Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old my last lmp is 28 fab but still not come sometimes my ovaries get pain that time I thought lmp is coming but only white going few times then every thing is ok I check in month of april 1st week but report is negative, am i pregnant because I heard in pregnancy vomiting is happen but I eat every thing my tummy is also increasing please give suggestion.
Having breast pain before periods is normal in women? Does that mean your period is coming in 4-5 days.
My elder sister is in icu from the last 11 days because of near hanging. Dr. have taken two mri scan in 1st one report was all normal but in 2nd it seems she is having hypoxic ischemic changes. And pneumonia on her lungs because of infected lungs. Is this can be cured? Can she recover from hypoxic damage?
I'm 23 years old young girl, but I'm very thin, according to my height my weight was low, so how can I gain my weight. Tel some health tips.
I am a married man. Me and my wife having a good relation but we are not having any child. me and my family are getting tensed. So please advise me what to do.
I had miss my date and checking the result is positive but today have a problem of little bleeding is it sign of loosing the pregnancy or what the reason behind it and I have pain in my lower abdomen and in the back please give me respond soon I am so tensed about all.
I have cyst problem from last February. Till now i am not getting regular periods. I am taking treatment. Suggest me to get regular periods. My age is 23 years and height is 5.0 and weight is 78 kg. Now i am married for last 6 months I want to conceive so suggest me. What should I do to get pregnant?
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 24 year old female. I am using pregnancy conceiving tablets from last 1 and half year as I am suffering with PCOD problem. So is this a right way to take these kind of medicines for long cycles? Is this cause any harm like cancer to my body? Please reply.
I had unprotected sex during my last period and took an ipill. I have missed my periods for this month by a week now and the home pregnancy test showed a negative result. Should I take another test after a week? What can be the possible reasons for missed periods? There was also bleeding a week after taking ipill for two days.
My girl friend went for a blood test to determine the thyroid levels and there was a biological reference range given. Like pregnancy First trimester: Second trimester: Third trimester: Mat I know what is about? Is it anything related to pregnancy. If so I want to know the status of it.
Man had been a hunter-gatherer for thousands of year prior to discovering that settling down and engaging in agriculture did have its merits, especially by the way of an easier lifestyle! Many people today are going in for contemporary diets which are plant based. But what exactly does that mean? And are there benefits which make the effort worth one’s while?
A plant based diet has a pretty large variety of benefits. While it was a rather predominant belief in the years gone by that animal protein was essential for proper nutrition of a person, this is something that has long been debunked. As a matter of fact, plant based diets have been found to be worthy of providing the same level of protein to a person, but just without all the side effects that eating meat has. Who wanted those side effects, anyway? It is not like they are worth bearing with just for the taste of the meat!
The environment is saved a lot of strain as rearing meat for human consumption is very hard on it. It is quite a startling fact that meat oriented emissions are higher than what is emitted by planes, trains and trucks and the like. Taking into due account the fact that tens of thousands of people are up in the air at any given moment and millions are crisscrossing countries by road, can you imagine what sort of emissions those are, then? This thought was enough to cause the Beatle Paul McCartney to start a campaign to make Mondays in the UK meat free!
Meat is generally known to be more expensive than vegetarian or plant-based options. This is especially true when it comes to cities as the meat has to be kept refrigerated while it is transported until it is bought. So, for a person who is looking to save a reasonable amount of money, by going to a plant based diet, he or she would be doing this almost without the intention to do so!
Losing weight is not an easy task, to say the least. However, with a plant based diet, this task is made quite a bit easier! There are various types of fat and it must be said that not all of them are bad for the body. As a general rule, it is rare for meat to contain as high a level of good fats in relation to bad fats, as vegetarian food does. What this means is that the entire effort to lose weight just got a lot easier; all that is required is a rational choice when it comes to a person’s diet! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
3. Eat more complex carbohydrates - Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain.