Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Arun V AdkoliYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years female n I hv allergy in eyes frm pollen grains .It is since 2008 bt last 4 years I was absolutely fine n had no symptoms of this. Again this years m encountering the symptoms. I want to know does putting rose water drop in eye exaggerates eye allergy? Does this allergy has a cure? My eyes are a bit dry so wat shud I do any that?
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.
Doctor can I take any medicines or eye drop to reduce my sight number or can you please suggest me any method to reduce my number.
I have red eye from 3 days and pain in body have a allergy in hand foot and pain in chest hand head.
Does frequent use of eye drops I kul have any side effects on the eye. My friend uses it when he has a meeting to attend and has red eyes. He says these eye drops instantly remove the redness in the eye and relaxes the eyelids. I want to know if these eye drops when used 5-6 times a week still don't have any long term side effects in the eye?
I am a student and due to continuous study I feel pain in my forehead and eyes please suggest some medicines or any other treatment.
I am suffering from Kidney pains and also hair fall and my eye's are not clear pls give some suggestions for this position. I am poor sir can I have reimbursement.
I am 26 year old man, Today I have found that I am suffering from colour blindness. So is there any way to reduce colour blindness..
My 4 year baby boy has eye blinking problem from 4 to 5 days. He blink tightly in an interval of time specially in thinking time. Please doctor tell me is this a serious problem?
There is a marked difference between having big eyes and eyes that bulge abnormally. This abnormality should not be confused with having large eyes. Bulging eyes can be defined as eyes where the white of the eyes is visible above the cornea (circular black portion of the eye). Medically, this is referred to as Proptosis or Exophthalmos.
Eyes protrude from the eye sockets if there is a swelling of muscles, fat or tissue behind the eyes. This is dangerous because it exposes the cornea and makes it difficult for the eyes to stay moist and lubricated. In extreme cases, it can also put the optic nerve under pressure and lead to potential vision loss. This is especially serious if noticed only in one eye.
An overactive thyroid gland is one of the most common triggers for bulging eyes. Another common cause for bulging eyes is Graves disease. Graves disease is an autoimmune condition that makes the thyroid gland release cells and antibodies that fuse the eye muscles. This can directly trigger the condition by inflaming the tissue around the eye or indirectly trigger the condition as it also causes hyperthyroidism.
Other causes for this condition are:
- Any injury that causes bleeding behind the eye
- Vascular Disorders : A build up of blood vessels in the skin or inside the orbit
- Neuroblastoma or nerve cancer
Seeing the white of the eye above the cornea is the most obvious symptom of bulging eyes. Excessive dryness, pain and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this condition. The patient may also find it difficult to close their eyes completely and have difficulty with eye movements. A doctor may use further blood test and imaging tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Treatment for bulging eyes depends on the condition triggering it. Usual forms of treatment include:
- Eye drops or artificial tears
- Wearing sunglasses
- Chemotherapy or radiation to treat tumors
- Surgery to repair damaged blood vessels
In cases where eyes bulge because of Graves disease, the below forms of treatment may also be used:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-thyroid medications
- Removal of the thyroid gland
- Replacement hormones
- Radiation to lower the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Orbital decompression surgery where one or more eye socket walls is removed
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.