Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind CYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old. My sgpt is 96 and esr is 25. I always have pain in my left hand and left leg only. With trembling as well. My pulse rate is always high.
Sir. yesterday morning I just feel like gastric when I went to toilet it didn't come out completely then I try to make pressure then something like blood comes out and sometimes jelly type semi liquid. Please Suggest
Hello Sir! I am 50 years old woman. I recently got an ultrasound of abdomen. Which shows m kind of multiple tiny echogenic foci measuring 4 mm with mild thickinening of wall measuring 5 mm Suggestive of gall bladder calculi. I have no symptom of stones Sir, have no any kind of pain. Doc advice the removal of the bladder. Kindly let me know Sir, is it necessary to remove the bladder when I have no symptoms? Might it cause any other health problem in future? Thanks a lot Sir! regards ruchi.
I am suffering from kidney stones. Rk have 4 mm stone, Lk 3 mm. Stone (lower poles 4-5 mm). scanning gave Impression: *LEFT renal calculi WITH MILD HYDRONEPHROSIS. *SMALL RIGHT RENAL CALCULUS. Now what I want to do sir. What are the foods to be taken? And not to eat? Now I am taking CYSTONE TABLETS. Some relatives said use CALCURY (Aurvrdam) tablets. Is CALCURY good for me?
I am 25 year old female. Married. I am suffering from urinary disorder for the last 6 years. Heavy gas trouble lead to this case. First some amount of urine will pass, if gas is out through colon then only the remaining urine will pass. Other wise it got stucked. After sitting for some little amount of urine may pass.
I have been suffering from burning urination problem for about 5 to 6 months. Please give me a good solution.
My wife is 45 years old. She has lost a lot of weight in the last one year or so and also looks tired and exhausted by the end of the day, though previously, she did not suffer from these problems. Last week she suffered from acute stomach pain and the doctor advised some tests. From the reports, 2 things have come to light. 1. She has a cyst in her ovary and 2. She has a swelling in her kidney. Please advise what should be done?
I am facing kidney stones from last 3 years. I have been operated twice for the same. I am again experiencing that pain sometime. Please advice me what to do to get rid of stones permanently.
I have one more stone in my right kidney one of them is 24 mm & left kidney have one stone 10 mm. Give me some suggestion.
Sir, I am suffering with stomach pain heavighly.in that time I can't control my pain. Some guys are saying it's having stones in kidneys. So please give suggestion.
I am 36 years old. I have kidney disease from 11 years. I am on dialysis. I don't want transplant. If any other suggestions for me then please tell me. Thanks.
I am 56 years old, I was hospitalized for urinary tract infection in 2008. Dr. Have prescribed cital syrup, norbid 400 tablets, now I am getting the same burning while passing the urine,.kindly suggest.
Hello My age is 16-17 I think my penis is twist at left side Because when I was go for toilet the urine go at left side Is it ok or not Tell me some remedies.
I am 63 yes old and have distended urine bladder and can not urinate myself. Therefore, I am using self catheterization for the last six months.
I am 47 years old, sometimes I feel like urinating 9-10 times a day and some other day it is 5-6 times a days, I did my Blood test few days back and it is normal on urine, Glycosylated was 5.3 and all parameters of Kidney are also normal. Sometimes I feel it is because of cold weather but I get stressed, sometimes feel is it any issue on prostate glands, I am worried. When I feel the need to urinate the difference is may 1 hour sometimes it takes 3 hours, it is very random. Sometimes I get up in night for urinate once, and few days I don't even get up in night. Do you suggest is it normal or I need to consult a doctor.
Finding blood in your urine can be very frightening and must be investigated by a doctor, but it's not usually a sign of anything life-threatening?
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.