Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140.My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph,sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
I am 39 yes old lady suffering from type 2 diabetes. I am have severe pain in right leg near ankle portion although I am taking nortipn but its not effective. Please kindly help.
There is any possibilities to escape from diabetes in early stages of it occur. What are precaution to live healthy from diabetes?
What is pp blood sugar? Ye kb measure ki jati h, kisi bhi time ke khane k 2 hrs k bad ya subha fasting blood sugar measure karke fir khana khane k 2 hrs bad, mean to ask kon se time ka khana khane k 2 hrs bad pp b s measure ki jaati h? Din bhar kuchh na kuchh khate rehne k bad, kya rat ko dinner k 2 hrs bad ka measure pp kehlayga? Pp Bs kitna maximum hona chahiye?
My mother is 67 years old and is suffering from knee pain for last few months. Her blood sugar is 7 hba1c and pp is 212. Pressure is fluctuating day and night. Please suggest how to reduce the pain. Thank you.
Hi, I am 36 years, i'm suffering with TB along with Diabetes and have eye sight since last 3 months. i am Taking AKT. Having Black Spots & swallowing in Back retina. Please suggest me what to do for early treatment.
My Mom blood test has been done And in report, it is found that her Fasting Plasma Glucose is 123. Has she got diabetes or its pre diabetes Does she need insulin now Her age is 40 And what diet is need to low diabetes And can sge eat fruits.
I am a 2nd stage diabetic patient having average 125 blood sugar, bp 90/140, cholesterol levels 200.
Are you looking for an effective way to managing your diabetes? Yoga is considered to be an ideal remedy. Regular yoga helps in reducing the sugar levels in your blood, and also lowers your blood pressure. It helps to keep your weight in check and relieves and reduces the symptoms of diabetes, thereby, slowing down the progression of the condition. Moreover, yoga helps in increasing the production of glucagon, which is a hormone responsible for increasing glucose levels in your blood. There are several yoga poses or asanas, which assist in reducing stress from your mind. This reduces the glucagon amount and improves insulin action.
Here are some important yoga poses and asanas, which help in stress reduction, and in turn work on your diabetic symptoms.
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise involves breathing in and breathing out. It helps in oxygenating your blood, thereby improving blood circulation. Your mind calms down and your nerves get relaxed.
- Setubandhasana: This yoga pose is ideal for blood pressure management, and also provides relaxation to your mind. It helps in improving several other conditions, and functions of your body.
- Balasana: This asana is referred to as the pose of a child. It is an ideal stress buster. It stretches your thighs, hips, and ankles, calms your mind and provides effective stress relief. It eliminates fatigue and cures lower back pain.
- Vajrasana: This is another simple yoga pose, which is ideal for providing relaxation to your mind. It is an important yoga asana, according to Ayurvedic beliefs.
- Sarvangasana: This yoga pose is renowned for its function of regulating the working of your thyroid glands. The thyroid glands control the functioning of your entire body, which includes your nervous, reproductive, and respiratory system. It also controls your body’s metabolism. This yoga pose nourishes your spine, supplying large amounts of oxygen and blood. This enables you to keep away from nervous system disorders, and improves your overall health. In short, it is an ideal overall stress buster.
- Halasana: This yoga asana is ideal for people who are stressed because of a bad posture, owing to long hours of sitting in a place. The pose stimulates your thyroid glands, lungs, parathyroid glands, and the organs in your abdomen. It helps the rush of blood to your face and head, keeping your hormone levels under supervision. It is effective for diabetic patients.
- Dhanurasana: It is another effective yoga pose that strengthens your backbone and back. It stimulates your reproductive organs, and works great in beating stress and fatigue. It is highly recommended to be practiced for diabetic patients.
Here is a list of food items you should include/cut down in your diet in case you have type 2 diabetes:
- Vegetables: You must have fresh or frozen vegetables and avoid using sauces, dips, fats or salts. Intake non-starchy vegetables like cucumber, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and vegetables, which are dark green or yellow in color. Also have starchy vegetables such as corn, green peas, beans, carrots and yams. Avoid potatoes as they are pure starch.
- Fresh Fruits: You should include fresh fruits in your regular diet. Have apples, bananas, berries, papaya, cherries, grapes, melons, oranges, peaches, pineapples and raisins. Have whole fruits regularly, which do not contain added chemical sweeteners.
- Grains: Include grains in your diet and consume whole grains more. Whole grains are not processed and consist of the whole-grain kernel. Grains contain starch, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are bad for blood sugar. Hence, whole grains, which are rich in fiber are recommended. Fiber controls the blood-sugar level from shooting up. Fiber should be included in the form of bran of oat and wheat.
- Proteins: Coming to protein food items, you should consume fish and poultry items often. Always remove the skin from chicken or turkey properly before cooking. Buy lean meat and trim all the fat from meat. Avoid frying and use methods such as baking, roasting, grilling or boiling. Also use healthy oils for frying purpose.
- Dairy Products: In case of type 2 diabetes, always use dairy products, which are low in fat. Do not add sugar to milk, curd or yoghurt as they contain natural sugar. Do not consume more than three cups of milk a day.
- Oils and Fats: Cut down the intake of excessive oily and fatty foods. Avoid food items that contain high saturated fats such as bacon, hams, sausages and butter. Consume food with polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. Oil raises blood-sugar level and is high in calorie and should be used in lesser amounts.
A type 2 diabetes patient needs to undergo several changes in his/her diet to keep a check on the rising blood sugar levels and for living as healthy as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.
Hello sir. My mother is a diabetic patient and she is suffering from it since 2014. She is 45-year-old and she is taking glynase- MF but not getting proper results. Her fasting is 300 and sometimes her heart beats get faster during sleep. Can you suggest me how to deal with it.
Wht to do n wht not to do to control uric acid n wht r exercise r required .wht food any one avoid n wht food must be taken.
I am an insulin patient, also having regular alopathic medicine course. Also have thyroid and high BP. Do you have any remedy in Ayurvedic medicines for the same?
I am suffering from diabetes from last 12 years. Nowadays my fasting is234 and PP is 350. My medicines are zoryl mp2 one tab per day, and BGR34 FROM last few days,
I am diabetic patient and married now, planing for baby boy, so would it affects my sex life & what are chances that my baby have diabetes?
Say no to soft drinks like cola etc
No to fast junk food
No to maida preparation like samosa etc
Have good amount of fruits n vegetable avoid red meat
Plenty of water
If you can avoid excessive sugar preparation.