Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArunYour feedback matters!
I have seen many lines in front of my eye. These lines are flying automatically. How to reduce such eye floaters.
My five years old daughter is diagnosed with -2 diopter. How can I protect her from being high myopic.
I have an eye problem for a long time and using spex for eye irritation and headache, is any other treatment should I take for this?
I am 19 years old and my eyes very weak I can't see any distance thing clearly so give me the better suggestion.
I am suffering from eye pain since 4 days, l think it is due to my over masturbation (hand pump) habit which is on process since 2 years.
My sister suffering headache. She used migraine tablet and not got relief. We consult eye specialist. Doctor said that she have eyesight. We are shocked. She is reading newspaper and textbooks which have small letters. Need your kind assistance. Am really disappointed on that moment. She suggested to wear glasses.
Dear doctor, I am 61 years. Retired. I am diabetic also since about 15 years. For few month now I feel especially when getting up some dust particle on the eyelashes and some times during day time also. Even though no pain or irritation in side the eyes I feel some irritating effect mentally due to this. Since childhood we have been using coconut oil for hairs and for preparation. Nothing has noticed so far. Kindly advise sir. Please bear with me if I am causing any inconvenience to you please with regards
I am 22 years old. My eyes are very weak. I am using many types of eyes proper but my eyes are weak so tell me how I sharp.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have a red eyes from few weeks In the corner of both eyes and day by day it is increasing whT I will do.
Since 2 years I have been a patient of ocd (obsessive cumulative disorder). And taking fluoxin cr100. But when I stop this medicine it comes back. How to stop this permanently and live happily without over thinking. Wht should I do please suggest. Overthinking is ruining me in many stages of life.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.