of tulsi are very useful in ayurvedic therapy. The leaves of tulsi are used to produce soothing effect on the nervous system. Tulsi leaves strengthen the stomach and induce copious perspiration.
3) Amrutharistam,Amruthottaram kashayam,sudarsanam gulika,Pachanamrutham kashayam can be given for treatment.
Hi my grandmother. Has a problem regarding. Blood while urinating. Is this mean anything serious. She is 65 years old.
My last LAMP is 10.01.17, my hcg level on 21.02.17 is 1624. But in TVS scan my doctor found only 2.6 mm sac and no fetal pole was observed. This is giving lot of tension to me pls suggest the best & chance of my pregnancy.
I am 21 years old female I took abortion pill and have done with an ultrasound after that but now its 3 months and my test is still positive and the symptoms of pregnancy are same what should I do now?
I m a 18year old female and I have missed by periods my 10 days and I m having regular stomach aches nd uneasiness. For few weeks I have also had morning sickness like problems. I m confused whether I m pregnant?
I am pregnant since 17 day bcoz I tested to prega news and its result was positive but today I see a drop of blood so I am confuse that is this ok or not or I miscarriage? Please reply.
Sir, me and my partner, we just get intimate but not completely because penis is not completely inserted, and every time we used protection (condom) and beside this he didn't ejaculate even a single time, but once the condom get burst during foreplay and when the condom get burst penis was outside the vagina, IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF PREGNANCY? And if there is no chance of pregnancy then what is the reason for delayed periods?
The uterus contracts the lining of its wall during the menstruation cycle. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are a part of the pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle spasms. Increased amount of prostaglandins are in this way, connected with more serious menstrual issues. For a few females, their issues may even affect their work, school and everyday activities. Around three out of four females encounter menstrual pain and each one out of ten females encounters extreme cramps.
To help with the monthly cramps, here are some home remedies that help get rid of the menstrual cramps:
- Exercising: This may sound somewhat unrealistic and impractical during your menstrual cycle, however, is very effective and practical. A light walk or stroll or any sort of physical activity, can help your menstrual pain and get rid of cramps. When you are doing any sort of high-intensity workout, your body starts to pump more blood. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and gets rid of your cramps or spasms. Exercising three to four times each week is useful for the general wellbeing of your body, yet it is particularly important in case you are inclined to having very painful menstrual cramps.
- Apply heat pads: Warmth or heat relaxes the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are numerous over-the-counter warming patches and cushions or electric, reusable ones. Then again, taking a general plastic bag with boiling water and applying it to your belly is an option when you do not have access to a warming cushion. This could be risky hence, warm some clothes and put them on your belly and cover it with a blanket.
- Drink chamomile tea: There may be pain diminishing properties in this fragrant tea. Calming elements present in the tea diminish the prostaglandin generation. This alleviates the menstrual cramps.
- Ensure you are getting enough vitamin D: Aversion is constantly possible to whatever cure you decide to take for the cramps. This is the reason why ensuring your body has enough vitamin D is very important in finding relief from menstrual cramps.
- Having an orgasm: Orgasms mitigate a wide range of pain, including menstrual cramps. Before an orgasm, the uterus is very relaxed, and at the peak, the blood stream starts flowing, easing the cramps. Orgasms ease the pain through the generation of endorphins, which help you to feel better. They additionally relax your entire body and incite rest so you will not feel any cramping by any means.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a part of the conventional Chinese treatment, which includes covering the skin with needles on specific pressure points. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.