Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
Sir mai aj 2 sal se kidney stone se pareshan hu dawa lagti nhi hai aur stone aur badhati ja ra hi hai With uncontrollable pain please sir koi upay bataiye.
Here are some causes and treatments of kidney failure
Sir, after hand application on my dick some times I will get urine very tightly and I will have some pain under my dick y is it so.
My mother's microalbuminuria of urine is 173.0, RBC OF URINE is 03-04. Haemoglobin is 9.8, hematocrit (HCT) is 29.6, MCH is 25.6 and RDW- CV is 15.6. ESR is 55. She is now taking medicine for high blood pressure, Gastric and for arthritis. She has no sugar problem as well as thyroid problem. Please prescribe the medicine after analyzing her urine and blood report. She is taking medicine for blood pressure Metosartan 25 in the morning and temsan 40 at night. She is taking Medicine for arthritis from last month. Her blood Urea, Creatinine, Uric Acid report is normal.
I have to go for urinating at odd hrs like mid night. In one of the clinic it was told that it is prostate. But other doctor said it is not. Tell me what to do?
Whenever I laugh more loudly, I get moist eyes, if the laugh continues then I loose control and my get urine out. please suggest me what to do. What are its causes and treatment, if any.
Meri wife ko 2-3din se toilet karne me problem ho rahi he or baar baar toilet arahi he aisa feel hota he or urine me jalan b ho rahi he or aaj halka sa blood b aaya Hum. Log pregnancy ke liye try kar rahe he Kya usi karan aisa ho raha he Give me any suggestion please I am. Very worried.
My father has diagnosed with middle calyx 3.8 mm kidney stone. And 300 cpk nac level. And e.histolytica infection. His blood pressure increases sometimes but any drug of blood pressure worsens his condition to reduce blood pressure he takes drugs like trika, Stemetil, zolfresh, and he is also suffering from pain at right side of body from hip bone to back side of neck that is occurring frequently. He said that before 20 years he was given a penicillin injection by a doctor and after two days he drink beer and immediately this pain occurred.
What is thw correct procedure of urinating for girls someone said that urinating in a flow is injurious and we should pause for a moment while urinating and should urinate in pauses this is correct form of urinating and it is an exercise for uterus. Is that so?
I have a tiny calcium deposit in right kidney although it has not been converted to stone. Neither do it has shown any complicacy. Is there any natural remedy to flush it out? One notion that drinking water and beer will dissolve and flush out the remnants. Please advice doctor.
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, Mujhe pesaab me bahut jhalan hoti hai .jab bhi mirchi wali sabji yaa koi bhi mirchi ki cheez khata hu tab jab kuch time 2-3 hour baad pesaab aati hai tab bahut jalan mehsus hoti hai jaise mirchi lag gai ho .to please koi ilaaj btaye .yeah kis vajah se ho raha hai .aur kitne time me thik ho Sakta hai aur kaise ho sakta hai?
Recently I am on steroid medicines, for illness BELL'S PALSY. Its been 13 days from the treatment started. TODAY I HAD BLOOD drops coming out along with urine pass out, please indicate what does this mean?
A bladder infection is a bacterial infection within the bladder. Some people call a bladder infection a urinary tract infection (UTI). This refers to a bacterial infection anywhere in the urinary tract, such as the bladder, kidneys, ureters, or the urethra. While most cases of bladder infection occur suddenly (acute), others may recur over the long term (chronic). Early treatment is key to preventing the spread of the infection.
What causes Bladder Infection?
Bacteria that enter through the urethra and travel into the bladder cause bladder infections. Normally, the body removes the bacteria by flushing them out during urination. Men have added protection with the prostate gland, which secretes protective hormones as a safeguard against bacteria. Still, sometimes bacteria can attach to the walls of the bladder and multiply quickly. This overwhelms the body’s ability to destroy them, resulting in a bladder infection.
Bacteria that enter through the urethra and travel into the bladder cause bladder infections. Normally, the body removes the bacteria by flushing them out during urination. Men have added protection with the prostate gland, which secretes protective hormones as a safeguard against bacteria. Still, sometimes bacteria can attach to the walls of the bladder and multiply quickly.
Other factors can increase the risk of bladder infections for both men and women. These include:
- Advanced age
- Insufficient fluid intake
- Surgical procedure within the urinary tract
- A urinary catheter
- Urinary obstruction, which is a blockage in the bladder or urethra
- Urinary tract abnormality, which is caused by birth defects or injuries
- Urinary retention, which means difficulty emptying the bladder
- Narrowed urethra
- Bowel incontinence
Symptoms for Bladder Infections
- Cloudy or bloody urine
- Urinating more often than usual
- Foul-smelling urine
- Pain or burning when urinating
- A frequent sensation of having to urinate, which is called urgency
- Cramping or pressure in the lower abdomen or lower back
Bladder infections can also cause back pain. This pain is associated with pain in the kidneys. Unlike muscular back pain, you might experience pain on both sides of your back or the middle of your back. Such symptoms mean the bladder infection has likely spread to the kidneys. A kidney infection can also cause a low fever.