Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok D SYour feedback matters!
I am having listening problem in my right ear and the doctor says that it is weakness of nerves And you can not listen properly till you are not using ear machine.
From last many month may ear makes a cracking sound while swallowing any eatables. I do not have any fever inside. I also consulted doctor. But they are just suggesting more nd more pills. What is the reason for it.
I use otrivin adult nasal spray. When I pour 2.3 drops in my nose those sometimes just fo. Straight though my through and down. Is it harmful for men to just take those drops down.
My nose is sharp and little long compare to normal nose. I want to make Plastic Surgery on my nose. please inform me the estimate cost and clinic located in West Bengal.
Hello t actually 5 months before due to some ear problem I visited to ent specialist, he told me that my ear drum has got ruptured (small hole in ear drum. I don`t know this has got happen. At the initial stage I took some medicine prescribed by doctor, in hope that my ear drum will be all right but in my 3rd visit doctor advice me for operation. Kindly provide me their cost also.
She got some blood from nose at early morning for 2 days. What is this what should I do? She is 5 months pregnant now.
I'm a 28 years old male. I usually keep having headaches but off late i'm getting them almost 2-3 times a week. They usually affect either the temples, area behind the ear and the lower back of the head. They last usually for 6 hrs or so. Kindly suggest what might be wrong and where do I get tested?
I have a regular throat roughness by last 4-5 years and I took several medicines but there's no benefit. What should I do?
Hi, I have a running nose and sore throat since yesterday. Is wikoryl okie to take in such condition & somebody else suggested me to take azithromycin. And kindly suggest me the dose. Thankyou.
I am 18 years old man. I have got cold in my blood. Whenever I wake up morning. I get continuous sneezes. Give me some suggestions please.
Hi. I have a ear infection since a week. I have been prescribed antibiotics but its not healing. What do I do?
She is suffering from tonsillitis from past 2 year no relief of sign and symptoms after taking allopathic medicine. Suggest Mr. about homeopathic or aurvedic treatment about tonsillitis. How much will be useful to take these medicine. Please help me.
Why the nasal passage getting enlarged or bulged. Hence I use otrivin in drops to open it often. So what should I do to avoid using otrivin drops?
Sir when I eat something or chewing anything my maxila and mandible facial bones produce sound. Please advise.
Hi sir my child is 4 yr old she cant talk yet. His tongue is not good position. I think she needs surgery so please suggests any pediatric surgery hospitals.
Have problem of acidity few days back done full course it was fine for some days but now throat is having burning sensation sugest.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.