Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun MahadevYour feedback matters!
I have been experiencing insane hair fall for 1 year now. I have curly hair so I don't usually comb them. Also, I have PCOS. I have been using sulphate free mild shampoo for last 6-7 months and condition my hair every time I wash them - every 3rd day (average). I don't blow dry or do any artificial treatment on my hair though I had keratin infusion 7 months ago which didn't affect hair fall. What should I do to reduce hair fall?
I am male 24 years old. Due to certain incident in June 26 it was unprotected sex, I had done my hiv test on 40 days 60 days and 175 days from that day. All reports show negative result. Now I have facing some problems like burnings section and pain on tongue and also on some dots and redness on penis cap. Please help me out and suggest remedies. thanks.
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
I am a nursing mother. I used to take durashape medicine pre pregnancy. My baby is 4 months old. Can I take durashape medicine while breastfeeding him.
I took i-pill on 11th August within 7 hours. Now on 30th August I started to bleed from morning but not continuously. It's light bleeding. Sometimes dark black. So it's implantation bleed or my periods. This happened before 4 days of my expected date because I took turmeric in boiled water for 2 days 1 teaspoon to induce early periods but I am confused it with implantation bleeding .2 weeks over of my intercourse happened.
When can upt be done if lmp was on 19th sep, and the act was on 28th October, cycles are very irregular like 1.5 months, not got the cycles.
1] Chia seeds help in weight loss –
Chia seeds help in weight loss by increasing metabolism. Chia seeds when taken as a pre workout snack will help in increasing your stamina to burn out more calories and stretch your workout timings. Chia seeds are full of fiber and help by satisfying your hunger. Making you feel full. Chia seeds can be very helpful in ladies with pcod and pcos problem. Chia seeds help against bloating.
2] Chia seeds help in diabetes –
Chia seeds have a tendency to absorb a lot of water and swell up, this helps in slowing down the digestion process and hence slow release of sugar in the blood. This helps a type 2 diabetic person to manage his blood sugar levels well. This will help in keeping you full for longer and hence avoid overeating.
3] Chia seeds help in maintaining teeth and bone health –
Chia seeds are super sources of calcium and all the other minerals that are important for bone and teeth health. Chia seeds actually contain more calcium than dairy products. For people who do not consume dairies, chia seed comes as a blessing in disguise.
4] Chia seeds improve heart health –
Several studies are being conducted on effects of chia seeds on heart health. A study at cleveland suggested that chia seeds improve blood pressure levels in type ii diabetics. The study also suggested that chia seeds have a positive effect on other markers of heart health. It improves the hdl cholesterol (good cholesterol), and decreases the bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in blood of a type ii diabetic.
There are certain studies that have not been very conclusive of benefits of chia seeds on heart health. Chia seeds are good source of fiber, omega 3 and protein and they definitely are the best choice of food for your heart’s health.
5] Chia seeds are good source of protein
We all know that proteins are the building blocks of our bodies and proteins have such important functions that are crucial for life processes. Chia seeds are protein by 14 % of their weight.
This helps chia seeds to be counted as a super food for weight loss. It not only reduces appetite and makes you feel fuller for longer, but it also suppresses hunger. Wow! these features are just what a weight watcher desires.
Chia seeds hence make a super snack especially in the evenings when one tends to feel hungry and over eat snacks.
6] Chia seeds are full of antioxidants –
The department of food and nutrition of purdue university in indiana conducted a study on chia seeds in 2008 and found than chia seeds contain a very good amount of antioxidants.
Chia seeds contain following antioxidants:-
- Quercitin – quercitin has endurance increasing properties. It gives an instant boost of energy for physical training. It also helps in fighting fatigue during workout, thus increasing the stamina.
- Chlorogenic acid – chlorogenic acid may be helpful in slowing the post prandial release of glucose in the blood stream. It keeps the liver and the gall bladder healthy by regularising the flow of bile and not allowing it to stagnate. Chlorogenic acid may also be helpful in preventing and curbing the growth of certain brain tumours
- Caffeic acid – caffeic acid may be of help in preventing colitis, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and also certain cancers. It also increases immunity.
