Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshokYour feedback matters!
It's been 2 years a dark color is appeared around my mouth. I need to make this problem cured. Please advice.
Rashes on skin? when you need an expert opinion?
To the untrained eye, all rashes may look alike and seem easily treatable with over-the-counter oral antihistamines or hydrocortisone cream. However, it is not always so simple. Rashes can appear as blotches, welts or blisters; they can be red, itchy, scaly, or dry; and they can occur in one area of skin or all over the body.
Although most rashes are not life-threatening, some rashes can signal something more serious. If you have a rash and notice any of the following symptoms, make an appointment with Dr. Khans skin clinic immediately:
1. The rash is all over your body
2. You have a fever with the rash
3. The rash is sudden and spreads rapidly
4. The rash begins to blister
5. The rash is painful
6. The rash is infected
Hi I am 21 years old boy and I want to have my skin and hair health good. what should I do. And to reduce acne give a tip and also for radiant skin.
Staring into the mirror can be listed as one of the most popular pastimes. However, with age, we do not like the image that stares back at us. The black dots, the fine lines, wrinkles begin to deter us from looking into the mirror. So is there a way to take care of your ageing skin.
8 Quick daily habits can help you take care of your ageing skin
- Manage sun damage: More than 50% of the skin issues are attributed to unprotected sun exposure. From blemishes to melanomas, they do a lot of damage. While exposure to the sun cannot be completely avoided, protection can definitely be used. Especially when you are going to be out for prolonged periods, ensure using a sunscreen with sufficient SPF. Using full-sleeved shirts, wide-brimmed hats, sunglasses, and full pants go a long way in avoiding sun damage.
- Clearing of the skin: The skin tends to constantly shed off the top layers and get a fresh layer from the underlying layers. This top layer is naturally exfoliated but there are multiple substances which do a better job. Be it almond powder or orange powder, boiled potato peel or walnut powder, the top layers need to be periodically removed to make way for fresh, younger looking skin. A weekly routine of skin exfoliation is advisable.
- Moisturize the skin: The skin, especially with age, has a tendency to dry up and this can be avoided with the use of copious amounts of moisturiser. Pick a time of the day where there is a good chance for the cream or lotion to stay on your skin; for many, nights during sleep time works wonders.
- Cleaning the skin: A habit of washing the face regularly is very good for skin health. This also clears it of environmental pollutants and so helps in keeping the skin clean.
- Night care: Even though you are used to makeup during the day, it would be wonderful if you could leave the skin for a couple of hours with no makeup. The skin breathes free and this helps in the clearing of the pores, which usually leads to acne.
- Diet: Include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain, eggs, and milk products. These will provide the skin with the essential nutrients along with protein and help in skin regeneration. Drink about 2 litres of water to keep a healthy skin tone.
- Rest: A well-maintained sleep routine also helps in preventing ageing of the skin.
- Exercise: Needless to say, sweat it out. This opens up the skin pores and keeps the skin clear and healthy.
Doing these routinely will help in keeping the skin younger, firmer, and glowing with no wrinkles or fine lines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is it true that applying bleach on face once in A month harm our skin? Can we apply bleach on face once in a month with less ammonia?
I am 24 years old male. From last 3 months I am having rashes at pubic region. I have tried nearly all the over the counter creams and fluconazole 150 tablets but this hadn't done any good. From looking at it, it looks like jock itch fungal infection. It has spread on thighs as well as buttocks. Please suggest what is the best treatment. I have used panderm and candida but they haven't given any relief.
Hello sir how to whiten the skin. Is vitamin c serum helpful or which cream is useful for whitening of skin.
As we age, our skin also ages with us. This shows up in the form of fine lines and also in form of sagging skin. Why does this happen? Any skin specialist or cosmetic surgeon will tell you that the skin begins to lose its elasticity as we age because of the loss or reduction of collagen production. Collagen is the substance produced by the skin, which gives it a tight and supple appearance. As we age, this substance begins to diminish.
The signs of this may show up on our face as well as our hands. Many times, we use anti-ageing creams and treatments for our skin and even the neck, but we end up neglecting our hands, which may sag and get wrinkly with age. Yet, there are also other causes which may lead to sweating and arthritis, that can lead to a less than ideal appearance when it comes to our hands.
Causes: A dull and saggy appearance of the hands may be due to reasons, such as ageing, as discussed above, or other causes like excessive sweating and even arthritis. These conditions come with their share of symptoms and pain. Excessive sweating of the palms and hands can lead to problems in the social and physical sphere and this condition is usually treated by a doctor. This is a condition known as Palmar Hyperhidrosis. Also, arthritis can lead to excessive pain and less motion in the hands and fingers, which can also make the skin of this area wrinkle and sag.
So let us find out, if Botox is the solution for these problems
Botox for Sagging Skin of the Hands: Derma fillers and Botox injections can help in eliminating the fine lines and preventing the onset of wrinkles and sagging skin. These can be applied to hands in two batches. A few units of Botox for each hand will give it a more smooth appearance.
Botox for Sweaty palms: In case you are suffering from Palmar Hyperhidrosis, the doctor may also suggest a Botox injection which can reduce sweating. The effects of this injection will usually last for about six months. There may be some amount of discomfort after the injection has been administered and you will need professional medical help in this regard.
Botox for Arthritis: Apart from the excessive pain, arthritis in this part of the body can also leave the skin and hands looking severely affected and old. These injections can be used as an effective treatment for arthritis of the hands, the shoulders and other smaller joints, as per many medical reports. One can also turn to injections containing Dysport and Myobloc, for this purpose. It may also improve the functionality of the hand.