Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Asha RajYour feedback matters!
I have habit of grinding teeth in night, how to get rid of this habit? Due to this may I face any problem in future?
My teeth are paining deadly, because I eat chocolate at night and don't brush it, so what to do? plzz help me.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
There are loads of advantages of dental implants:
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
- Improved speech quality in the long run
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Improved oral health
- Good durability (can even last a lifetime if taken good care of)
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
Who can go for dental implants?
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- Must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must visit dentist regularly
There are many steps involved in getting an implant:
- An individualized treatment plan, addressing all your specific needs and prepared by a team of professionals, well versed in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
- Placement of the tooth root implant into the bone socket of the missing tooth
- Attachment of a small connector post known as an abutment, which securely keeps the new tooth intact
- Attachment of a crown (the replacement tooth) to the abutment
The operation is normally administered under a local anesthesia. The whole process is not harmful at all, to say the least, and people have reported that a normal tooth extraction cause much more pain than a dental implant operation.
Related Tip: "Why You Must Not Delay Getting Your Dental Implants?"
Rigt side upper wisdom teeth partially gone. No ache. I do not want to extract that. Can it be filled or put a cap on it?
I have a dental issue, my gums have descended and have disappeared from my front teeth. There is space between my teeth, the roots are visible and they have yellowish hard layer inside. It is a big concern, kindly suggest.
Hi sir/mam 6 month ago my teeth and gums are very pain nothing to eat for that side any food touch that side very pain am consult a doctor (general doctor) in small clinic he said some small piece of food jacked between the teeth so gums sore are create and give me the some tablet that pain are going but still last 1week heavy pain and create a some sore and sealed in my gums and create a some bad small in my mouth. Please give me a solution.
Prevent bad breath by brushing your teeth and flossing twice a day.
Brush your tongue/try using a tongue scraper, to remove any trapped food and plaque caught in the tiny hair-like fibers on the tongue.
Finish off your brushing by rinsing thoroughly with water or mouthwash.
Bad breath can be prevented by the treatment of dental problems such as tooth decay, gum abscesses, and abscessed teeth.
Place a few drops of tee tree oil or peppermint oil on your tongue or use the oil on your toothbrush along with your toothpaste.
Quit smoking, as this is the only way to eliminate bad breath from the use of cigarettes, which is also responsible for periodontal disease.
Avoid foods known to cause bad breath such as garlic, onions, cabbage, certain spices, and coffee.
A dry mouth, also known as xerostomia, is a major factor when it comes to bad breath. Sip water, chew sugar-free gum to help produce more saliva.
If you are using breath fresheners on a regular basis, consider choosing one that contains xylitol, a sweetener that some studies have shown to reduce cavities. Avoid products that contain sugar to prevent the accumulation of plaque.
Occasionally use a mixture of 50% hydrogen peroxide and 50% water, as a mouth rinse. Hydrogen peroxide will help kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Prevent bad breath by visit your dentist on a regular basis (every six months or as indicated by your dentist) for a complete examination of your teeth and gums and thorough cleaning.