Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Arun W S DavidYour feedback matters!
There are some white spots growing on my face from last six months. I don't know what should I do, also it happened before when I was 12 years old and got cured itself without taking any medicine. What do you suggest, should I go to doctor and start medication?
I got delivered Four months before and my weight has gone up from 67 to 82 and some small black spots on my face what can I do for that?
Myself 48 years. My face especially getting dark colour since last three months. I am shaving daily as I am working for MNC please suggest some medicine.
My face getting oiliness and becomes fairless. How to get fairness on my face and ride of blackness on my face.
My skin is very dry I want to know daily regime to clean skin tanning, moisturising,cleansing as I read on internet tell me these steps and what moisturizer or toner should be used for dry skin to make it hydrating. Currently some one reccomded me sebamed moisturizer so I have purchased one sebamed cream wrongly instead of sebamed moisturizer.
Hy doctor I am Bijay Kumar Sah am 19 DOCTOR I DON'T HAVE A GOOD LOOKING FACE AM HANDSOME BUT FACE ANGLE IS NOT GOOD IT'S SEEMS TO BE TRIANGLE DOCTOR I DON'T EAT GREEN VEGETABLES AND MEAT AND FISH WHAT SHOULD I DO SHOULD I JOIN GYM DOES GYM WILL HELP ME TO CHANGE MY PHYSICAL APPEARANCE SOME LIKES ME SOME HATES ME DOCTOR AND OUR SCHOOL IS VERY STRICT HAIR STYLE IS NOT ALLOWED WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GAIN WEIGHT WHAT SHOULD I DO LOOK BETTER DOCTOR HELP MEE PLEASE.
A boil or a skin abscess is a type of bacterial skin infection that leads to formation of a pus-filled red bump on the skin. It usually starts in an oil gland or a hair follicle on the face, the armpits, the neck or the shoulders. If a cluster of boils appears, it is called a carbuncle and this is a more severe infection than a boil. However, most boils are caused by minor infection and can be healed with simple treatment at home. Listed below are the various ways to deal with a boil:
- Boils are not entirely preventable but normal daily hygiene can reduce the frequency of the occurrence of boils.
- When you notice a boil formation, you should apply a hot compress on it. The heat helps to prevent the formation of too much pus by helping it drain faster. When the blood circulation to the area is improved by the heat, the antibodies help to draw out the germs.
- The boil usually drains on its own. You may try draining it yourself but only when it is soft. Poking a hard boil can be extremely painful; it may bleed and make the infection worse. It is usually best to let it drain by itself.
- When the boil starts draining, you can clean the infected area with an antibacterial soap daily till the boil is drained and flattened. You may clean it with some rubbing alcohol in order to prevent the germs in the pus from spreading to other areas of the body.
- The infected area can be kept covered with sterile gauze coated with antibiotic ointment.
- Penicillin-based antibiotics can be used to treat the boil but only if it is a severe infection. If the boil is excessively painful, you can use pain relievers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Avoid sitting in one particular position for too long because this increases the pain.
- It is important to wash your hands every time you touch the draining boil because the bacteria is extremely contagious and can spread to other areas of your skin as well as to other people.
- All the articles which have been used to treat the boils like the gauze, cloth, cotton and hot compress should either be discarded or disinfected to avoid spreading of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I want to whitening my face and neck skin without cream means naturally. Please suggest natural treatment.
Meri breast pe thoda sa press karu toh thodi si pain feel hoti hai. Main 22 saal ki women hun. Breast pe koi lumb ya mass hai ki nehi ghar pe self examine keise karun? Is age me memography thik hai kya?
I came to know from my mother that black kajal used as eye liner for infant should not be used as it is also a kind of carbon which could be harmful for child. Kindly clarify!
Hi I am 25 years old I am average color like wheatish colour I want to get more fair skin and want to know daily routine basis for clean and clear fair skin. Some times my skin become dry. Can you please suggest me Thanks.
Hello, I spend my holiday in Goa and then my face is heavily tanned. How to get rid of tan pls advise.
Hello Doctor, I have VITILIGO white patches since 10 years .Initially I have used Megain lotion, tablets and UV therapy and all. By Starting patches were decreased but still I have vitiligo under nose and under eyes and legs and lips. Right now I am feeding my baby. I have TFS thyroid problem also. Using thyroid medication .Could you please tell me how can I decrease white patches to my faces and other area. Can I use Melgain Lotion ?
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger. Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Microdermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
6 natural remedies for minor skin burns:
There is no escaping the might of fire. From wildfires to minor superficial burns, fires have always been a boon and a bane that we can never do without. Thankfully, nature is bounteous and has provided us with the antidote to every injury. Here are some natural remedies that are helpful in minor burns:
It is a truth that has been known for centuries: ice and fire have always been sworn use the ice as your ally to fight the sting of a burn. But, be careful. Ice, if applied directly can do more harm by severing the burn. Instead use it indirectly by using it as an ice pack, or wrapped by a soft cloth of cotton.
2. Aloe vera
The pulpy, green aloe vera is a much-loved ingredient in medication and cosmetics. The pulp of this plant is enriched by astringent properties that are known to heal tissues. Use aloe vera on affected area to ease the severity of the burn and gradually heal the injury.
3. Coconut oil
The coconut is perhaps the most efficiently utilized plant there is. Coconut oil has been used in cookery, as a makeup remover, as a sunscreen, and so much more. Because of its mildness on the skin, it can effectively heal superficial burns. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin e and fatty acids, thus lending it properties that can heal superficial burns. It has antioxidant and antifungal properties and is also known to lighten the burn scars over a period of time.
The culmination of the love between bees and flowers, honey is as sweet in utility as in taste. It is a powerful disinfectant that arrests the infection of wounds. Honey is also antibacterial and shields the wound from infection as it heals. Its anti-inflammatory property makes it an excellent home remedy to treat superficial burns. Applying honey over a period of time also reduces the chances of hypertrophic scars.
5. Raw potatoes
The sting of the burn is not the only thing that is painful, the ugly water-filled blisters that follow can be worse. Thankfully, your kitchen has the right home remedy for blisters too. Raw potatoes are extremely soothing on the skin and reduce the harshness of minor burns. Potatoes are also blessed with anti-inflammatory properties and reduce the chances of blisters to a great extent. Cut a slice of raw potato and rub it gently on the burn. The released juices will heal the severity of the burn.
-every household has onions aplenty in their kitchens. The next time you get your hands on that hot pan, just grab an onion and release the juices onto your skin. Onions have been proven to be rich in sulphur compounds and quercetin that can help to heal superficial burns. Onion juice is also an effective pain reliever and lowers the occurrence of blisters.
Try these remedies for superficial burns, for severe burns, it is recommended that you consult a doctor for the best treatment.