Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna SahadevYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
Hello doctor somebody says that during pregnancy she did not sex with her husband. Its humrful for baby. Is it true? Please guide me.
I have PCOD n missed my period for 1 mnth my last period date is 8 june please help me out when my next period will come?
Hello Doc. Me and my husband sex karte hai uske baad mujhe aisa hota hai ki vo sara sperm out ho gaya ase mai pregrency possible hai or mai hcg shots bhi lai rahi hu.
Hello doctor. I have a question related to my friend . She is female friend of mine. She has a question that after completion of her regular periods, 7 or 8 days after periods she is having pain regularly fr 3 to 4 days. So please help me out.
Doctor I am married before 5 months. While we are waiting for pregnancy periods is came after 55 days. Then we check out doctor and they give me folinine tablet for 30 days. What is the use of this tablet. I have to know that is it possible to get pregnant.
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
Dr. I am just 19, and I am 3 weeks pregnant, please suggest some medicine which I would easily get in medical stores without prescription formalities. Plzz help me.
Indoor plants are not just meant for embellishing your interior spaces. They have other qualities as well. They can interact with your mind and body and better your life with their healing qualities. Here's how they can benefit your health:
- They make breathing easy: Do you remember your old science lessons in school? Well, you must know that plants release oxygen into the atmosphere and absorb carbon dioxide during photosynthesis. Human beings do the reverse during respiration or breathing. During night, plants respire like us and absorb oxygen as photosynthesis halts. But there are few plants like orchids, succulents and epiphytic bromeliads do the opposite bit by releasing oxygen even at night. You can keep these plants in the bedroom to increase the oxygen supply around you. This helps your breathing and keeps you fit.
- Add moisture to the air: Plants release water in the form of vapour during photosynthesis and respiration. This leads to increase in the moisture content of air. They are known to release about 90% of the water consumed by them. Therefore, if you keep plants inside your house, your respiratory troubles will be reduced by a great extent. The moisture laden air around you will heal and help your respiratory tract. According to a study by the Agricultural University of Norway, the possibility of developing conditions like dry skin, sore throats and dry coughs is reduced.
- Natural purification of air: It has been claimed by researchers that plants can remove about 87 percent of toxins from the surrounding air in a day. These toxins are called volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs include formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene.
- Health booster: It influences the overall health of an individual. It has been found by researchers that surgical patients improve faster in rooms with plants. They feel energetic; have proper heart rate and blood pressure. Ayurveda Science tells us that a green and airy ambience is pleasing to the mind. It helps in insomnia, hyperacidity and is an excellent aphrodisiac!
- Increases concentration power: A study by The Royal College of Agriculture in Circencester, England, claims that indoor plants helps in increasing the concentration power in individuals. They make you relaxed and leave a positive impact on your mind. You are filled with optimistic energy and able to focus in life better. It can take away stress from your life. People who keep indoor plants in their houses are usually satisfied with life.
Thus, indoor plants can bring positivity in your life. They can definitely give you mental and physical bliss. They are not just a splash of greenery with decorative significance. They are your companions for life and agents of good health. Keep yourself free from stress and strains of daily lives by maintaining your indoor garden. Remember, a single plant indoor can give you millions of reason to smile and cheer for.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.