Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Vijendra Gowda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha Vijendra GowdaYour feedback matters!
She feels itchy most of the times at her vagina. She pees and then wipes it with dry tissue. She also consulted doctors, tried prescribed medicines, it works for few days and then same again.
I am 26 years old married women I have got bartholin cyst. My doctor has given me medicine for 5 days and then if problem will not get sort out then she will operate the duct. Is the any demerit of removing this duct since I am newly married and do not have kids yet. Is this duct is form of cancer? I am afraid of operation. Should I go for operation?
I gave birth to my girl child in February 2015. Now last month 14 October my first period starts. I don't have any precaution during sex with my husband. Today 14th November I missed my period now if my report is positive then what I have to do because I don't want next child till three years. Kindly suggest me some medicine for avoiding such pregnancy now. Also in future till three years.
My wife is 3 months pregnant now. Is it safe to have intercourse now? if yes, then how deep can I insert? would it not harm the baby?
Hi Sir, My last periods started on 25th Oct. And today on 19th Nov we had unprotected sex. But semen ejaculation after orgasm, was outside my vagina. Is there any chance I could get pregnant? My period are regular and lasts for 5 to 8 days. I am afraid of taking contraceptive pill because of side effects. Please suggest.
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from roadside vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
There is a load of things which have the tendency to go wrong when it comes to a pregnancy. One of the many is something called intrauterine growth restriction which is often abbreviated to be known as IUGR. While the name may be long, but the effect it can have on the baby means that the baby can turn out to be smaller than what a baby should really be.
Due to this issue, there is a range of other problems which can crop up. Some of these problems are an ability to resist infection as well as a degree of trouble when it comes to the maintenance of the body temperature. In addition to this, there are quite a few problems which include a low birth weight and a red blood cell count which is a lot higher than what would normally be expected to be seen in a baby.
In order to reduce the risk of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR), what a mother should do is to cut out smoking from her life, in its entirety. Steps should also be taken with regard to diabetes and high blood pressure if these exist.
When a person is looking for the size of the baby, by the way of an ultrasound, the main symptom of the baby having intrauterine growth restriction is the size of the baby. If the baby happens to be smaller than about 90% of what babies at that stage of the pregnancy should be, it is a fair sign that IUGR may be the cause. However, that being said, it is not likely each and every small baby does, in fact, have IUGR. Another method which can be made use of in order to estimate the rate of growth of the baby is the dopper flow method. This means that sounds waves are used in order to find the rate of blood and the amount of the same moving through the vessels.
When there is a chance of IUGR, the things which would be good for a mother to be to practice even in normal circumstances should really be done. This means that she should get 8 hours of sleep, with possibly some rest in the afternoon. In addition to this, following a healthy diet is very important.
As long as the woman is in close contact with her doctor, it should be taken care of and the chances of a healthy baby will be as high as possible!
Consumption of sprouts is an excellent way to keep your protein intake high. The boiavaliability of protein is more in sprouts as compared to the normal pulses v consume.
- boosts immunity.
- aids weight loss as low in calorie.
- builds muscle mass in ppl with a lean body.
- excellent source of b complex vitamins.