Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun Kumar T NYour feedback matters!
I had affected by neck pain and shivering my leg inside. When I was tension shivering my legs and hands and headiness tiredness so kindly help me.
My husband got viral fever 12 days before. After medication he didn't get fevered again. But after that he is feeling sickness. Today doc. Asked abt chicken gunya test and it has positive result. Doc. Prescribed 2 medicines as RABESEC 20 mg (before meal - one time) and UGESIC 20 mg (after meal-one time) for one week. Doc. Pls suggest healthy DIET for better recovery. TIA.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I am 46 year old, now facing improper erection problem while sex and also early ejaculation. Please suggest some way or medicine to overcome this problem. Facing this problem since last 3 years.
My uric acid level is 6.2 and I'm having pain in ankle like someone is giving me electricity shock. Please help.
Hello I have a constant pain at my right pubic area radiating to testicle and pain in back, kidney and the hip nerve, I can not hold urine for long time as it pains. When I hold urine for long time during journeys the nerves in my legs have burning sensation. Pain and burning while urinating. back n hip nerve pain I feel it like blood flow is burning the urine smells odd after the sex I married in 2015. May have this pain after the marriage I used to masturbate frequently before marriage kindly give details what happened to me and suggest me what to do?
I am 22 years old and I have this cold and cough since the last few years. Whether it is summer or winter, the cold is always there. What should I do?
Sir please tell me how to cure hepatitis b virus completely. Is it possible to HBV DNA -ve, once it found +ve in blood? Now my DNA Level is 30, previously it was 1600. If a Hbv patient is under treatment then how many years he/she can leave without any trouble?
My name is ravi. I am getting head pain. I am spend lot of time in computers. So please try to solve my problem.
The human body with its multiple organs is a highly complicated structure and one or more organs often malfunction for various reasons. However, for some, no reasons are identified for this problem. One such is irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is commonly referred to.
It is a common disorder affecting the large intestine leading to alternate bouts of diarrhea and constipation, abdominal cramps and a feeling of fullness. It is common in people younger than 45 years of age, affects women more than men, and though the exact reason is not known, the following are attributed.
1. Signal issues between the brain and intestines: For various or even unknown reasons, the brain may not be able to send the right signal to the stomach to process food, making the stomach to be hyperactive and have an increased sense of pain or sensitivity or discomfort. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals responsible for sending signals to various organs also could be involved.
2. Hormonal connection: Menstrual periods tend to aggravate symptoms of IBS, while postmenopausal women are largely free of IBS symptoms.
3. Genetics: People with a family history of IBS are more likely to develop IBS too.
4. Aggravating foods: Foods rich in carbohydrates, spicy foods, fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol aggravate IBS symptoms. Ability to absorb sugar could be a cause too.
5. Infections: Some people with IBS have certain bacteria identified in their gut which produces excessive gas and this could lead to altered bowel movements.
6. GI Motility Issues: Alterations in the way the food passes through the stomach can lead to either constipation (slow movement) or diarrhea (quicker movement). There could also be spasms and contractions after eating, especially if the stress levels are high.
7. Psychological issues: Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder are common in IBS patients. It is possible that they are not able to express their psychological stress, it manifests as physical symptoms. Stress increases symptoms of IBS and vice versa.
1. Manage stress: Meditation, yoga, support groups, medication and even hypnosis in severely stressed people helps control stress, providing great relief in IBS symptoms.
2. Lifestyle changes: Reduce alcohol and smoking
3. Dietary changes: Avoid aggravating foods, increase the amount of fiber if you have diarrhea and space out meals to avoid intestinal overload
4. Herbal remedies: Probiotics, peppermint oil and a variety of herbal medicines are available.
5. Symptomatic medications: Based on presenting symptoms, different medications including antibiotics for infections and motility drugs can be used. Anti anxiety and antidepressants are also prescribed to manage the psychological issues.
In terms of causes, symptoms, or treatment, IBS requires a very individualized approach and your doctor is the right person to discuss this with and decide. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.