Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir she is pregnant &suffering from pregnancy diabetes .6 month ago she's lost her baby and then she is 4 months pregnant. So future me baby ki delivery normally ache se ho uske liye kya precaution kiye pls suggest.
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control. I have tried all medics but right now I am under ayurvedic treatment yielding no results. Kindly help me sort out my PE problem which is destroying my married life.
Cupping is an ancient treatment remedy that has been used for many centuries in many parts of the world for high blood pressure (hypertension) treatment. In the middle east, wet cupping" hijama" is still a popular treatment. Wet cupping is the process of using a vacuum at different points on the body in order to gather the blood in that area. Then apply few superficial incisions (small, light scratches using a razor) on those areas, followed by repeating the vacuum on the same areas in order to remove'harmful' blood which lies just beneath the surface of the skin.
I am an sugar patient. I am taking medicine my doctor told me I have to take it for my hole life is it necessary? Can I stop my medicine and start control my food habit and exercise then can I stop my medicine. And another thing is smoking is bad for diabetes patient? Now my sugar level in control my weight 68 kg height is 5fit inch. I want to stop medicine can I if not why please explain . Thank you. Argha pattanayak 36 years old.
My dad had a spine surgery, two years before. The surgery was successful and after a year, he got diabetes problem. Does it affect? My dad facing leg pains problem now. What is the reason? please help me out.
She has diabetes and thyroid suffers from severe constipation generally diabetes level is high when it is normal then her b. P becoming low what to do for constipation.
Sir I am suffer from sexual problem. My sex timing is too low. My sperm comes out very fast. When I get excited then some drop on sticky material comes out automatically from penis. I feel very weak. Sometime after when I go for toilet then some drop of watery substance comes out. Please tell me some medicine to cure this Is am single Please tell if any test required for me It effect the fertility also or not sir please advice me sir.
Patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from nerve damage. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. An increase in the blood-sugar level can damage nerve fibres, especially in the legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication for people suffering from diabetes.
Types of neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy: This is the most frequently occurring form of diabetic neuropathy. It can affect the legs, feet, hands and arms of a person. Some of the common symptoms include numbness in the leg or arm, cramps, reduced reflexes and muscle weakness. This is accompanied by other problems such as joint pain, ulcers, and deformities.
- Autonomic neuropathy: This part of the nervous system controls the intestines, heart, stomach, lungs, eyes and sex organs. Diabetes can wreak havoc in these vital organs. Some of the common symptoms include bladder problems, vomiting, nausea, erectile malfunction, fluctuation in body temperature, decreased or increased sweating, and irregular heart rate.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy: This form of neuropathy affects the nerves in areas such as the thighs, legs, buttocks, etc. This condition is mostly witnessed in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. The symptoms are often observed on one side of the body, which includes abdominal swelling, pain in the thigh, hip and buttock, weight loss, difficulty in getting up from a particular position.
- Mononeuropathy: This form of neuropathy attacks a particular nerve and is mostly found in older adults. It doesn’t have any long-term implications. Some of the symptoms include paralysis of the face, pain in the chest, difficulty in focusing the eye, and pain in the foot.
Risk factors of diabetic neuropathy
- Being overweight: An increase in body weight increases the chances of diabetic neuropathy. A body mass index (BMI) of greater than 24 is considered to be alarming for a patient suffering with diabetes.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the arteries, thereby reducing the flow of blood to the feet and the legs. This increases the chance of diabetic neuropathy.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes can cause great damage to the kidneys, which increases the level of toxins in the body. This situation can aggravate to diabetic neuropathy.
- Poor control of blood-sugar levels: A poor control of blood-sugar levels is the biggest risk factor of diabetic neuropathy. Keeping the blood-sugar level under control helps the nerves to maintain a healthy condition.
Common complications of diabetic neuropathy
- Digestive problems: Nerve damage can lead to diseases such as diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite. It can also result in a disease called gastroparesis; this is a disease which doesn’t let the stomach empty at its usual rate.
- Limb loss: Gradual nerve damage can affect the limbs of the body. Diabetic neuropathy slowly damages the soft tissues and the skin, which eventually results in the loss of a limb. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..