Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna MuralidharYour feedback matters!
I have one year old baby. Through caesarian. Still my pelvic muscles are loose not at all supporting during intercourse. Kindly suggest some medicine. Is surgery required?
I had sex yesterday with my gf and she was in her first day of menstruation. Actually Yesterday We had sex two times but at the first I have a very early ejaculation that I could not even insert. It was an outside ejaculation and at the second time after 10 to 20 minutes I again inserted and within 2 to 3 minutes I again ejaculated but this time it was inside her vagina. The reason of asking question is to know whether is it safe sex for both of us? May she get pregnant? May I get infected? Is there any need of medicine for both of us? How will she early know before getting pregnant?
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disorder) is an issue in which a woman’s hormones are out of control. It can bring about issues with your periods and make it hard to get pregnant. PCOD or PCOS additionally may bring about undesirable changes in the way you look. In case that it is not dealt with, after some time it can cause serious medical issues, for example, diabetes and heart diseases. In PCOD, the hormones change rapidly.
The reason for PCOD is not completely seen, but rather hereditary qualities might be a reason. PCOD appears to keep running in families, so your possibility of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have diabetes. PCOD can be passed down from either of your families’ side.
The most widely recognized clinical features are:
- Skin inflammation.
- Weight gain and problem getting thinner.
- Additional hair on the face and body. Frequently women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the abdomen, stomach, and back.
- Diminishing hair on the scalp.
- Unpredictable periods. Frequently women with PCOD have less than nine periods a year. A few women have no periods. Others go through extreme bleeding.
- Infertility issues. Many women who have PCOD experience difficulty getting pregnant.
Some of the most effective and long-term treatments include:
- Normal work out and weight control are the key medicines for PCOD. Treatment can lessen uncontrollable symptoms and stop the long-term medical issues that come along with it.
- Try to fit in moderate movements and additionally outdoor activities regularly. Taking a walk is a great exercise that a great many people can do.
- Eating healthy foods is very important. This includes heaps of vegetables, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high in soaked fat, for example, meats and cheeses.
- Most women who have PCOD can benefit by shedding pounds. This can mean losing the hormones that are uncontrollable and having regular periods.
- In case that you smoke, consider stopping. Women who smoke have higher androgen levels that may add to PCOD symptoms.
- Your specialist may recommend anti-conception medication pills to decrease side effects and help you have consistent menstrual cycles or infertility medication in the case that you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant.
- Aerobic exercises, jogging, walking for 1 hr. daily to be added.
It is important to consult a specialist for the follow-up to ensure that treatment is working and to change it if necessary. You may likewise require normal tests to check for diabetes, hypertension, and other conceivable issues. It might take a while for medicines to help with the symptoms, for example, facial hair or skin break out. You can use over-the-counter or physician endorsed pharmaceuticals for skin break out.
I am 31 year old. Don' t have a baby yet. I have polytheistic ovary. Weight is 55kg. Can I get pregnant. My doc wants me to for ivf should I go ?
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
Hi, is there any less effect tablets that are available in the market to avoid unwanted pregnancies or to prevent pregnancy? We have been using condoms since last 3 years and feeling not satisfied.
Dear sexologist, what is the female choice in her vagina that a male can do for sex. I only know insert penis inside vagina. Kindly share me anymore sexual female choice in her vagina. Please female doctor give me all points.
I am 27yrs old. Delivered a baby boy on Jan 2015 by C section. I still didn't get my periods. Is that normal or should I consult my gynecologist?
How to avoid pregnancy if we do not want to use condoms? any medicine. When it is safe to have sex without these precautions like after her periods or before her periods.
Hi. I have 2 children. Girl baby is the 1st one. And 2nd is boy. Am facing very big problem with girl who is 3 years 4 months. She is very very naughty girl. Whenever she is playing with her age group she is beating, biting or holding their necks tightly. So no one is interested with her to play. If am beating then she is saying no I won't do it again but later she is very normal means again beating and so on. If am telling politely then also she is not listening. Here one problem is there. When am pregnant while carrying this girl child at 7th month of pregnancy BPD is 4 weeks lesser than other factors. And they said that the head shape is dolico cephalic. After the baby born paediatrician checked baby and said all is well with baby. But now am worrying about this thing. Because of that is there any change in brain. Why she is not listening to our words. Am sending her to tution from 15 days onwards to relax in home and to have house chores and having so much work with my 3 months boy. But yesterday night tuition teacher came to home and said that please don't send to tution, we are unable to bear her naughty things. One more point, her grasping powers are normal.in all remaining things she is very intelligent. But worrying about her naughty things. Is der any child psychiatrist appointment need or else any brain scans required. Please tell me the solution. She is going to school. Nursery 9 to 12.30 timings.
Few day earlier my wife has aborted a 9 weeks baby .but still milk production occurs from his breast .is it normal or after few days it will automatically?
Hello, its been a month 7days after I got my medical abortion day before yesterday I got my period and yesterday morning I had an intercourse without precaution evening I did full vomit, after having intercourse my bleeding had stopped not even Single drop I'm not bleeding, I'm I pregnent pls answer me what's going on why I vommited ?
I am having cheese yellowish discharge with itching n folic Smell from last 3.5 yrs. Taken many medicines n tests done like urine culture, t sh, diabetes. All reports r nirmal. Still problem comes after 2 months of medications. Please suggest what I do now n what is the causes of this infection. How do I keep myself hygienic. I am 8 month pregnant n this is my first pregnancy.
I am 21 years old. I had a sex day before yesterday with my husband on 9 September. Without protection. After 5 6 hours I have taken unwanted 72. Now today on 11 I have done sex without protection so can I consume again that unwanted 72 ?or should I wait. Because that tablet is hard. If I will have that tablet now. Will it harm me ?because just one day ago I have taken that tablet. Please reply me soon.
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With Pms"
The research shows that eating walnuts can positively affect various heart health markers for example consuming to walnuts can reduce total cholesterol raise hdl (good) cholesterol reduce inflammation and show marked improvement in arterial function. It also helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in older adults and decrease the number and size of tumours in breast and prostate cancer in animal models.