Chia seeds are a good source of omega 3 –
Chia seeds are advertised as good source of omega 3 fatty acids, but it is important to know the underlying facts. It is true that chia seeds contain more omegas 3 than salmon fish. But amongst the different types of omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds provide ala (alpha linolenic acid). Ala has to be converted to its active form to be of use to us. However humans are inefficient in converting these acids in to active form. And hence their consumption would hardly make any difference or benefit us. If you are looking to supplement omega 3 in your diet, you could rather choose flax seeds.
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples develop when sebaceous glands, or oil glands, become clogged and infected, leading to swollen, red lesions filled with pus.
- Also known as spots or zits, pimples are a part of acne. They are most likely to occur around puberty, but they can happen at any age.
- During puberty, hormone production changes. This can cause the sebaceous glands, located at the base of hair follicles, to become overactive. As a result, pimples are most likely to occur during the teenage years and around menstruation, for women.
- Pimples most often affect the face, back, chest, and shoulders. This is because there are many sebaceous glands in these areas of skin.
- Acne vulgaris, the main cause of pimples, affects over 80 percent of teenagers. After the age of 25 years, it affects 3 percent of men and 12 percent of women.
Hello doctor actually we are in a big confusion and can also say we r in a big problem. Actually my cousin is going to marry in November. But she had an affair of almost 7 year. And she had also sex with her. So is it true that her would be husband will know that she is not a virgin. But from last two year they were in not in relationship but she had last in 2015.
I am 25 years old I had a sex with my wife and I put my penis under vagina but I am confused that her hymen had broken or not bcos blood didn't came from her vagina and she is virgin and I was trying to broke her hymen from past two years but last night my penis reach till inside but we are confused that hymen has broken or not what can I do?
Hearing that a person is HIV positive instantly makes us wary of him or her and unconsciously we may begin avoiding social interactions with them. However, HIV does not spread through the air or by water and hence there is no reason to ostracize HIV positive people. To understand how to prevent the transmission of HIV it is essential to first understand how the virus is transferred from one person to another. There are three ways in which this virus can be transmitted from an HIV positive person to another. These are:
- Through blood
- Through bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal or rectal fluids
- From a mother to a child
Keeping this in mind, here are a few ways to prevent the transferring of HIV from one person to another.
- Use only Disposable Syringes: Getting pricked by a needle that has been used on a HIV positive patient can increase your risk of suffering from the disease. Hence, insist on using a fresh needle for blood tests etc. Also ensure that the syringe and needle and destroyed after being used.
- Registered Blood Banks: In case you need a blood transfusion, get blood only from registered blood banks. These blood banks need to run HIV screening tests before collecting blood and hence are guaranteed to have only HIV negative blood as opposed to local quacks.
- Use a Condom: The only way to prevent the transference of HIV cells while having intercourse is by using a condom. This is essential not only for vaginal intercourse but for anal intercourse as well.
- Get Tested: Today, an HIV screening test can be easily done and your results are guaranteed to be kept confidential. STDs can increase your risk of getting infected with HIV or spreading it to others. Get tested regularly for STDs and insist that your partners are checked for it as well. This is crucial if you have more than one sexual partner.
- Limit the Number of Sexual Partners: The more number of people you have sex with, the higher your chance of getting infected with the virus and transmitting it to others. Remember, HIV has no overt symptoms that are visible to the naked eye.
