Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna JagdishYour feedback matters!
My girl baby 5 months old, she is drinking very less mother's milk due to reducing milk, we are give nan pro milk, 2 times (30ML 30ML) per day can we give any other food, please suggest me.
I am concerned about introducing certain food to my 6 months old as she hasn't pooped for last 3 days. Is it okay to give barley cereal, brown rice, ragi,sooji, kellogs oats and veggies during night. Which foods from above should be given to the baby at night and which all fruits to be given and when.
Hi, my son s 9 month (8.4 kg)old nd he s vomiting a lot so doctor suggest to give domstal 0.3 ml but by mistake I gave 2 ml to my baby, is dis any harm to my baby?
My son was three years old, he got mouth ulcer and whiteness on tongue, he can't eat anything. He got small red spots on skin, which are little painful, please suggest any medication for him.
My 6 month old baby frequently passes watery stool after duration of 3 to 4 days. Is this normal happening.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Meri delivery 1 January ko hui thi. C. Section hua tha. Mera beta ab 4 months 15 days ka ho gya h. Shuru mein main breastfeeding krwa rhi thi pr sath mein lactogen milk b deti thi ab mujhe doodh aana bht bht km ho gya h. please mujhe koi tareeka bataein jis se doodh jald se jald badhe koi home remedy batayein or kis wajah se doodh km ho raha h wo b batayen plz.
Hi, my 5&1/2 month old one has not done poo since last 8 days and is irritated since last two days. I have given him colic aid but looks like of no help. His stomach looks tight. As per my Pediatrics advise I started giving him boiled mashed fruit since last 15 days once daily. Please advise as what needs to be done. Thanks!
Hi. My son is now 2 year old in april. I have 2 son. Mera big son jab 1 year ka tha to main pregnant thi. During pregnancy v maine use apna feed karaya. Uske baad use heavy constipation ho gya h.potty karne m use bahut pareshani hoti h.avi 15 days usne. Normal potty kiya tha. Kuch dino se wo bahut chirchira sa ho gaya h.or baar bar wo apna tummy or naavi chukar batata h shayad use waha oain ho rha ho to isliye use Dr. K pass le gyi to Dr. Ne anti worm or kuch medicines suggest kiya. To maine usi raat use diya. Use aaj tak anti worm nhi diya tha use 20 march ko anti worm ka medicine diya. Phir se use potty nhi hone laga. Aaj uska kafi tight v lag rha h.kya use koi bimari ho gyi h.or kya during pregnancy jo doodh pilaya wo kharab tha. Kyu nhi pilana chahiye during pregancy .iske kya side effects h.mujhe kya karna chahiye kon sa test karwana chahiye? Uske body me blood v kam h. 10. 00gm/dl h.pls !answer soon .kaisa mera baby healthy hoga.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.