Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Arun RaykarYour feedback matters!
Excellent Doctor very helpful
I have too much sexy feelings that's way testosterone released how can I control because I am not married.
How to ensure a normal period when you're suffering from PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder affecting 12-18% of women of reproductive age. PCOS is a condition where at least two of the following conditions occur:
1. Appearance of acne, excessive hair on your body
2. Irregular delayed periods
3. The presence of 10 to 12 small cysts in the ovaries.
You do not ovulate each month, and some women do not ovulate at all if they are suffering from PCOS. This is because although the ovaries of women, suffering from PCOS, usually have many follicles, they do not develop fully and so ovulation often does not occur. If you do not ovulate, you may not have periods.
So what can you do to have normal periods?
Although some women with PCOS have regular periods, high levels of androgen and also the hormone insulin, can disrupt the monthly cycle of ovulation and menstruation. If you have PCOS, your periods may be irregular or may stop altogether. The average menstrual cycle is 28 days with one ovulation, but anywhere between 21 and 35 days is considered normal, and for a woman suffering from PCOS, this cycle can take as much as 3 months to complete.
To ensure a normal period during PCOS, your doctor can prescribe hormonal contraception. The medication can also reduce menstrual cramps, acne, and excess hair growth. The estrogen and progesterone in hormonal contraception act to override the body's normal hormonal control of menstrual cycle and ovulation. Production of hormones such as testosterone is greatly reduced by the oral contraceptive pill. Some oral contraceptive pills not only aim to block the effects of testosterone but also increase insulin resistance.
By allowing the regular shedding of the uterus lining during menstruation, the pill can reduce the risk of developing endometrial cancer while ensuring you get normal periods.
Note: it is important that you closely watch your weight. Lifestyle changes and weight reduction help a lot when you are suffering from PCOS.
Related Tip: How Not to Miss Your Workout During Your PERIOD
I always feel like the need to urinate every after I go to the toilet. I just urinate a bit amount. I think this happens every night and early in the morning. Is this UTI? What do I need to avoid and the remedy for this? Thank you!
Why my penis is looking cruv please help me and its ejaculate very early just 1 rub and ejaculate please help.
My mother Age 55, having Thyroid problem, taking medicines also, facing constipation and heavy acidity. Tried so many medicines didn't work. Is there any solution.
My uncle's one leg is getting weak day by day and he is also a constipation problem. What should we do.?
Hi, I am 27 years old, I am having pocs. It's been 1 month and 15 days didn't got period. Want to conceive. What should I do?
I am suffering throat problem since last 2 years and this year I consulted a doctor. He said me to examine T3, T4 & TSH .but report is normal. Still I am suffering .tell me please what should I do and precaution in food?
I am 66, I am suffering bp not controlled amelo madcine is good but two legs are swelling. Now iam taking losar50 morning and night. My bp count is 98-170.3 months back a little stroke occured. Kindly suggest a medicne ?
Dear doctor, I am going to donate blood for the first time on this Sunday how should be my diet until that please give suggestions .
I have little pelvic pain but ovarian cyst not there middle pain pelvic Urine infection not there pus cells 2-4 Any reason I have to worry this problem not did intercourse now I'm married lady 1 baby is there.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.