HIV cannot be cured but it can be controlled through medication. Hence, if you suffer from this disease, follow the doctor's prescription religiously to prevent transmitting the virus to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
आइये जानते है क्या हैं पीरियड्स से जुड़ी कुछ जानकारिया
महीने के वो दिन सभी महिलाओं के लिए कष्टप्रद ही होते हैं। हालांकि ये एक ऐसा शारीरिक चक्र हैं जिसके होने पर भी महिलाओं को कष्ट उठाना पड़ता है और नियमित रूप से न होने पर दूसरी कई समस्याओं से जूझना पड़ता है। पीरियड्स का दर्द हर महिला के लिए अलग होता है। पीरियड्स में न केवल पेट में दर्द रहता है बल्कि पैर और पीठ में भी काफी तकलीफ बनी रहती है।
(मेन्स्ट्रूअल साइकल,) ( महीना, ) (मासिक धर्म, ) (पीरियड्स ) को लड़कियां आम बोलचाल में डाउन भी कहती हैं। यह लड़कियों में होना एकदम सामान्य शारीरिक प्रक्रिया है। यह उतनी ही कुदरती है, जितना कि नाक का बहना। जन्म के वक्त से ही किसी भी लड़की की ओवरी या अंडाशय में पहले से लाखों अपरिपक्व अंडे मौजूद होते हैं। 12 से 15 साल की उम्र होते-होते ओवरी में से दसियों अंडे महीने में एक बार विकसित होने शुरू हो जाते हैं। इसके लिए( एस्ट्रोजन ) और ( प्रोजेस्ट्रोन )नाम के हॉर्मोन जिम्मेदार होते हैं। इस उम्र में लड़कियों के शरीर में कई बदलाव भी आते हैं, जैसे ब्रेस्ट और हिप्स का साइज बढ़ना। यह बेहद सहज प्रक्रिया है वैसे ही, जैसे कि छोटे बच्चे के दांत निकलना या उसका पहली बार चलना।
क्या करें इस दौरान ?
1. साफ कपड़ा या पैड इस्तेमाल करें
सबसे जरूरी है कि आप साफ कपड़े या पैड का इस्तेमाल करें। अगर बाजार से सैनिटरी पैड्स खरीद रही हैं तो उसकी क्वॉलिटी में समझौता न करें । घर के पुराने सूती कपड़े का इस्तेमाल करने में कोई बुराई नहीं है, बशर्ते कपड़े को अच्छी तरह धोकर धूप में सुखाया गया हो।
2. दिन में कम-से-कम 3 बार बदलें
कपड़े या पैड को दिन में कम-से-कम 3 बार बदलें। पीरियड्स के शुरुआती दिनों में जब खून का बहाव ज्यादा होता है तो तो 4-6 बार पैड बदलें। कई बार देखा गया है कि पीरियड्स के आखिरी दिनों में एक ही पैड 12-12 घंटे तक रह जाता है। ऐसा करने से प्राइवेट पार्ट के अंदर और आसपास बैक्टीरिया पैदा हो सकते हैं। बदबू भी आती है।
3. सेक्स से दूरी बनाएं रखना ही बेहतर होगा
पीरियड्स के दौरान शरीर में थकान और दर्द होता है। ऐसे में सेक्स न करना ही बेहतर है । अगर दर्द न हो तो भी सेक्स नहीं करना चाहिए क्योंकि इस दौरान प्राइवेट पार्ट की संवेदनशीलता बढ़ जाती है। ऐसे में सेक्स के दौरान दर्द हो सकता है और दोनों पार्टनर्स को इन्फेक्शन का खतरा रहता है। पीरिड्स के आखिरी दिनों में सेक्स संबंध बनाए जा सकते हैं, लेकिन कॉन्डम का इस्तेमाल करें। असुरक्षित सेक्स न करें। हालांकि बेहतर है कि पूरे पीरियड्स के दौरान संबंध न बनाएं। वैसे, एक मिथा यह भी है कि पीरिएड्स के दौरान सेक्स करने से पुरुषों की सेक्स क्षमता कम होती है। दूसरा मिथा यह भी है कि अगर पीरियड्स में सेक्स किया तो प्रेग्नेंसी के चांस कम होते हैं लेकिन यह सही नहीं है। इस दौरान सेक्स करना भी पूरी तरह सेफ नहीं है।