Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
What is the reason for blackening below eyes. Am 22 years old male. Please suggest some ways to remove it.
Why my eyes are always red most of the doctor says you have no problem but why my eyes are always red.
I have been experiencing lot of floaters in my both eyes from couple of months but are not going away and disturbs my vision and concentration . I want to know how to get rid of these floaters safely because I am becoming very crazy.
Sir I have red eye at evening since last 10 days and pain in my eye and also stomach is in good condition, in morning time when stomach will clear than no problem but when it is not clear than automatically itching problem and eye pain come, please help me sir.
Hi I am 29 old girl I want to know about eye number remove operation (lasik) laser cost & best doctors in mumbai.
I am having red eyes since last two days with pain and itching. Increase at morning. What should I do.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.
4 Tips for a Great Eyesight
An important organ of the body, eyes must never be taken for granted and need to be protected at all times. In addition to protecting them, you also need to improve as well as maintain their overall health.
Here are some of the ways of keeping your vision in top form:
1. Eat for good eye vision
To have healthy eyes and consequently good vision, you need to have foods that keep them in good health. Nutrients like Zinc, Vitamins C and E and Omega-3 fatty acids can help to fend off age-related sight problems such as cataracts or macular degeneration (a condition characterized by the deterioration of the middle portion of the retina). Foods like eggs, nuts, green leafy vegetables, oranges and citrus fruits are what you need to have to get good eye health.
2. Kick the smoke habit
Smoking can adversely affect your eye health and can make you prone to eye conditions like cataracts, macular degeneration and damage of optic nerve (a nerve that transmits impulses from the eyes to the brain). By kicking this habit, you end up saving your eyes from irreversible damage.
3. Use sunglasses
Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays for a long period of time can make you prone to common eye problems including cataracts. To protect them from the sun’s harmful rays, you need to use sunglasses that block 99-100% of ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.
4. Go for a regular eye checkup
Going for regular eye examinations can help in protecting your vision and ensure you see clearly. Eye examinations are important to help you find eye problems like glaucoma (a condition wherein the optic nerve is damaged, resulting in vision loss). A comprehensive eye examination can help in identifying problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism (an eye defect that occurs to a deviated spherical curvature).
My eye sight is getting weak, I am working in office as data entry operator on computer. Please tell me the best eye drops which can help me in recovering my sight.
Sir I used to study for late night hours and water from my eyes is continuously flowing from some days. What should I do sir. Do I need to consult a doctor.
My eyes are getting pain after sitting of screen for sometime even using my specs. What should I do.
I am 19 years old and I have 0.25 number I can't see the distance object I want to do laser treatment is there any side effects and any future problems.
I have red eyes and felling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Last 8-10 days my eyes fell some pain when I do study and I can t see clear line some time. please give me right suggest.
I have an allergies and my eyes are affected the most they are puffy res and itchy waht can I do? Please help me.
I am satya from odisha, I want to know, how can I maintain my body when, every one see me they called me hy strong man. I means I want a healthy powerful body myself.
Sunglasses are an important part of the accessories you use in summer or any time of the year. They help you to look fashionable and stylish and also make a pretty good style statement. But is that the only job of sunglasses? Or do they have something more to them? Here are a few reasons why sunglasses are more than just a style statement:
1. Decrease in eye problems: Generally, you use sunscreen to protect your skin from the Sun’s glare. Similarly, sunglasses protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is extremely important for you to protect the eyes so that the harmful UV rays cannot enter the sensitive eye tissue and harm them. If you do not use sunglasses, then you have a higher chance of damaging your eye tissue than a person who uses them regularly. Bear in mind that the strong UV rays can cause serious permanent damage to your eyes.
2. Protection from other environmental components: Not only is the sun harmful to your eyes, but also the wind can be extremely dangerous for them. Dirt, sand, dust particles can fly into your eyes even when just a breeze is blowing. On a windy day, damage can be much more. If you are wearing sunglasses when out on a windy day, they act like a shield to your eyes against the wind and the particles,which might enter your eye.
3. Helps clear vision: It s often difficult to have a clear vision when out in the Sun. The bright sunlight doesn’t give you the clarity in vision. Without protection, you will have reduced vision as the bright glare of the Sun might cause you discomfort in your eyes and limit your vision as you will have to squint in the bright light.
4. Helps prevent aging: Although it might sound a bit surprising, but wearing sunglasses actually helps in prevent aging. The bright glare of the sun causes you to squint and this causes the age lines to appear. So, if you wear sunglasses and your eyes are protected from the bright sunlight, then you will not be squinting anymore, and hence it will not cause the age lines to appear before time.
So now, before you think that sunglasses only make you look good, think again about how they actually do much more than that. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.