Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Iyer
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha IyerYour feedback matters!
I started having irregular period since march 2017. Last month ie August I got my period on 20th and lasted 4 days. And then I started bleeding again from 29th of august which is very heavy flow with clots which lasted 4 days also. I feel weak, I experience headache and stiff neck .I am very scared. Please help me.
I am having period pain but no bleeding for last 7 days. My date was 4th nd it has been a week more. What could be the reason and what should I do in this case?
Me and my girl had unprotected sex (I just inserted my penis by an inch twice) in the month of may. She had got her periods just aftr 3 days may 17th. In the month of June she had got her periods on June 16th or 17th. Now in the month of July it's already July 20th and she hasn't got her periods yet. We never had any physical contact after may. She hasn't got her periods yet. IS she pregnant? Y has her periods delayed by so many days. Is she pregnant?
Hii, I have problem of vaginal discharge. After 3-4 days of completing my menstrual cycle this problem started and for next 10 days milky white fluid comes out from vagina. I am very tense. Please suggest.
Is there treatment in ayurvedic to remove uterine fibroids as I have to go for laparoscopy to remove that but it will re occur again.
How double marker, triple marker test results are calculated? If age risk mentioned in the report is 1: 326 and the risk of the patient who is undergoing these tests during pregnancy is, say, 1: 500, this figure of 500 is calculated purely on the basis of patient's blood or on the bases of both, patient's blood as well as her age?
Got married one year ago. No child yet. Today is first day of period, blood came from vagina as a solid and fall down while going urine and not blood fluid. Why is this happen like this differently? What Wil be the cause for this.
Within 4 hours after unprotected sex I have taken 1st ipill. 2nd ipill I have taken after protected sex just to be sure I don't get pregnant and 3rd I have taken 20 days back. Please advice me is there any chances of getting pregnant as I want to avoid pregnancy?
Hello. My wife is 6 week pregnant. And Doctor prescribed anin. 500 inj. Intramuscular. After inj the inj inj site is hard lump and tender Why this reason?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
1. Minimize outdoor activities when pollen counts are highest
“The most common spring-specific allergen is treepollen,” One of the best ways to avoid this is to minimize your activities outdoors when pollen counts are at their peak, typically in the early mornings. Warm, dry, and windy weather also contributes to higher pollen levels. With pollen counts varying day by day, it’s best to check online for local pollen levels before heading outside.
2. Protect your eyes when working outdoors
If you need to work outdoors, we recommend wearing goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you do get allergens in your eyes, flush them out with eye-drop antihistamines.
3. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in allergens
“Pollen is the most common cause of season allergies,” which makes spring and summer the most challenging time for allergy sufferers. Our noses act as filters and traps airborne substances like pollen. To avoid breathing in these allergens, I suggest wearing a mask while working in the garden or going for a hike.
4. Spring clean your home
Believe it or not, indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air, containing 10 times more pollutants. By spring cleaning your home for top to bottom, you can improve indoor air quality and reduce allergens. Decrease the number of surfaces where dust can collect (including getting rid of stuffed animals), swap out carpets for hard wood floor (if possible), and keep upholstered furniture to a minimum. I advice using a good vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to remove allergens before they get kicked up in the air.
5. Invest in a HEPA filter for your air purifier
“Obtaining an air-conditioner or HEPA filter can keep pollen out of the home.HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, work by trapping small particles like pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
6. Create a dust-free bedroom
“Heavier allergens like dust tend to settle on surfaces or drop to the floor where a filter cannot trap it.Dust can contain triggers like mold, pet dander, and dust mites. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, vacuum at least two times a week—more if you have pets. And to avoid dust mites in the bedroom, “Encase your pillows, mattress, and box springs in dust mite proof covers. If you can’t wrap it up, wash it in hot water with some regularity. Keep the head of the bed uncluttered. Maintain a relative humidity of under 50%.”
7. Check the bathroom for mold
Household mold is one of the most common causes of allergies, including asthma. “Even if you don’t use that bathroom often, get rid of the mold. There are a number of cleaners that work. If they fail, there are professionals who will get rid of it.” Mold thrives in cold, damp areas. To keep mold at bay, ensure your bathroom has proper ventilation. Run the exhaust fan or leave the window open when taking a shower.
I am in 7 months pregnancy and suffering from fever my left nostril is watering little and I am having little cold but no cough my fever is not going I am feeling little weakness because of not taking any adequate diet as I used to take before and my head and eyes are also paining little please tell me natural ways to overcome from this fever my baby kics as usual but I am not feeling well. My family doctor gave me a baby syrup which is effective for half day and again it is coming back. I am also taking luke warm water to drink and bath is it ok for me.
How many times doing sex healthy in a month and what precautions should we follow for being pregnant?
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!