Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha S Vijay
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha S VijayYour feedback matters!
It is the self-stimulation of the genitals to achieve sexual arousal to the point of climax.Some women also use stimulation of the vagina to masturbate or use 'sex toys' such as Vibrator.
Masturbation is a very common behaviour,even in people who have sexual relations with a partner.In one study ,95%of the men and 89%of the females reported positively.In young children,it is a normal part of a growing child's exploration of his or her body.
Masturbation is a safe sexual alternative for people who wish to avoid pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
It is also necessary when a man must give the semen sample for infertility test or sperm donation.
While it was once regarded as a perversion and sign of a mental problem, masturbation is now considered a normal healthy sexual activity.
Masturbation is regarded a problem if it inhibits sexual activity due to guilt complex ,with a partner, is done in public and causes sufficient distress to the person
It may cause distress if it is done compulsively and?or interferes with daily chores.
Bitter gourd falls into the group of other vegetables which possess high amount of moisture. Due to its high moisture content, these vegetables are highly perishable. They contribute to high amount fiber than any other nutrients. Small bitter gourd is more nutritious than the bigger one.
There are lot of health beneficial known for the intake of bitter gourd. It has good medicinal properties that it is used in treating fever, colic, burns, chronic cough in painful manifestation of skin condition. The extract of bitter gourd helps in killing the breast cancer cells. Consuming more than 2 melons/ day may often lead to diarrhea.
There are certain evidences that consumption of bitter gourd in any form in one's daily menu, may result in the prevention or control of diabetes. The key elements in the vegetable helps in the treatment of diabetes. The key elements which showcase the anti diabetic property of this vegetable include
Charantin helps in lowering the blood glucose level. Vicine is a insulin like compound known as polypeptide p. Lectin, reduces the blood glucose level by suppressing the appetite and making the stored glucose to be used up by the body. The mechanism behind the activity is that it reduces the amount of glucose by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown the disaccharides to monosaccharide.
Thus whatsoever the vegetable is, daily consumption always have beneficial effects to the body. Hence, increase your consumption and stays healthy.
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had my lmp on 13th october, thn on 12th nov only some spots of blood is seen but there is no flow of blood. On consultation I took meprate twice daily for 5 days and again on 8th dec only few drops of blood is seen but no proper flow of mensuration. Is there anything serious to be worried about? Kindly suggest.
Doubts regarding on my report. Cmv igg is positive, hsv1 igg is positive and rubella igg also positive. Is this a serious problem. Whether I have to take medicine or not. Will this affect conception?
I am 22 years old. After my sex my period got delayed for 5 days. Today I have received my period but its paining a lot. Stomach cramp. How to reduce the pain should I go to a doctor for it.
Though it’s common for most people to consult allopathic physicians when they fall ill, you must have heard of alternate therapies like Reiki, Pranic healing and energy healing. These healing therapies share one thing in common - they all work by cleaning our aura.
What is the Aura?
The aura is a layer of energy that surrounds our physical body. Not just that, auras are found covering the physical bodies of all living beings on earth, like animals and plants. Auras are like cozy blankets that save us from harm, both physical and mental. That is the reason why they get torn and dirtied.
Why is the Aura important?
The ‘Prana’ or life force flows through the energy body or the aura. Any disturbance in this flow causes diseases, thus, a healthy, clean and energized aura is crucial for maintaining our well-being.
If there is a problem in your physical body, it will show up as a disturbance in your energy body too. For example, if your liver is sluggish, it is reflected as dirty, sticky energy in that part of your aura which corresponds to the liver.
If you are mentally, physically and emotionally healthy you will have a bright aura, and the energy centers on the aura called “Chakras” will be strong and active. On the contrary, if you are in any way not up to par, you will have a depleted aura with holes and tears. You will also be constantly losing energy which will further deplete your aura, making you sicker.
Can you cleanse your Aura?
The answer is a “yes”. You have a number of available options to choose from. What will work for you depends upon how damaged is your aura and your own capacity to cleanse and strengthen your aura.
- Approach a Pranic healer for cleansing and energizing your Aura: You have to do this if your aura is infested with too much dirty energy and this has already shown up as a serious disease like depression or hypertension. When you are too depleted of energy to help yourself, you must find a good pranic healer and go to him for treatment. What the healer will do is scan your aura to identify the problem. This will be followed by the treatment. The healer will cleanse your energy body using divine healing energy and Prana. He will follow this up with strengthening and energizing your aura. These two steps will automatically enhance the size of your aura and you will begin to feel relief. The treatment is usually divided into a number of sessions, depending on the severity of your disease and also on the cause of the problem. Pranic healing can also be done on the self, but you need to learn the correct way to cleanse and heal your aura first.
- Meditation: Your ‘chi’, ‘prana’ or internal energy in the aura can be increased by meditating. A good way to do this is by practicing the “Twin Hearts meditation”. The divine healing energy rains down on you during this meditation, immediately cleansing and energizing both your aura and the chakras.
- Hugging a tree: Connecting with nature is a great way to cleanse your aura. Another way is to hug a tree. The tree is able to cleanse your aura and make you healthier. Make sure, however, not to hug small shrubs or keep hugging the same tree daily for a long time, or it may well die.
- Crystal healing: Crystals can take away negative energies from our bodies and homes. You can use crystals like fire agate, labradorite and black Tourmaline as pendants to keep your aura clean.
- Smudging: Burning sage is a great way to clean your aura too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.