Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
Hi, I suffer from gynaecomastia. I want to get operated but I am skeptical about the after effects/side effects of the surgery. Also, I would like to know a rough estimate of the cost. Any help?
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
- Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin
- Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
- It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.
I get stool more than 5 times a day (mostly after eating food). I think it's digestion problem. Please help me out what should I do.
I haven't been able to sleep since 3 days and I am having a severe headache, depressed due to many reasons, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 46 years old man, working for aviation company in catering department. I am in this profession since last 24 years. My problem is since last couple of years I am having pillow puffing / bugs under my eyes, got it checked with test KFT & LFT both were clear yes HBP was recorded. How can I get off from this issue. Please advise.
I am married since 4 years I have 2 kids but I have a problem of premature ejaculation. What's the solution?
Hi, I am Rakesh my issue us about sex. I'm 24 years old and I always want have sex. That's why I am used to masturbate ones everyday. Is this (masturbating) wrong for me. Is something wrong with me or it's normal!
Hi my grandmother. Has a problem regarding. Blood while urinating. Is this mean anything serious. She is 65 years old.
Mujhe ek saal pahle jaundice hua tha or fatty liver hua tha Gastrostrologist ko dikhaya tha or 1 saal tak tab khayi But abi 2 mahine se treatment band he sab thik tha Khana pachane me b koi prblem nahi but abi 15 days se mujhe potty jane me kaafi jyada time lag raha he 30 min kr baad b feel hota he ki or jana chahiye but hota kuch nahi Or 2 se 3 hour baad kuch gas type nikalti he fir pet halka hota he Yeh kya problem he aisa kyun ho raha h please tell me koi bimari to nahi.
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy-heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart-health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
As mentioned earlier, just as peanuts have certain good qualities, they can be somewhat bad for the health as well. Following are some of the reasons:
- Peanuts can be an allergen: Peanuts are also considered as a standout amongst the most widely recognized food sensitivities for people. A lot of people have nut hypersensitivities so serious that even their breathing is disturbed with a little amount of a shelled nut. Their tongue starts getting numb and their skin starts swelling. Some people have an extremely increased allergy to peanuts and for them, it can even be fatal, if not treated immediately.
- Peanuts contain lectins: Peanuts, alongside different vegetables like soy, contain hostile substances called lectins. Lectins are sticky proteins found in numerous food items including vegetables. They serve as a bug. The stickiness and structure of lectins, however, makes them very difficult to process and digest.
- Peanuts contain inflammatory elements: The abnormal state of Omega-6 unsaturated fats that peanuts contain is quite dangerous. It is true that your body needs, both Omega-3 and Omega-6 unsaturated fats for a good health. The issue, in any case, is that the standard western eating routine is, to a great degree, high in Omega-6 unsaturated fats and low in Omega-3s. At the point when Omega-3 unsaturated fats are out of proportion with the Omega-6 fats (as frequently emerges in a standard Western eating routine) irritation, coronary illness, and other medical problems emerge. Therefore, a balanced diet is very important.
Good evening doctor .I am raghu and my doubt is I had sex with a lady 5 months back and that was the first sex in My life time I didn't know anything about her past life so I had a doubt that I might have infected by hiv but I used a condom while having sex so I took a hiv screening test and the test report was negative but still I am scared of it doctor. Even after using a condom will a person gets infected by hiv? I am scared doctor what can I do for it.
I am 28 years old male I sweating a lot from my head/hair while eating and walking. I did not consult any doctor yet about this. It makes me embarrassing in my friend circle. My parents told I sweat much from birth. Please let me know any solution.
I feel weakness from long time and can't done proper exercise in gym. If I do proper exercise or equivalent from my body weight then my head unconscious and not feeling comfortable. And can't done physically work and my body not to be strong. And stamina is very low as compare to my health, height (5'11') and weight (77.400)kg 90% of days I am not going gym for this reason.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.