Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AshaYour feedback matters!
Hi there, There is a problem in my right eye. I think it loses its converging power. So tell me solution.
I am 37 year old with diabetes and have been diagnosed with Glaucoma in my right eye. I want to know what is the best treatment and management of glaucoma. Is surgery safe and will there be no recurrence of glaucoma. The eye specialist has given me eye drops which I have to put life long. Or should I go for surgery.
Hello doctor, my name is shoeb and my age is 22 yrs. Currently I am wearing a spect having power 0.75 in right and 0.5 in left. But I am having problem in darkness. I think I am suffering from night blindness but not sure. I am not able to see anything in darkness. Please advice me what further tests do.
I have been suffering from the problem of the myopia. What should I do for this problem and what are reasons behind it?
I m 45 and I have left eye detachment 3 time one gas type and two buckle type with oil surgery followed by macula pucker same surgery done still vision wavy and distorted any help pls.
I have alot of unwanted facial hair under my eyes. How can I reduce hair growth there? Laser is very expensive for me. Kindly tell me some home remedies for thinning or reduction of unwanted facial hair. Secondly I have a very dull face. I want a glowing skin without any dark circles and flawless complexion. Kindly tell how can I achieve the same?
I am having itching and pain in my vagina. I tried clotrimazole, curd but nothing works. I am still having itching since many days. Tell me some better remedy please,
About a year ago, I got hit in my left eye with a ball while playing cricket. I used to have headaches before that too, but after that incident, the headaches when occurred, affect mostly in the left part of the head including the eye area. When there is no headache, I feel fine. What should I do.
I'm 25 year old male my eyes dries quickly and I have a burning sensation and its irritates a lot l use tear drops but I find a cure for some while only. What can I do to over come this problem fully. Thank you.
I have red eye from last one week. I used many type of eye drop but it is not enough to healing so what should I do?
I have eye allergy for last 4 years , taking eye drops regularly . But it itching and tears increasing regularly. I have consulted 8-10 opthamologist ,but all says that there is no permanent cure for eye allergy . Please advice .
I have red eyes from last five days, and at morning, myhhh eyes have some mud. PlZzz suggest some medicine.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.