Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvinda JYour feedback matters!
I am Having thyroide problem last 3 year. I using thirox-100mg tablet. Kindly give me best treatment.
Hello Doctor, I just wanted to ask you a question I heard that for diabetes patients wound will not heal up soon? Is it true? Because it is happening same with me I fell down on my 10th class while catching a bus and it healed after few days but after 4 years (now) the skin over that place is itching a Lott and the layers of skin are coming out? What should I do? Not only that every wound is not healing even the cuts and burns.
My husband's age is 29 and he had taken sugar test and FBS came out to be 113 and PBS 116. He had taken FBS earlier two times as well within a gap of 10 days and first it was 106 then 113 and now again 113. Can you suggest what is the reason of this?
Sir am hyper thyroid, am using methimez 10 mg since two weeks, am getting muscle and nerve pains, is it drug related.
Recently went for blood test. My fasting sugar level is 220 and post prandial is 334. What precautions to take to control sugar level? What food to consume and what to avoid.
I am gaining weight day by day. I am hypothyroid person and taking 100 mg ethroxin tab daily. How can I reduce my weight?
I am diabetic 45 years old female. I feel burning in my feet. Why?what is the reason? What is d cure ?plz help.
I am 52 years old Indian male. My height is 168 cms and my weight is 101 kgs. I am diabetic (H1 BC=6.8) and hypertensive taking regular tablets for both these ailments. I workout 4-5 times a week which has made substantial improvement to my blood sugar levels. But despite efforts I am unable to lose weight. Please help.
My test report of dated: 28/04/2016 show that I have sugar problem. What should I do? Uric Acid: 5.7 mg/dl Plasma Glucose PP: 192.0 * mg/dl Blood Sugar Fasting: 138.0 * mg/dl
Hi my aunt, got diagnosed with diabetes last saturday and she is having pain in legs from long time so we consult doctor and found sugar level on 355 on saturday and 325 on monday. Could you please suggest what can be done here to bring down the sugar level in body as the doctor to whom we are consulting is just prescribing medicine and there is no significant change in situation so far?
What is best protein n calcium powder for diabetic patients (men and women both) age between 50-60 having fasting sugar 150 range as my mom dad both are getting old and need some calcium protein rich powder to drink with milk to strength their bone.
Why pp sugar is measured two hours after meal? Is sugar level becomes maximum at that time if not when it becomes maximum?
Hello sir Iam taking CARBIMZOLE TABLETS IP (Neo-Mercazole 10) tablet last one year. Above mention drugs suggested to my family doctor. please Tell me its hypo or hyper thyroid. Its fully recoverable or not. What is the problem create thyroid in marriage life. It is depend or not.
Sugar is present in all your beverages, smoothies, cookies, desserts, food items and more. But the not so sweet truth is that too much sugar in your diet can turn your life topsy-turvy. It increases your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, deters the immune system and even harms the brain function. So, in order to break the addictiveness of sugar that can rob you of your health, all you need is a clear path to detox from sugar.
Here are some pointers on how to detox your body off excess sugar:
- Turn away from sugar: Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. So you need to develop a strong will power to eliminate sugar completely, as you would do if you are trying to come out of alcoholism or other intoxications. You should not just avoid table sugar, but also keep away from all the sneaky sugars available in processed food and beverages. Ideally, a time period of 10 days is suggested to give up on any kind of sugar.
- Stack up on proteins: Eat meals that contain lots of good protein and fat. Since they are difficult to digest and take more time to absorb, it will make you feel full for a long time and sustain your energy levels. The key to balancing blood sugar and insulin levels, without much cravings can be achieved through a high protein diet.
- Eat the right carbs: Avoid refined carbs and starchy foods like potatoes, white bread, pasta and baked goods. Instead opt for natural carbohydrates present in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, eggplant, and artichokes. It is also good to avoid grains and beans during your detox period.
- No artificial sweeteners: You might be tempted to replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, but this is not really beneficial. Artificial sweeteners are just temporary solutions when weaning from sugar and we do not know about its long term benefits. In the long run, it might be just as addictive as sugar. If at all you crave for something sweet, go for natural fruits.
- Consume whole foods: Foods that don’t come in boxes, cans or bottles. Whole foods like vegetables, fruits, lean meat, nuts, fish, seeds and healthy fats will help a great deal to curb cravings and also keep you satiated.
- Sleep well: Last but not the least, get quality sleep time to beat cravings for sugar and suppress hunger hormones. Sleep your way to fight against the desire to overeat and improve your energy levels. A good night’s sleep will do wonders for your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
66 years male, diabetic for 10 years, feet have burning sensation for the last 7-8 months. This happens every day in the evenings alone. Any permanent cure, please advice.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Diabetes is a condition in the body, which is characterized by blood sugar spikes that result in the body being unable to use the glucose in the body.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
The various ayurvedic remedies for diabetes are:
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables
- You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.