Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature, often due to an illness. Having a fever is a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body.
Fever or elevated body temperature might be caused by:
- A virus
- A bacterial infection
- Heat exhaustion
- Extreme sunburn
- Certain inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis - inflammation of the lining of your joints (synovium)
- A malignant tumor
- Some medications, such as antibiotics and drugs used to treat high blood pressure or seizures
- Some immunizations, such as the diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (dtap) or pneumococcal vaccine
Lifestyle and home remedies
You can try a number of things to make yourself or your child more comfortable during a fever:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Fever can cause fluid loss and dehydration, so drink water, juices or broth. For a child under age 1, use an oral rehydration solution such as pedialyte. These solutions contain water and salts proportioned to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Pedialyte ice pops also are available.
- Rest. You need rest to recover, and activity can raise your body temperature.
- Stay cool. Dress in light clothing, keep the room temperature cool and sleep with only a sheet or light blanket.
You may be able to prevent fevers by reducing exposure to infectious diseases. Here are some tips that can help:
- Wash your hands often and teach your children to do the same, especially before eating, after using the toilet, after spending time in a crowd or around someone who's sick, after petting animals, and during travel on public transportation.
- Show your children how to wash their hands thoroughly, covering both the front and back of each hand with soap and rinsing completely under running water.
- Carry moist towelettes or hand sanitizer with you for times when you don't have access to soap and water.
- Try to avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes, as these are the main ways that viruses and bacteria can enter your body and cause infection.
- Cover your mouth when you cough and your nose when you sneeze and teach your children to do likewise. Whenever possible, turn away from others when coughing or sneezing to avoid passing germs along to them.
- Avoid sharing cups, water bottles and utensils with your child or children.
Hi doctor, I got pregnant immediate after marriage and I abort that. Just bcoz of some family problem. Since 3 years we have plan for kid. Now we are planning but i am not conceiving. Kindly help.
Sir, Nine months ago I found out I was pregnant which unfortunately it wasn't planed the pregnancy interrupted my wedding and a couple of surgeries I was gonna undergo everything had to be canceled off but I was blessed to be pregnant because that same month I Found Out I Was Pregnant I was planning to undergo a tubal ligation so my baby was growing really fast and healthy at four months my bellybutton pop-out but three weeks after I turned 5 months I had a fatal car crash and tragically lost my baby girl .I was at the hospital almost a month because of my postpartum and my health issues but as they release me from the hospital I noticed that my umbilicus was still an outtie it's almost 4 months and navel doesn't go back inn any idea what can it be?
I had sex frequently with my bf nd now I do not have my periods for last 2 months. I used pregnancy test kit nd it shows that I am not pregnant. What will be actually my prob.
I am pregnant. 8th is complete 9th is running. Last conception date se 6 dec 2015. In my ultrasound report my baby's gestational age is 32 weeks 6 days. And my ultrasound had done on 18 july 2016. So in base of gestational age can you tell me when will my baby born?
We are couple, we had regular intercourse and not missed middle 6-10 days. My wife has to expect her period on march 23, 2016 because her last period was on Feb 23, 2016 and her period was not started and all of sudden on 7th day after missed period she had a bleeding and we are confused is it a period or other. We had hopes and almost confirmed that she is pregnant. Please answer.
My wife she is 33 YRS she is having problem with monthly dates since last 3 months she is not having dates properly last 2 months only 2 days & in this month she has missed she has done the pregnancy test also but was negative. What medication is to be done.
My husband has 90% immotile sperm with 3 million per ml sperm count. Is it treatable? Will it effect my desire of pregnancy. Will I ever be able to conceive?
I have white discharge problem for 8 years. I tried so many natural treatments and consulted so many doctors. Even scan report and blood test became normal but it still continuing. There is no use of normal treatments and tablets. What is the solution for this problem?
Hi my mother facing problem with swelling (watering the body) so which specialist we suppose to contact.
Sex with cloths on 4th march. Boy is having 3 cloths, underwear, boxer and jeans. Girl wear college trouser and underwear. Suddenly boy cummed in his underwear. After that girl had three period. 1st-6th march, 2nd-11th april, 3rd-12th may. Should she do pregnancy test. She vomited once after her 1st period. Now gain some Weight. Pregnant?
Hi I am getting treatment for tuberculosis for last 3 years n still have to complete 3 years more having medicine My question is can I have sex with my wife will it be safe n what will be the chances 4 pregnancy as she is keen to be a mother.
Sir, am 25, going to get married within two months, we don't wish to get pregnant soon, let it be after one year at least, what method is safe for it. I mean using condom or tablet is would better to use for pleasure as well as safe? Am little bit confuse on first night sex. Partner suggested to do intercourse without condom, does it lead any pregnancy issuone One major question, if I use condom during my first night sex, can I feel the pleasure enough when compare to do without condom.
My wife aged about 33 years complaining in lower abdomen near ovaries on both sides as also in her back. Three months back an ultrasound was done in which in right ovary a hemorrhagic cist was detected. The doctor suggested me to take ovaral-g for four months, same has now about to complete but she is not getting change in pain. Apart from it she is complaining pain in her ribs in chest please suggest medicine/ mode of treatment.
Female, I am 50 Years old. Height 158 cms. What is my ideal weight. I m 58 kgs now. But look very thin. I used to be 72 kgs and I brought down by weight to 58 by neuropathy. I am yet to reach menopause, what shall I do? Please advice.
Pain in breast from some days, want to know why its happening, this for the first time m facing this problem. What could be the problem. Do I need to consult doctor for this .pls help me.
I am sure many of us have heard to have good amount of calcium, iron, protein to make our bones strong, to improve haemoglobin, immunity for healthy and fit body. Hidden benefits of ragi:
1. Weight loss:
It helps to reduce the appetite. It has a higher rate of fibre compared to other cereals.
2. Rich in calcium:
Calcium is important to prevent osteoporosis in long run specially in post menopausal females and old age people.
3. Rich in iron:
A person suffering from anaemia or low haemoglobin should consume ragi. Also take vitamin c rich food like amla. Citrous foods like lemon, oranges etc to increase iron absorption in body.
4. Reduce cholesterol:
It contains amino acids that hinders the formation of fat in liver and provides overall reduction of body cholesterol.
How to use:
Take 3 tablespoons of ragi flour and add to your wheat flour to make rotis
Porridge for kids
Whom to avoid:
A person suffering from kidney stone and urinary calculi