Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Asha RajYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from canker sores in left side of my tongue since 5-6 months, it gets automatically healed & appears again in the same spot (2-3 in numbers. Other parts of mouths are not effected, it has very slight pain and I don't have problem while having food. I have taken multivitamins & lactobacillus spores capsules but it's not working. And I suffer from dust allergy with cold and rashes on skin. The allergy increases during September to December.
I am suffering from dental cavities although I am using Doctor's prescribed toothpaste but it does not works properly. Can you give me any another workable suggestion to get rid from it?
A toothache can have at its heart one or more causes, whether its tooth decay, tooth fracture or infected gums. Among the different kinds of remedies that you can employ to relieve yourself of toothache, peppermint leaves is one of the most effective ways in providing temporary respite. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, you can use peppermint leaves in the following ways to cure that painful toothache:
1. Chew some fresh peppermint leaves to experience its cooling sensation and bring down the soreness.
2. You could lessen the swelling by holding dried peppermint leaves against the aching tooth.
3. Even having peppermint tea can provide you with respite from the pain.
For this, take 1 cup of warm water into which you add 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves. Let it steep for about 20 minutes before allowing the tea to cool down. Take a small sip of the tea, and gargle it in your mouth before throwing it out. Repeat as needed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
My wife 28 years old had been going for her Braces treatment from Orthodontist since last more than a year! The doctor has said it is not required to extract the teeth and we continued the treatment in home town M. P. Now we have shifted to Hyderabad and whn consulted the doctors we got different opinion. One says 4 teeth needs to be removed, other says no extraction is required, another says only one tooth needs to be removed. Now we are so confused as what to do and which doctor is correct. We have already given almost one and half for the treatment and paid almost the full amount. Again if we have to go thru entire year then its really frustrating. As we are new to Hyderabad we hardly know any good doctor (for me a good doctor is not who is more qualified and has more degrees rather the one who is not money minded and can give the right suggestion based on his experience). Please guide us.
I am 30, male. I had a tooth came extra inside the line of teeth of downside, no issues till 4 days back, but now bleeding is happening form that tooth daily when I am getting out of bed I taste my blood in my mouth, I usually clean teeth very fine daily. 2 days back I got pain @ my chin which is just below the extra tooth placed. Later pain gone, but bleeding is not stopping, can you please guide me, what happens and what care I need to take in this?
Bristle variety. You will be able to select a toothbrush with soft, medium, or hard nylon bristles. For the vast majority of people, a soft-bristled toothbrush will be the most comfortable and safest choice. Depending on how vigorously you brush your teeth and the strength of your teeth, medium- and hard-bristled brushes could actually damage the gums, root surface, and protective tooth enamel.
My incisor teeth both lower &upper jaw doesn't follow any pattern. It is in updown manner. Which causes problem for me to brush. Sometimes bleeding also.
My teeth gum swell since from 2yr, after taking medicine it takes it original shape. But again after some time it swell, so what I have to do for this?
I am 47 seven years old male. I was using gutkha since 15 years, I left gutkha from 24. 02. 2015 completely. Now I am able to open my mouth only 1/2 inch wide. Please suggest.
Hi, two day ago my lower lips cut by mistake in my teeth .internally cut .feeling pain when I chew some thing small cut but its painful. I am non smoker and no alholic guy and take any tobecoo aur any bad thing .my sugar level is normal. Please I wanna get ride of this pain.
I am 27 years old male, my tooth are not well arranged, I dont want to get my canines removed for better arrangement. Can we some how reduce the size of teeth to reduce their size and arrange them better?
I am 21 years old male and I have problem in my tongue which get sour mostly in month give some helpful advice.
I am 25 year old. I have a problem my mouth does not not remain fresh and white coating on the tongue causes bad breathe type symptoms that makes me uneasy what to do ? Please suggest.
I brushed my teeth daily but very bad smell is coming from my mouth and some bleeding also happened so what can I do.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)